IGNORED

Les Reed

steviestevieneville

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Who cares what’s going on at Southampton Bob?    :dunno:

Maybe to see how your competitors have achieved more than you?  Spot talent, cherry pick ideas etc. 

Can really tell you worked in the public sector.

A this will do approach, we haven’t got enough money blah de blah. 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Just because you have 14k posts, doesn’t put you above the guidelines of the forum....

As I said Bore off

Get back crayoning those  ‘Fan Club’ stickers

When you’re trawling Forum guidelines , take a £5 out your pocket money and contribute to the running of the forum before dribbling your nause

Dave.....LJ has two assistants who he trusts 100%. These are guys he discusses tactics with. MA and SL have no serious input into such matters - why would they? 

Do you suppose the likes of Pep or Pottechino discus tactics with thier owners?  Of course they don’t!

‘Kin ‘ell Robbo....read my post.  It’s obvious I wasn’t suggesting he goes to MA or SL by the whole context of about 100 posts I’ve written recently on similar subjects and others within this thread!!

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Complete idiot 

And the odd wet wipe on here still defends him

From the same group I guess

Bob....according to you, I’m a troll.......yet instead of putting me on ignore as I’ve suggested to you, you continue to try and either insult or patronise me.....in all honesty better posters than you have tried to do the same and I’m still posting.........

Bob....according to you, I’m a troll.......yet instead of putting me on ignore as I’ve suggested to you, you continue to try and either insult or patronise me.....in all honesty better posters than you have tried to do the same and I’m still posting.........

Only until you ‘forget’ your PIN to unlock your iPad..

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not my show at all - I simply question posts that I feel need challenging and certain posters take umbrage at that.......:dunno:

Oh come on you could have phrased your first post so differently so it didn't come across as just trashing the original post

To get this back on track....

I like the DOF role in a club but as we don’t ‘really’ know the personalities involved whether it would work with the current staff.   

I imagine that taking a job knowing a DOF was part of the structure would be a lot easier than having one imposed upon you.

MA strikes me as the ‘business’ side of things and LJ the football.

I thought the DOF was a role that harmonised the ‘identity’ of the team through from the academy to the 1st team, including the coaches.  Therefore the head coach was interchangeable, as long as they bought into that structure.  I thought that was SL’s plan.  

To be fair with all these identities, pillars and plans I’ve no idea what the hell we’re attempting at the moment, unless SL sees MA as a real DOF?

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Oh come on you could have phrased your first post so differently so it didn't come across as just trashing the original post

Wasn’t ‘trashing’ the op at all  - simply questioning  why it was necessary to post such a thread for the reasons I subsequently explained.....

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I like the DOF role in a club but as we don’t ‘really’ know the personalities involved whether it would work with the current staff.   

I imagine that taking a job knowing a DOF was part of the structure would be a lot easier than having one imposed upon you.

I thought the DOF was a role that harmonised the ‘identity’ of the team through from the academy to the 1st team, including the coaches.  Therefore the head coach was interchangeable, as long as they bought into that structure.  I thought that was SL’s plan.  

To be fair with all these identities, pillars and plans I’ve no idea what the hell we’re attempting at the moment, unless SL sees MA as a real DOF?

You’re almost right RR......

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That is certainly how the likes of Swansea did it, knowing that the Head-Coach is easier and cheaper to replace than a whole group of players.  They build the identity, and the head-coach adheres to it.  Laudrup, Rodgers, Monk all adopted a style that made recruitment easier, or at least the players they inherited.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not my show at all - I simply question posts that I feel need challenging and certain posters take umbrage at that.......:dunno:

Oh come on, the OP made a point that was interesting to a large percentage of OTIB and within 3 mins you responded with a wtf a ffs and a facepalm emoji.  Seriously if you can’t see why you wind people up and derail every thread you are seriously odd.  If you do it on purpose you are a complete narcissist.

Now back to the OP’s valid question hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is certainly how the likes of Swansea did it, knowing that the Head-Coach is easier and cheaper to replace than a whole group of players.  They build the identity, and the head-coach adheres to it.  Laudrup, Rodgers, Monk all adopted a style that made recruitment easier, or at least the players they inherited.

That’s where I’ve got lost to be honest because I thought we were told that was the plan?  What happened?

You seem to know a bit, or at least have a handle on it but what is MA in reality?

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Go between?   Wtf?   

Are you suggesting that LJ and MA don’t liaise with each other?   Ffs.........:facepalm:

They probably do.

However, I would think Uncle Steve, by now, must be immensely pissed off with their lamentable transfer ‘hit’ rate and inability to find solutions to the regular runs of defeats. 

If I were him, I’d have appointed someone with experience mid-Spring following the January transfer debacle. Might have saved him a few £million on this Summer’s catastrophes. Heaven knows what the pair will conjure up  this coming January. ... no doubt  a few more wingers and ‘ones for the future’. 

Hopefully, any new go-between will tell the pair that we need a leader, a powerful, attacking midfielder who will dig deep and rally others when the going gets tough.

We are in desperate need of a new hero, someone who defines us and provides the oft-quoted ‘identity’. 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Its the way to go, players get scouted in so much depth but a manager is often hired quickly because they've been successful somewhere else with little reason given as to why they've been successful there. Club should have a running shortlist of managers in case of break glass scenario where you need a manager tomorrow or next week etc. You've done your due diligence on whoever would be coming in.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Its the way to go, players get scouted in so much depth but a manager is often hired quickly because they've been successful somewhere else with little reason given as to why they've been successful there. Club should have a running shortlist of managers in case of break glass scenario where you need a manager tomorrow or next week etc. You've done your due diligence on whoever would be coming in.

Due diligence appears to be something SL leaves at the door of HL.

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh come on, the OP made a point that was interesting to a large percentage of OTIB and within 3 mins you responded with a wtf a ffs and a facepalm emoji.  Seriously if you can’t see why you wind people up and derail every thread you are seriously odd.  If you do it on purpose you are a complete narcissist.

Now back to the OP’s valid question hopefully.

Imv it wasn’t a valid post because of too many certainly incorrect assumptions of what is actually going on within AG.

Archived