IGNORED

Bristol City v Crystal Palace - Friendly Matchday Thread

Septic Peg

For all that we are 2-0 down we've played nice football going forward. Eliasson has been pretty well neutralised but it's taken a top player in van Aanholt and their left winger to do that. Against lesser opposition Eliasson will do much better.

We've passed sharply in the final third I think and on a couple of occasions the Palace defence have looked almost as poor as ours. 

Dasilva, Pack, Szmodics and Weimann have all played well so far. Diedhiou has been very involved but hasn't quite managed to work a clear cut chance for himself.

Ok to summarise and yes, I know it’s pre-season, but.....

back four, sort your shit out, been woeful

webster, £30 million ?

midfield.....or should we rename them misplace

forwards......we need 1 if not 2 quality additions (been saying this for 3/4 years).....regardless of the potential of semenyo, Janneh, if we don’t bring new forwards in we are going nowhere 

Just now, RedRaw said:

Ok to summarise and yes, I know it’s pre-season, but.....

back four, sort your shit out, been woeful

webster, £30 million ?

midfield.....or should we rename them misplace

forwards......we need 1 if not 2 quality additions (been saying this for 3/4 years).....regardless of the potential of semenyo, Janneh, if we don’t bring new forwards in we are going nowhere 

Apart from, it's all good then? :) 

A problem I have had for a long time is that gap between our defence and midfield. Without Korey we are weak there. Palace keep running with the ball at our back 4.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Now 0-2 down to Yeovil..

Club strategy working - we want to get all teams at every level, playing the same way. :shocking:

I think that 45 would be quite familiar to many people who watched us last season. Perhaps that's no surprise given that 9/10 of the outfield players are the same.

Decent possession and we looked good going forward at times. However you can see that we still lack the consistent threat of a sharp cutting edge in the box. Too often the sharp passing ends with a weak dinked cross to the back post or a scrappy shot from 25yds. 

As I said earlier Eliasson has been very well neutralised by an excellent van Aanholt.

At the back we've been caught out on the counter. Again a story we all recognise from last season.

Generally it looks to me as though we've got better at what we were already good at - short passing, making good runs, and controlling possession, but we've not made huge strides towards ironing out those kinks in our game that undermine those great positives.

Hopefully the 2nd half sees us change this.

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

i just wish we would sign a top striker and a quality midfielder who can sit just in front of the back 4. pack is not good enough. sorry. 

If we keep conceding a couple of goals in the first 20 minutes, we will need to sign Harry Kane and Ronaldo.

Just now, Hampshire reds said:

i just wish we would sign a top striker and a quality midfielder who can sit just in front of the back 4. pack is not good enough. sorry. 

Pack always takes the flack but it won’t go down well with many but take a closer look at Josh Brownhill

Full Of enthusiasm and running but a headless chicken at times and so often out of position and unable to help in transition 

Just now, Badger08 said:

Positive final 15 minutes. Sammie as a touch of quality about him. I get the feeling Elliason is going to have a good season too. 

Unfortunately, that will mean squat if we let in more than we score every game.........we are really missing a midfield general who would take the pressure of the defence. 

Oh and a nippy little striker.

I can only think that Lee is working on both of these requirements.

Same as last season a lot of huffing and puffing around the box but no finished product i hope were not going to regret spending £8m on Kallas when that money could have been used to bring in a quality striker which we've needed for two seasons now

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think that 45 would be quite familiar to many people who watched us last season. Perhaps that's no surprise given that 9/10 of the outfield players are the same.

Decent possession and we looked good going forward at times. However you can see that we still lack the consistent threat of a sharp cutting edge in the box. Too often the sharp passing lead to with a dinked cross to the back post or a scrappy shot from 25yds. 

As I said earlier Eliasson has been very well neutralised by an excellent van Aanholt.

At the back we've been caught out on the counter. Again a story we all recognise from last season.

Generally it looks to me as though we've got better at what we were already good at - short passing, making good runs, and controlling possession, but we've not made huge strides towards ironing out those kinks in our game that undermine those great positives.

Hopefully the 2nd half sees us change this.

We've hardly strengthened so not much surprise things haven't changed. Sammie sounds promising.

Fingers crossed for a couple of decent additions this week.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Pack always takes the flack but it won’t go down well with many but take a closer look at Josh Brownhill

Full Of enthusiasm and running but a headless chicken at times and so often out of position and unable to help in transition 

I think he is bang average and have suggested so on twitter and got much stick.

Needs to buck up his ideas and work smarter, not harder

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

You could have Pirlo in front of the back 4, but unless you have movement in front of you or someone creating an angle ( why do players stand behind opposition players? ), then you ain’t going to be able to pass forward! Might need my tin hat, but it’s his midfield partner that needs to get more involved for me. I look at us & as strange as it sounds, I sometimes think we are over coached & rigid. COYR

Archived