IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

In thinking it could actually possibly be a flat back 4 with Pereira at LB and Wright at RB?

I don't think it will be what you say, but yeah said on another thread that this is a possibility considering Pereira has played a lot at left back at his previous clubs.

Like the look of that team personally. 

O'dowda is a better player than Rowe and will offer us more down the left. 

Palmer is a better player than fam and will offer more up top. 

Nagy and Smith are as good a def mid partnership you will find in the league allowing Brownhills to play to his strengths which is being a box to box lampard type midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I know many on here really don't like Cod, but in that position he should have space to attack. It should suit his game going forward.

Can he defend at wing back? Well he's played there quite a number of times now and always looked comfortable to me. Even looked comfortable at left back against Boro. 

16 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A lot have been asking if he could do a job there so I guess if he can do it v Matt Phillips we`ll know the answer!

Just wonder if West Brom away is the right game to try this. Would have been nice to see if it worked against a lower team at home where we needed that outlet. Hope it does!

3-5-1-1?

O'Dowda at LWB is brave! Korey is back too...should give us energy yet I wonder if one more game might not have been better given his recurring injuries?

Like the look of that side though- possibly concerned about O'Dowda out left though- brave game to try it in! OTOH his energy out there, could open up counterattacking opportunities.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3-5-1-1?

O'Dowda at LWB is brave! Korey is back too...should give us energy yet I wonder if one more game might not have been better given his recurring injuries?

Like the look of that side though!

Just having Smithy back will be a mental boost for the team. He will be absolutely gagging to get stuck in, he would have thought of nothing but this moment for months 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think it will be what you say, but yeah said on another thread that this is a possibility considering Pereira has played a lot at left back at his previous clubs.

Cod at LWB baffles me so the 4atb would make more sense but I guess if we do start with 5 atb then we have the option of switching to what I suggested during the game.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Cod at LWB baffles me so the 4atb would make more sense but I guess if we do start with 5 atb then we have the option of switching to what I suggested during the game.

It doesn't baffle me at all. I don't see why he can't play well there. He's played there before and always looked good in that position.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

We finally get to see if Weimann can do the lone role. If he can play well up there on his own against a team like WBA then definitely stick with that up till January.

Depends I think.

If it's a case of us lumping up then perhaps not! If it's a case of us using that extra man in midfield and perhaps a more attacking left side with O'Dowda, a more conservative right side with Periera and of course letting Palmer go a bit freer in support, it could be quite good- especially given the fact we're away, we can mix passing and quick breaks.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3-5-1-1?

Like the look of that side though- possibly concerned about O'Dowda out left though- brave game to try it in!

I know what you're saying especially after the last comeback, but it was a completely different injury than before and I assume he's now 100% injury free (as much as a footballer can be!) and fully confident of making it through most of the game. I anticipate him coming off before the end due to lack of match fitness, maybe for HNM.

About time for O'Dowda to have a stormer isn't it?

5 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

3 games in 8 days suggests Rowe can’t play them all. Playing COD tonight makes perfect sense if we wanna play on the counter.

Eliasson not a wing back and weaker in defence than COD.

Fam doesn’t fit the system we wanna play tonight. 

Dont agree, Odowda week in defence, its a myth that Eliasson is a bad defender, he never plays. When his contract is out he move on. Bentley and Odowda is the first names when LJ picks the team.It remains me when Ryan Kent was here, he was useless ut had a place in the starting eleven. We have even Hunt, Pereira can play on the left. But as LJ see it COD is a better player than Hunt, Rowe, Eliasson. Ive got faith in LJ but the COD story he got wrong. Useless is maybe to hard word but COD dont give the team mutch to be happy over. Anyway still believe in City, COYR!!!

Archived