IGNORED

Why Johnson should be sacked

SStandUp

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

City are getting the logistics in place for when we reach the PL. The new redevelopment of AG, the upgrade of the training facilities at Failand. 

What LJ is trying to do is achieve promotion with ideally 4 or 5 home grown players mixed with his own signings and SL has expectations of progress season on season - he said at Senior Reds Xmas lunch that he’s optimistic of a top six finish this season.....so LJ is under pressure to deliver sooner rather than later.

If he truly said that and really has that expectation then he knows less about football than I thought.

As things stand there is zero chance of us being in the top six by the end of this season or the next five seasons!

The plan is utterly flawed and will never get us anywhere near the PL.

The part of the ‘plan’ as I understand it that you have missed out is that these ‘ 4 or 5 homegrown ‘ players would, if good enough to help us get promoted, would already have been sold!

To quote another poster “ we are getting our pants pulled down here” - there is no real ambition to get us to the PL, the ‘ambition’ is to get as many people through the door on a match day to deliver £ and pretend that something exciting is just about to happen, whilst knowing that it’s not going to anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Oddly enough I did have a chat with him after the Senior Reds Xmas lunch.

You've been stuck on repeat so much recently you probably told him he doesn't know what SL's strategy is either.   :trumpet:

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed.  

In reality he shouldn’t have been allowed to buy Baker unless he knew Flint was going.  He had Wright, Magnússon, Hegeler and even Vyner and Moore as CBs already, under the strategy he shouldn’t have ended with both.  He knew the strategy, in fact you could argue SL was weak in letting him sign Baker.  The bids for Flint were too low.  Flint himself didn’t want to go to Birmingham, so there was no need to sign Baker last summer.  Flint even got a new contract out of it!!

There was continued interest in Bryan, but nothing other than a stupid joint bid with Flint from Redknapp.

The question was should LJ have been allowed to break the record on Diedhiou, knowing our P&L (loss) projection for last season?  Probably not.  We had Taylor, Djuric, Reid (still a gamble at that point), McCoulsky...and Engvall.  Not a strong front line I grant you, but may be LJ should’ve been told to just buy cheap or get a loan in like Tammy the season before.

So he did, brought in England u21 striker (played with Tammy) Cauley Woodrow (Loan with option to buy).  But he had his cake and eat it, because he had Diedhiou too.  He then let his slices of Woodrow and Engvall (£1.6) go stale.

Had we gone realistically with Djúric, Taylor, Woodrow, Engvall and Reid would things have been much different?  Injuries would e meant stumbling on the same Reid / Pato combo anyway.

SL was weak again, let LJ have what he wanted.  I don’t think LJ is a yes man, I think along with MA, they use SL’s absence to their advantage.  

Ultimately we end up with having to lose 3 players in one window.  That could’ve been smoothed through summer 17, winter 18 and summer 18 windows.  There would’ve been an easing in process.

Back to Flint, he’s moved on, and we have Baker.....that should’ve been it.  But we also now have Webster (great) and Kalas (great), and still Baker, Wright, Moore and Vyner.  Baker is no longer first choice, yet he was the choice to replace Flint.  We did sell Magnússon but LJ rarely played him CB last season if at all.  It’s extravagant to say the least.

With Bryan, He could’ve utilised Magnússon more, but ultimately he had his successor there.  He’d already integrated Kelly last season, so not a rebuild necessary there.  I don’t argue that he couldn’t expect LK to play 46 games, but he now has Dasilva as an extravagant England u21 bench warmer (sometimes not even making the 18).  I don’t expect succession planning to run smoothly, but we had two LBs in Bryan and Magnússon who both wanted to leave.  

Good solid reasoning there Dave but I’d question some of the points

I think the cup run of last season and subsequent TV coverage not only exposed the talents of Flint, Reid and Bryan to far wider range of bigger clubs but also gave a taste of PL stadiums and crowds to Reid and Bryan so a summer move for all three was not unexpected. I can’t see that losing them gradually was an option.

I think LJ has a good job in replacing two of them but he admits that the striker options remain thin and we know that a striker is on his winter window shopping list - good luck with that Lee...........

I don’t accept that LJ and MA take advantage of SLs absence either or that he’s been “weak”.No major decisions are made without his approval including transfers in or out. Obviously he’s not too interested in the day to day business of running a football club - that falls to  MA but the two of them liaise regularly.

8 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

If he truly said that and really has that expectation then he knows less about football than I thought.

As things stand there is zero chance of us being in the top six by the end of this season or the next five seasons!

The plan is utterly flawed and will never get us anywhere near the PL.

The part of the ‘plan’ as I understand it that you have missed out is that these ‘ 4 or 5 homegrown ‘ players would, if good enough to help us get promoted, would already have been sold!

To quote another poster “ we are getting our pants pulled down here” - there is no real ambition to get us to the PL, the ‘ambition’ is to get as many people through the door on a match day to deliver £ and pretend that something exciting is just about to happen, whilst knowing that it’s not going to anytime soon.

Of course he said it! I wasn’t the only one there to hear it ffs....and one reason why I consider SL to be a tough boss.

His strategy may well be flawed - only time will tell - but the way I look at it is that flawed or not the strategy is in place and whinging and criticising will make zero difference.

Accept it and allow LJ and his assistants try to implement it.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed.  

In reality he shouldn’t have been allowed to buy Baker unless he knew Flint was going.  He had Wright, Magnússon, Hegeler and .......

.......to run smoothly, but we had two LBs in Bryan and Magnússon who both wanted to leave.  

That’s a great post - our recruitment summarised beautifully

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed.  

In reality he shouldn’t have been allowed to buy Baker unless he knew Flint was going.  He had Wright, Magnússon, Hegeler and even Vyner and Moore as CBs already, under the strategy he shouldn’t have ended with both.  He knew the strategy, in fact you could argue SL was weak in letting him sign Baker.  The bids for Flint were too low.  Flint himself didn’t want to go to Birmingham, so there was no need to sign Baker last summer.  Flint even got a new contract out of it!!

There was continued interest in Bryan, but nothing other than a stupid joint bid with Flint from Redknapp.

The question was should LJ have been allowed to break the record on Diedhiou, knowing our P&L (loss) projection for last season?  Probably not.  We had Taylor, Djuric, Reid (still a gamble at that point), McCoulsky...and Engvall.  Not a strong front line I grant you, but may be LJ should’ve been told to just buy cheap or get a loan in like Tammy the season before.

So he did, brought in England u21 striker (played with Tammy) Cauley Woodrow (Loan with option to buy).  But he had his cake and eat it, because he had Diedhiou too.  He then let his slices of Woodrow and Engvall (£1.6) go stale.

Had we gone realistically with Djúric, Taylor, Woodrow, Engvall and Reid would things have been much different?  Injuries would e meant stumbling on the same Reid / Pato combo anyway.

SL was weak again, let LJ have what he wanted.  I don’t think LJ is a yes man, I think along with MA, they use SL’s absence to their advantage.  

Ultimately we end up with having to lose 3 players in one window.  That could’ve been smoothed through summer 17, winter 18 and summer 18 windows.  There would’ve been an easing in process.

Back to Flint, he’s moved on, and we have Baker.....that should’ve been it.  But we also now have Webster (great) and Kalas (great), and still Baker, Wright, Moore and Vyner.  Baker is no longer first choice, yet he was the choice to replace Flint.  We did sell Magnússon but LJ rarely played him CB last season if at all.  It’s extravagant to say the least.

With Bryan, He could’ve utilised Magnússon more, but ultimately he had his successor there.  He’d already integrated Kelly last season, so not a rebuild necessary there.  I don’t argue that he couldn’t expect LK to play 46 games, but he now has Dasilva as an extravagant England u21 bench warmer (sometimes not even making the 18).  I don’t expect succession planning to run smoothly, but we had two LBs in Bryan and Magnússon who both wanted to leave.  

Christ almighty Dave. Next game I get to I’m buying you a pint. You’re on fire. 

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

He can't come up with a reasoned argument for anything.

Every time he's proved wrong he just posts a laughing emoji.......the sort of thing a Gashead would do on a City forum.

Can't the admin. conjure up a GJ emoji thingy? Preferably looking mean and carrying a big stick.

Or a miniature blue/ white quartered minibus?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Of course he said it! I wasn’t the only one there to hear it ffs....and one reason why I consider SL to be a tough boss.

His strategy may well be flawed - only time will tell - but the way I look at it is that flawed or not the strategy is in place and whinging and criticising will make zero difference.

Accept it and allow LJ and his assistants to implement it.

Like allowing some boating lake attendants sail the Queen Mary to NY.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Or one emoji pulling another ones pants down. 

Would said pullee have red hair and be shitting itself?

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed.  

This is a very good summary , along with a previous NJ post about LJ using the family silver to fund so much nonsense. Our transfer dealings with the budget made available have been substandard and nonsense from a logic point of view. We have to over perform in this area, not underperform. It has been a confused strategy, that changes on the whim of the next excuse from LJ and his latest tactical ideal. MA is also very much accountable for this confused shambles and should leave with LJ. 

The last thing SL must do in January is give any more money to LJ and MA. 

Archived