IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City Match Day 18

Septic Peg

Just now, Spud55 said:

I assume that is sarcasm? As he's barely completed a pass all game. Really don't rate him that highly, he will play 1 excuisite ball every few games and the rest aren't all that great. 

Been the best player so far, only person who can put a foot on the ball and play with it. The team around him have been shocking forcing him to drop deeper back.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

One minute LJ is a tinkerman who never stops making changes.

Next minute he's too stubborn to ever change anything.

OTIB in a nutshell

Re personnel I don’t think that can be disputed. How often do we name an unchanged side? I’m not against that per se but I think it’s a fair criticism that he worries too much about the opponent and we might be better served setting up to exploit our threats rather than just mitigate that of the opponent. 

3 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

I assume that is sarcasm? As he's barely completed a pass all game. Really don't rate him that highly, he will play 1 excuisite ball every few games and the rest aren't all that great. 

Really? I thought he'd retained possession quite well. Kept it quite simple (although as I type this he'd fired one of his desperation balls straight to WBA)! ?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Re personnel I don’t think that can be disputed. How often do we name an unchanged side? I’m not against that per se but I think it’s a fair criticism that he worries too much about the opponent and we might be better served setting up to exploit our threats rather than just mitigate that of the opponent. 

LJ changing formations also isn't a new thing, this season going with a different formation than last for a start.

Or the 4-2-2-2 against WBA last season, the 4-6-0 against Fulham.

But you go ahead, have your cake and eat it.

Archived