IGNORED

Humble pie for new year

keynshamred

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Of course we are all passionate about our club...we wouldn't be on here otherwise.

However...the match day experience is far more bland and neutral than it's ever been. It's all very 'comfortable'. Hardly any different to walking into Cabot on a busy day.

Have a chat, have a drink and some food in a comfortable environment, all the time being aware that you being watched and under surveillance. Adhering to the restrictions in place.

Ball ache to get to, nightmare parking...poor public transport.

Before you even get to the match you are pissed off. Team puts in a dour and un entertaining performance...the missus has pissed you off, work was a nightmare, kids playing up, pie at ground was either stone cold or baked to within an inch of it's life. Can't hear the sound system, Downsey is pissing you off...

It all adds up...people come home, have a few cans of Cider (whisky in my case) and let off steam.

It's understandable tbh...but not always right in the clear light of day.

I Think you are talking about life. I do love the word dour (and also the late great John Laurie) but I think he was a Rovers fan because he always said we are doomed doomed.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on.....fed up of the ‘young, inexperienced, still developing’ rhetoric about our squad..

Maybe today's starting 11 wasn't but the squad in general that's played the last 8 games is still very young! What does that matter anyway? Its hardly a reason to slag of Johnsons management is it!! 

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Maybe today's starting 11 wasn't but the squad in general that's played the last 8 games is still very young! What does that matter anyway? Its hardly a reason to slag of Johnsons management is it!! 

I wasn’t aware I was ‘slagging off Johnson’s management’ when I was merely agreeing with a post that said our squad isn’t young.....this one’s for you....

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Not asking people to follow like sheep. Asking people to not use every chance they get to slag off our manager. 

8 unbeaten and near the play offs and you STILL end your post on a negative point! 

Great result it sounds like today, but don't you agree our performances at home are worrying? That not necessarily negative but a analysis that has some weight?

1 hour ago, allyolly said:

I don’t see how you can realistically put forward a well balanced argument when you haven’t been to a game. It’s a bit like saying you’ve been to a gig but listened to a download. 

So I can’t comment on any game I’ve not been to? Ridiculous. You’re familiar with the fact that the tv shows the same game as can be seen in the stadium?

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So I can’t comment on any game I’ve not been to? Ridiculous. You’re familiar with the fact that the tv shows the same game as can be seen in the stadium?

I really hate to argue with the police as they always see themselves better than us(as a lot of teams are) but we all seem to watch a different game depending on where we are sat.

If I have annoyed you enough to make an early call could you please make it after eleven 

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you want me to do the research to back up your spurious claim?! That ain’t gonna happen.....

Not the same poster who with his little mate were , frothing out their nostrils , demanding ....Demanding ...demanding EVIDENCE of a post on a recent  thread 

?

..... surely not

becoming a habit of his

?

4 hours ago, keynshamred said:

I think there is every reason for posts like this, cause when we were on a bad run the negative supporters or the ones that don't like johnson as a person, would be so quick to post the negatives.

It's nice to be doing well and just pointing it out that he is actually doing a good job and a very hard leagie I may add!! We just need to get a few more good results at home and we can really challenge the top 6.That win against Rotherham could have been vital for confidence!! 

That said though, the doubters are right to have their doubts.

First half of last season we were fantastic, it all went wrong from the wolves game. I think that span that involved losing from a good position against Wolves, hammered by Villa, 3-0 against Watford in the cup (admittedly a reserve game pretty much) and 2 fiercely competitive games against Man City destroyed us. Especially the manner in which we lost them, little mistakes - fielding and pack against wolves, switching off for ageuros last minute header, Magnússon’s mistake at home to man city. That all came to a head in the utterly embarrassing collapse at home to Sunderland.

LJ never really managed to right all of that. We limped through to the end of the season with a shocking run of form.

This year we’ve been inconsistent again, with a good run/bad run/good run pattern but we’re not playing anywhere near like we did last year.

There’s no denying we’re on a great run at the moment and I’m sure everyone is happy, but we aren’t playing teams off the park and we’re riding our luck. It kinda reminds me of the GJ play off final season at the moment, not really great to watch but fairly solid and getting the rub of the green. Unfortunately history tells us with LJ that a bad run could be just around the corner and I’m not quite sure if we’re unbeaten because of him or in spite of him

The pompous crap posted on here day in, day out needs a bit of perspective. 

Of the many City fans I know at work, matches/ socially etc.

When OTIB is mentioned there’s a deep sigh and eyes are generally rolled. 

The same 15 or 20 nuggets who post here on every topic, every day, no matter whether we win, lose or draw.

The desperate need for controversy, cringeworthy puns or Gas bashing; seeking some kind of validation for likes, or reacting badly to an aubergine emoji.

congratulations! Your “hard work” is now a regular topic of ridicule amongst the non-forum/ social media hungry section of the fan base. (99.5%)

And long may it continue ?

5 minutes ago, Oops said:

The pompous crap posted on here day in, day out needs a bit of perspective. 

Of the many City fans I know at work, matches/ socially etc.

When OTIB is mentioned there’s a deep sigh and eyes are generally rolled. 

The same 15 or 20 nuggets who post here on every topic, every day, no matter whether we win, lose or draw.

The desperate need for controversy, cringeworthy puns or Gas bashing; seeking some kind of validation for likes, or reacting badly to an aubergine emoji.

congratulations! Your “hard work” is now a regular topic of ridicule amongst the non-forum/ social media hungry section of the fan base. (99.5%)

And long may it continue ?

Aww, go on.. who are they?

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Can I repeat my plea that we have a sub-forum for this kind of pointless and rather childish tit for tat from those who take a fixed position on either side?

Football, like life, is not black and white. Personally I'd rather read an intelligent post from someone I disagree with than a silly one from someone I agree with. 

Better still, balanced posts free of nonsense about haters and happy clappers.

My wife has asked if you are prepared to pull the splinters from my arse?

5 hours ago, keynshamred said:

I think a few of the Johnson haters need to start eating a bit of humble pie tonight!! 8 games ago this forum was adimant he had to go. Well done Lansdown for sticking by your man, when it could have been easy to get rid. Just shows what patience can do for a club. I know it must continue but signs are getting better now. 

That is 8 good results in a row now. What a great run of form we are on and I think Johnson deserves alot of credit. I said a while ago when we were on our bad run that we were missing a few injured players and some coming back to fitness. O'dowda has made a massive difference since being back, someone who can commit players and relieve pressure and give the opposition something to worry about. Nice to see Bailey back today and he did very well, there are others who have come back to fitness and form! 

Our away form and defensive performances have been some of the best I've known in many years supporting this club, especially in this league. Defensively is definitely down to good coaching and organisation from the coaching side. I can't remember the last season we won so many away games and yet again comes down to setting up the team right, with good tactics and the right characters in the team. Well done Johnson! You carry on doing a great job for our great club. Long may it continue!! You reds!! 

It’s an incredible coincidence that Players start performing as the opening of the transfer window gets close....

I’m sure that the opposite won’t happen once the window is closed 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you want me to do the research to back up your spurious claim?! That ain’t gonna happen.....

And you want me to look back through months of forum threads to back up something that most on here knows was said? 

Ain't going to happen either.. 

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not the same poster who with his little mate were , frothing out their nostrils , demanding ....Demanding ...demanding EVIDENCE of a post on a recent  thread 

?

..... surely not

becoming a habit of his

?

At least if I looked I could find evidence, you're still yet to back yours up, instead getting defensive and nasty whenever it's brought up... 

Just now, JBFC II said:

And you want me to look back through months of forum threads to back up something that most on here knows was said? 

Ain't going to happen either.. 

Eh?! I merely asked you who actually said they’d prefer “anyone but LJ” and now you’re complaining that I have the temerity to suggest you actually find some evidence to back up your rubbish....so you obviously made it up....fair enough...and as @BobBobSuperBob mentioned....you are quite vocal on here asking for ‘evidence’ - yet you don’t like it directed back at you? Funny that....

47 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

?

..... surely not

becoming a habit of his

?

Can you not post on this topic with your usual negative, boring and spite ridden rubbish. As soon as you seem to comment on a subject it changes to the so called super Bobs continuous bull. Leave it to other negative subjects in which you excel. 

3 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Can you not post on this topic with your usual negative, boring and spite ridden rubbish. As soon as you seem to comment on a subject it changes to the so called super Bobs continuous bull. Leave it to other negative subjects in which you excel. 

Blimey. Who made you the forum police all of a sudden?! 

7 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

If I was LJ I’d seriously think about taking a restraining order out for you

Like a teenagers crush

:laughcont:

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh?! I merely asked you who actually said they’d prefer “anyone but LJ” and now you’re complaining that I have the temerity to suggest you actually find some evidence to back up your rubbish....so you obviously made it up....fair enough...and as @BobBobSuperBob mentioned....you are quite vocal on here asking for ‘evidence’ - yet you don’t like it directed back at you? Funny that....

Not complaining in the slightest, just not really bothered in scrolling through pages of threads for your benefit.

If @BobBobSuperBobcould provide some evidence to back up his claim however, that would be well appreciated... 

2 minutes ago, keynshamred said:

Cause this bloke is a serial moaner and he does my nut right in!! Always looking for reaction and full of bull. 

Yeah, but are you claiming that you are always RIGHT about everything?

BobBob has his opinions and is totally entitled to them.

Archived