IGNORED

Why Johnson should be sacked

SStandUp

If ninety per cent of fans are happy watching ljs borefests why did 50 per cent season ticket holders not attend Norwich match ninety per cent happy with lj as if I am season ticket holder with my son in South stand didn't go boxing day won't be going tomoz other son and his family season ticket holders in dolman the same in his words we won't be going I've had a gutsfull sadly won't be renewing next season

18 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Chief or chef?! 

Gut feeling and large samples say 90% of City fans think Lj is doing a good job. 

The problem is the 10% who dont, love moaning, love to be heard in social media and on Radio twentwtwot (Ian) 

Don't fall into the media trap, shout for City on Saturday, enjoy a top day out at Stoke - a game and ground that exemplifies why we are all (90%+)delighted to be going to top clubs for our away days, rather than places like Accrington and Wimbledon where the standard is unbelievably dire

I had a gut feeling earlier.

One epic clearout, and I feel much better.

11 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Slightly off topic, but interesting to note that the last set of figures show matchday revenue in advance of season ticket revenue, are the POTD fans going to assume more importance than season ticket holders in years to come ? (in financial terms, as the bean counters will surely be noticing trends like this).

It maybe the case or it maybe an exceptional year owing to the Cup run- and particularly those 2 ties v the Manchester clubs. Time will tell.

Of similar interest would perhaps be the size of the gap over time between the two- both in absolute terms and % terms.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It maybe the case or it maybe an exceptional year owing to the Cup run- and particularly those 2 ties v the Manchester clubs. Time will tell.

Of similar interest would perhaps be the size of the gap over time between the two- both in absolute terms and % terms.

Good point, I hadn’t considered the cup run, will be interesting to see if it swings back the other way again this season.

18 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Bobby Reid, he made him the ten million pound player he is now.

Brownhill is a better player now then when he bought him. So is O'dowda. Webster has got better and will be a higher value then when we bought him. Elliason alot better player this season, value would be better now.

Not forgetting he took a gamble on Tammy and look at him now. Kalas has proved a top loan and improving each game. Fammys goal record since he's been here is similar to Kodjia and we sold him for 15 million! So not all bad. We still have a high value in our players and that's not forgetting Kelly. 

LJ himself stated the suggestion to move Bobby further forward - he was just about finished here as a midfield player - came from the backroom analysts, so most observers would take that at face value and give them the lion's share of the credit for making him a 10m player.

Very debatable Brownhill is improving, he's flatlined as far as I can see, and there has never been any real consistency from O'Dowda over more than a few games.

Webster was known to be a great prospect, hence the high fee and very large sell ons - if he's 'getting better' it's largely through having a rare relatively injury free season.

Tammy wasn't a gamble, his potential was widely known. Neither was Kalas who was very experienced and proven at this level. Both excellent signings nonetheless.

Kodjia was a Cotterill signing of course; Fammy shows signs of living up his fee, no more than that, and as things stand there's no real prospect that when he leaves it will be for much more than we paid.

As others have done, I tend to stay out of the LJ in/out discussions as I find them divisive and I never like to see City fans fighting each other.

However (!) I am beginning to think the same as I did towards the end of GJ`s time here that perhaps LJ has taken us as far as he can. I`m not a `Premier League is the be all and end all` - I love the Championship and am more than happy to be punching our weight in it but I have to have a reason to drive for two hours each way and at the moment I`m struggling to find one - if I didn`t have a season ticket I doubt I`d bother.

A nice 4-0 v Rotherham tomorrow would make me feel a lot better though!

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As others have done, I tend to stay out of the LJ in/out discussions as I find them divisive and I never like to see City fans fighting each other.

However (!) I am beginning to think the same as I did towards the end of GJ`s time here that perhaps LJ has taken us as far as he can. I`m not a `Premier League is the be all and end all` - I love the Championship and am more than happy to be punching our weight in it but I have to have a reason to drive for two hours each way and at the moment I`m struggling to find one - if I didn`t have a season ticket I doubt I`d bother.

A nice 4-0 v Rotherham tomorrow would make me feel a lot better though!

believe it or not I hope we smash them, but its not just about one game or the next; 7points from top 6, 7 from bottom six and mediocre at best.....fans want more pride, passion, belief .....not gobble-de-gook from the 3 stooges.

Fair play for that journey though, I am only 1/2hr up the road but they wont be getting my money until there is change.

Interesting original post . Yes it’s all rather bang average . Gutted the way things have panned out having to sell our best players and replacing them with worse, Webster is exception . Such a shame the manager has felt the need to kill our football in the name of saving his job and securing a few more points . 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Interesting original post . Yes it’s all rather bang average . Gutted the way things have panned out having to sell our best players and replacing them with worse, Webster is exception . Such a shame the manager has felt the need to kill our football in the name of saving his job and securing a few more points . 

City had no alternative to selling Reid, Flint and Bryan. All three were keen to move, two to the PL and City simply couldn’t compete with wedges they’d be on.

Webster is a far better footballer than Flint as is Kalas, Kelly and Dasilva are equal to Bryan so to say those departures were down to LJ saving his job is utter bollocks,

What City lost was a 20+ a season goalscorer who hasn’t been replaced - yet....

48 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

believe it or not I hope we smash them, but its not just about one game or the next; 7points from top 6, 7 from bottom six and mediocre at best.....fans want more pride, passion, belief .....not gobble-de-gook from the 3 stooges.

Fair play for that journey though, I am only 1/2hr up the road but they wont be getting my money until there is change.

Do you know what, the bit in bold is actually spot on.  We all to readily say “7 points from play-offs, but 11 points from relegation” as if that means we are doing better than average, whereas it’s just a skew of how the league is structured.  We are average...full stop.  We are ahead of Swansea (13th) on Head-to-Head.  We couldn’t be more mid-table.

I’m not complaining.

Could we still be mid-table but more entertaining?

Dont a fan about we had played so far in the season. Tika taka in defence and midfield. We are not Man City as someone wrote. We have to play faster, ball and players in movement. Sack LJ? No. We have been 18, 17 and 11 in this leauge. Think we will finish higher this season. LJ and the Club is slowly moving forward, thats the mainthing. Last 3 games we have been 1-0 up, draw all 3. Its small margins in this leauge dont think its so mutch that needed to be top six. The defence is now ok, our mf scores not enough. Only Famara scores upfront. Many games left and Walsh, Smith coming back. Really hope Taylor can find fitness and form. We are midtable and hard to beat at the moment, Rotherham is a must win for confidence and fans. Remember some years ago and we were in the bottom of leauge one. Odriscoll get sacked and then Cotts came, rest is history. Turning point when we beat Gillingham home, 2-1 I think. So, all and all we have really progressed last six seasons. LJ makes misstakes and is not Einstein all the time but so far he has made the Club stronger each season. Lets win tomorrow, COYR!!!

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City had no alternative to selling Reid, Flint and Bryan. All three were keen to move, two to the PL and City simply couldn’t compete with wedges they’d be on.

Webster is a far better footballer than Flint as is Kalas, Kelly and Dasilva are equal to Bryan so to say those departures were down to LJ saving his job is utter bollocks,

Oops ? 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what, the bit in bold is actually spot on.  We all to readily say “7 points from play-offs, but 11 points from relegation” as if that means we are doing better than average, whereas it’s just a skew of how the league is structured.  We are average...full stop.  We are ahead of Swansea (13th) on Head-to-Head.  We couldn’t be more mid-table.

I’m not complaining.

Could we still be mid-table but more entertaining?

Not complaining, but for how long Dave?  Would 2 seasons of bang average be OK, 5 seasons, 10 seasons..... something has to spark some entertainment and excitement and I’m not sure much will/can change if we sell our best players ( I know they want to go and we can’t and shouldn’t stand in their way) is that because they can see there isn’t the ambition, intent or financial will to progress?

I have said many times before, I believe the clubs in the Championship that don’t receive parachute payments should be able to put in up to the amount of the highest parachute payment without penalty, until this happens, clubs who haven’t failed in the Premier League are penalised in favour of those who have.

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not complaining, but for how long Dave?  Would 2 seasons of bang average be OK, 5 seasons, 10 seasons..... something has to spark some entertainment and excitement and I’m not sure much will/can change if we sell our best players ( I know they want to go and we can’t and shouldn’t stand in their way) is that because they can see there isn’t the ambition, intent or financial will to progress?

I have said many times before, I believe the clubs in the Championship that don’t receive parachute payments should be able to put in up to the amount of the highest parachute payment without penalty, until this happens, clubs who haven’t failed in the Premier are penalised in favour of those who have.

Excellent post MR, particularly the second paragraph.

The first paragraph highlights one of reason that LJ is doing a decent job despite having one hand tied behind his back.

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

2 them are loans and are costing us with no money returned and will be gone at end of season so we will be building again, Kelly will be gone as well for what-ever offer comes in, maybe in a few weeks; so a short fix and no building at all really as none of them will be here this time next year.

Maybe a bit of investment this time last year and the three that left would have stayed and it would be us in the prem instead of Cardiff are they really that much better than us or just better managed.

5 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Maybe a bit of investment this time last year and the three that left would have stayed and it would be us in the prem instead of Cardiff are they really that much better than us or just better managed.

That’s three who don’t understand SLs long term strategy. You could join Red Lion Lad and BS4 for pint to discuss it........

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s three who don’t understand SLs long term strategy.

please tell me how long this plan is going to take ? please don't let FGR pass us by :dunno: is it 3yrs..4..5....10yrs HOW LONG HOW MANY MORE WINDOWS? or is it an open ended thing like its gonna take like forever and then some.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s three who don’t understand SLs long term strategy. You could join Red Lion Lad and BS4 for pint to discuss it........

What makes you think I don't understand?

Can you give me your reasoning for making that statement?

...or is this you just talking bollox as usual?

22 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

I don't want Johnson sacked at all! But I'm sick of the negativity, the atmosphere at ashton gate is horrendous too!

Thr atmosphere around the club is only going to change when LJ goes. Too many people have agendas against him

Or perhaps it’s because he isn’t capable of getting his team to play football that’s even slightly entertaining! 

The atmosphere is shite because the football is not the sort of football to get an atmosphere, It’s not hard to work that one out!.

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Said it before, Bryan, FLINT, Reid, wanted PL football, they knew they weren't going to get that playing fir for City, 

1 minute ago, Bri Stool City said:

please tell me how long this plan is going to take ? please don't let FGR pass us by :dunno: is it 3yrs..4..5....10yrs HOW LONG HOW MANY MORE WINDOWS?

City are getting the logistics in place for when we reach the PL. The new redevelopment of AG, the upgrade of the training facilities at Failand. 

What LJ is trying to do is achieve promotion with ideally 4 or 5 home grown players mixed with his own signings and SL has expectations of progress season on season - he said at Senior Reds Xmas lunch that he’s optimistic of a top six finish this season.....so LJ is under pressure to deliver sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Or perhaps it’s because he isn’t capable of getting his team to play football that’s even slightly entertaining! 

The atmosphere is shite because the football is not the sort of football to get an atmosphere, It’s not hard to work that one out!.

It's boring, I've got a s/t but I wouldn't pay to what this under LJ

Archived