IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

Hopefully a big boost to their confidence, grabbing a 2-2 draw. Villa will wonder how they have not won the game, being so dominant for most of the 2nd half. Having Aspin back in the defence 2nd half made a big positive difference for us. 

Recent signing Evans gave us nothing, just like last week. Harrison who came on for her continues to struggle, twice caught in possession nearly leading to Villa goals.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 2

Somehow got a draw out of that! This team are really fighting for everything, got to admire their spirit. If only we had someone like Jordan Nobbs in midfield we'd save an awful lot of energy.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the game. Hopefully the ladies can take some confidence from this point. It was great to see the effort to come back twice from going behind.

I think we showed Villa a little too much respect with the really poor first 15 from us not helping with that. Villa didn't cope well when we ran at them but we didn't get the quality of ball forward often enough to cause them real trouble. The best aspect of our play was causing Villa to lose the ball in midfield where we pressed them well at times. We picked up a number of loose balls and mixed it up well.

The "Rachel Daly's in a strop" chant got a laugh even from the Villa fans.

A final minute of putting ourselves under needless pressure in our own box led to a heart in mouth moment and I'll have to watch the game back tonight on TV but it did look like the ball struck one of our players on the arm / hand. The Ref seemed to be a homer with a couple of decisions going against us or missed for us.

Overall though, it was a good point. Only time will tell if that's something we can build back on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly seems to be that way 

Even if West Ham, Brighton and Everton lose all of their remaining games, City women would need to get 2 wins from somewhere.

Without knowing their remaining fixtures I can’t see that happening 

Edited by RedLionLad

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Even if West Ham, Brighton and Everton lose all of their remaining games, City women would need to get 2 wins from somewhere.

Take a bow Steve Lansdown. Making Bristol proud….

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Remaining fixtures:

Leicester (A) (losing 2-0 to Man City at the moment) - Sunday 18th Feb

Brighton (H) (currently managerless & 11th after losing 2-0 to Man Utd today) - Sunday 3rd March

Man Utd (A) - Sunday 17th Mar

Spurs (H) - Sunday 24th Mar

Arsenal (A) - Sunday 31st Mar

Liverpool (H) - Sat 20th Apr

Man City (H) - Sun 28th Apr

Chelsea (A) - Sun 5th May

Everton (H) - Sat 18th May

My best bet is that we'd have to points from the Leicester & Brighton games, at least

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Remaining fixtures:

Leicester (A) (losing 2-0 to Man City at the moment) - Sunday 18th Feb

Brighton (H) (currently managerless & 11th after losing 2-0 to Man Utd today) (H) - Sunday 3rd March

Man Utd (A) - Sunday 17th Mar

Spurs (H) - Sunday 24th Mar

Arsenal (A) - Sunday 31st Mar

Liverpool (H) - Sat 20th Apr

Man City (H) - Sun 28th Apr

Chelsea (A) - Sun 5th May

Everton (H) - Sat 18th May

My best bet is that we'd have to points from the Leicester & Brighton games, at least

Yep both those games plus nothing to fear from Everton & Liverpool based on the away games. Hopefully we can beat, or not lose, to Leicester & Brighton and hope it's not all over come the Everton match.

Can you work out why our away results are so much better than home?

43 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Take a bow Steve Lansdown. Making Bristol proud….

Must be very disheartening to be involved in a team where you pretty much know you’re going to lose most fixtures because you can’t compete. 
     Has  anyone ever put it to the owner why he doesn’t seem bothered about having successful teams playing in the shiny infrastructure.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Must be very disheartening to be involved in a team where you pretty much know you’re going to lose most fixtures because you can’t compete. 
     Has  anyone ever put it to the owner why he doesn’t seem bothered about having successful teams playing in the shiny infrastructure.

It seems a strange way to operate. The women are pulling in some decent crowds which must generate some decent revenue,

Relegation will massively impact that revenue 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

I think the ones that have received their P45s the next day. Remember it’s his clubs and his money! Don’t understand why anyone like him gets involved in sport if they don’t want the glory? SL could find enough cash down the side of his sofa to help keep the girls up. Truly baffling and very sad for all those involved with City ladies who thought the recent promotion was the start of bigger things. I can’t understand it with the high profile of women’s football now but then I can understand when I remember who’s running the show. It will be a happy day for me when the Lansdowns move on. 

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

How very sad.

Hope I’m not being disrespectful, but I hope the person who passed away, got to see Carrie Jones’s goal. (Mods - delete if so)

RIP fellow red.

They were taken ill after the game 

• Thanks 1