IGNORED

Stoke City v Bristol City Match Day 26

Septic Peg

From the official site.

'And Mäenpää was quick off his line when Allen’s eye-of-the-needle disguised pass almost picked our Bojan, but the City keeper was quicker to the loose ball than the former Barcelona forward.'

Obviously, I wasn't there and know nothing of the match apart from BBC Radio Bristol and the SKY highlights, but did 'our Bojan, the former Manchester United midfielder' actually play?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It gets even better:

'I hope when we get a new manager his first signing is Kelly, very impressive.'

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284851/bristol-city-talentless-shithouse-footballers#ixzz5bOWzAF4a'

"Very impressive" full stop? or "Very impressive" for a "talentless shithouse footballer"?

I can just see the conversation now....

Agent to LK: "As you know Llyod we have some interest from Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal, we should consider our options carefu ..... hold the phone!!!!  I have just heard Stoke are Interested!!!!! You should definitely go there over all the other options"

clueless arrogant halfwits! 

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From the official site.

'And Mäenpää was quick off his line when Allen’s eye-of-the-needle disguised pass almost picked our Bojan, but the City keeper was quicker to the loose ball than the former Barcelona forward.'

Obviously, I wasn't there and know nothing of the match apart from BBC Radio Bristol and the SKY highlights, but did 'our Bojan, the former Manchester United midfielder' actually play?

Not that I can see.

And not on the bench either as far as I am aware.

Some random bloke called Etebo is the closest....

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It gets even better:

'I hope when we get a new manager his first signing is Kelly, very impressive.'

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284851/bristol-city-talentless-shithouse-footballers#ixzz5bOWzAF4a'

A more entitled bunch of spoiled bas^^^^s I have yet to come across, hopefully a few seasons in the championship will bring them back down to earth, (curtesy of curiosity killed the cat) after what happened earlier in the season when thanks to Butland and divine intervention they beat us. today was particularly satisfying.  

22 minutes ago, pillred said:

A more entitled bunch of spoiled bas^^^^s I have yet to come across, hopefully a few seasons in the championship will bring them back down to earth, (curtesy of curiosity killed the cat) after what happened earlier in the season when thanks to Butland and divine intervention they beat us. today was particularly satisfying.  

A couple of seasons in this division will see their support dwindle to their historic average of around 14k (before they got all billy big bollox).

31 minutes ago, pillred said:

I can only assume you have not met many Leeds, Villa or Nottingham Forest fans....?.

20 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

It's not unusaul though for the premier league team to contribute to the wages.

Point I was making though is we'll not get the top players as we don't pay the wages. Hence we've got Weinman and Villa have Tammy.

Not so much as don't rather can't.

Under FFP the whole of a player's remuneration is considered by the holding club ( remember a 'loan' is actually a temporary transfer,) irrespective of who foots the bill.

In that case as we're on the brink in that respect we can't attract decent talent until we trim the squad or increase income.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Not so much as don't rather can't.

Under FFP the whole of a player's remuneration is considered by the holding club ( remember a 'loan' is actually a temporary transfer,) irrespective of who foots the bill.

In that case as we're on the brink in that respect we can't attract decent talent until we trim the squad or increase income.

Indeed- but if we have had a good season financially this year- broke even let's say- then it gives us scope to go again a bit in 2019/20 or especially if we play it a bit safe next season too, 2020/21 with the 3 year rule thing.

Howeves yes, we are constrained- can't rather than don't as you say.

OH dear; the Stoke fans having watched us win 2-0 up there last week have made the journey to Shrewsbury for the FA cup today.

Conceded a goal in the fourth minute of fist half injury time and they ain't happy. ?

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284902/shrewsbury-town-stoke-match-thread?page=9

Wonder if a manager has ever been sacked at half-time?

41 minutes ago, 22A said:

OH dear; the Stoke fans having watched us win 2-0 up there last week have made the journey to Shrewsbury for the FA cup today.

Conceded a goal in the fourth minute of fist half injury time and they ain't happy. ?

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/284902/shrewsbury-town-stoke-match-thread?page=9

Wonder if a manager has ever been sacked at half-time?

Noose tightening - 15 minutes to save his job, but even scraping a draw might not be enough.

P.S. After last week, surely they should be beating these?  :)

Archived