IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

What annoys me is that even with first choice centre backs out he’d rather stick to a rigid back 5 and play a weaker team than adapt the system to the players available. 

Football’s a simple game, play a formation that best suits the players you have at your disposal. 

But no, we’ll play a 4th(?) choice centre back and a winger at left back because he refuses to change anything. 

This .. How the likes of Rowe are being dropped for Wright blows my mind

What annoys me is that even with first choice centre backs out he’d rather stick to a rigid back 5 and play a weaker team than adapt the system to the players available. 

Football’s a simple game, play a formation that best suits the players you have at your disposal. 

But no, we’ll play a 4th(?) choice centre back and a winger at left back because he refuses to change anything. 

Because you're clued into the tactical plans for this game?

Couldn't agree with you more 

As for O'dowda....over 100 games and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what he brings to the team 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

You can see exactly what WBA are doing - letting us have ball and doing nothing with it. Then hit ball over the top which is causing us problems. 

It’s what we do even at home. Plenty of the ball but largely in our own half and simply don’t have the quality where it counts. 

Just now, hodge said:

Because you're clued into the tactical plans for this game?

What about Saturday at home? Moore and Kalas both out - ideal time to revert to a back four but no, put in Bailey Wright so we can stick to having 5 defenders on and all our creative players on the bench. 

I’m not anti 532 per se but when you don’t have the personnel to execute it it’s time to revisit. 

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Wright is done at this level now. All he can do is chew on the turf and foul opposing players. 

Did you watch last game? He was outstanding. And winning battles so far tonight on that side. I'm not saying he's the classiest of players, but to say he isn't championship level. Really?

Just now, JonDolman said:

Did you watch last game? He was outstanding. And winning battles so far tonight on that side. I'm not saying he's the classiest of players, but to say he isn't championship level. Really?

I’ve just never liked him as a player. Just my view. Think he’s severely limited and massively susceptible to pace. He’s not got the intelligence of a Williams to make up for that either.  

Archived