IGNORED

Why Johnson should be sacked

SStandUp

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City are getting the logistics in place for when we reach the PL. The new redevelopment of AG, the upgrade of the training facilities at Failand. 

What LJ is trying to do is achieve promotion with ideally 4 or 5 home grown players mixed with his own signings and SL has expectations of progress season on season - he said at Senior Reds Xmas lunch that he’s optimistic of a top six finish this season.....so LJ is under pressure to deliver sooner rather than later. 

So what happens if he doesn't deliver? 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City are getting the logistics in place for when we reach the PL. The new redevelopment of AG, the upgrade of the training facilities at Failand. no rush with that then, plenty of time

What LJ is trying to do is achieve promotion with ideally 4 or 5 home grown players mixed with his own signings and SL has expectations of progress season on season - he said at Senior Reds Xmas lunch that he’s optimistic of a top six finish this season.....so LJ is under pressure to deliver sooner rather than later. Steve better put his hand in his pocket then, like the next few weeks; and you forgot to mention the loanees we keep bringing in, is that because the signings aren't up to much and also the fact that we keep selling our home grown players that are any good; the plan aint working..wake up.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nothing whatsoever.

We go again under LJ next season.

In one Nogs, ST sales may nudge him a bit but he wont care or change his development plan

23 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Not complaining, but for how long Dave?  Would 2 seasons of bang average be OK, 5 seasons, 10 seasons..... something has to spark some entertainment and excitement and I’m not sure much will/can change if we sell our best players ( I know they want to go and we can’t and shouldn’t stand in their way) is that because they can see there isn’t the ambition, intent or financial will to progress?

I have said many times before, I believe the clubs in the Championship that don’t receive parachute payments should be able to put in up to the amount of the highest parachute payment without penalty, until this happens, clubs who haven’t failed in the Premier League are penalised in favour of those who have.

Good question MR.  I probably can’t answer.

Depends on other factors, like players sold / players brought in.  I get annoyed by the “we are rebuilding because we lost our 3 best players” from fans and Johnson alike.  They rarely say we over-spent last season do they?  They never look at the starting position, which was really summer 2017.  2016/17 season was funded by Kodjia and Bolassie.  It’s all too convenient to ignore rolling seasons.

In all honesty, if you start in the summer of 2017 and then wind forward one year, you get Tomlin moved on at a loss, £5.3m spent  on Diedhiou and £3.5m(ish) on Baker plus loans of Leko and Woodrow.  That’s £10m plus overspent against @Robbored‘s infamous sustainability strategy (project), new deals for Flint, etc.  All against a backdrop of a deficit of £3.6m (wages less than turnover), and as we’ve seen that gap grew last season. (Sorry Robbo, not really having a dig at you, just making sure everyone really does understand, because I think it’s a bit of a woolly message from the senior hierarchy at Ashton Gate....and conveniently woolly at that)

If we were following the strategy, then Diedhiou, Baker (Leko and Woodrow) should’ve been funded by sales of probably Flint and Bryan LAST SUMMER, not this summer.  Or LJ told to wait a year if he wanted to keep both for a push.  LJ however was given a year’s grace in doing that, and in fairness through the bright spots of the 17/18 season, increased their value, and also found the golden nugget in Reid.  In short Reid funded Webster, Hunt, etc this summer.  Flint and Bryan funded a year overdraft given to LJ.  He always knew he would have to sell....all season he knew he had to make up the £10m overspend from Diedhiou and Baker, so I find it a bit rich to now say “I’m rebuilding”.  He could’ve done it more smoothly, e.g. move Flint on for Baker last summer, and Bryan in January.  He wouldn’t have such a big transition to deal with.

SL has allowed MA / LJ (you can read MA every time I write LJ above) too much rope.  Can SL see the whites of their eyes when he’s only over here 30 days a year, and his focus isn’t 100% Bristol City?

I accept its not a simple job, nor are City big guns in this division either, but I do feel the transparency or lack of it is actually making it more difficult for LJ.

So I'm still comfortable with average....at the moment!

On 27/12/2018 at 21:09, Alex_BCFC said:

Personally never rated him as a player but for me has no bearing on him as a manager. I think he did very well to get us out of the mess Cotteril left us in during his first season. Since then he has had a lot of ups and downs that generally mean we are around mid-table 

Ok we had a caretaker that immediately ditched Cotterills ethos and we were winning games - Frankie was injured - LJ joined us and continued the changes Pembo had introduced! Then LJ started tinkering first big change was starting an unfit and unreliable Frankie! Then the first dip began!

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

He can't back-up what he's saying because he's lying......and not for the first time.

It makes him feel relevant though....spouts shite and waits for replies to prove he still exists...then responds with pathetic emojis and zero debate....and this damned Merlot makes me fall for it time and again!

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Well there's a surprise.

I've only made one post here today.....and here it is.

I'll say it again. You are talking bollox.

IMG_9827.PNG

Red Lion lad

You are feeding the pointless troll 

IGNORE

(Save any debate for those who can post something semi intelligent  :thumbsup:

(Which May Or May not include myself)

11 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

Totally agree with the op.

Football forums are poison,full of nasty bitter people.

Thats why only a tiny weenie percentage of any clubs fan base ever post on them.

Nah, we are all football manager wannabes without the ability, qualifications, but we do know best ?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I went along to watch the same boring stuff game after game under Senior - why? because I’m CTID.

‘Senior’ is such an annoying way to refer to GJ and the way you describe his reign is downright disrespectful - he took us to within a hair’s breadth of the premier league...you obviously don’t like him because he completely showed you up face to face and humiliated you...same old shite from the troll...and as I posted earlier, you aren’t CTID - you went to watch the gas at Wembley....no true City fan would go to Wembley to watch the gas...

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nah, we are all football manager wannabes without the ability, qualifications, but we do know best ?

Yeah, all those Norwich fans laughing their heads off about £1 million for Watkins and Derby fans assessment of Weimann all total, utter nutters ? Our scouts/management know best. 

Archived