IGNORED

City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's a big shout. Someone who's, as yet, proven nothing at championship level, will be better than a proven player who regularly gets goals and assist at this level,  having also played in the Premier league. 

Walsh was terrific in that position for Coventry last season, Weimann has been average for us in midfield and is usually a striker so I wouldn't say its much of a shout. 

Just now, Selred said:

Walsh was terrific in that position for Coventry last season, Weimann has been average for us in midfield and is usually a striker so I wouldn't say its much of a shout. 

You know that Coventry were playing against teams like Rovers, yeah..? 

Teams that aren't good enough to be in the championship.... 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

You know that Coventry were playing against teams like Rovers, yeah..? 

Teams that aren't good enough to be in the championship.... 

As we know from last weekend Coventry are a good team and Walsh was their POTY I believe. 

The same league which was above Plymouth where Bakinson was playing and he's not done too badly. 

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Weimann plays at the top of midfield, whilst I see Williams being more the base of the middle. Walsh I feel would be better at the tip. 

Yeah don't agree. Weimann is kinda in between Bakinson and Paterson. The energy he has means he shows up as being forward but he's often the ball carrier from midfield too. If he's playing at the top he wouldn't be in that position so often.

Just now, Selred said:

As we know from last weekend Coventry are a good team and Walsh was their POTY I believe. 

The same league which was above Plymouth where Bakinson was playing and he's not done too badly. 

Yes. But Walsh is still unproven at this level. Hopefully he does prove good enough, but he hasn't as yet. 

1 minute ago, Prinny said:

Yeah don't agree. Weimann is kinda in between Bakinson and Paterson. The energy he has means he shows up as being forward but he's often the ball carrier from midfield too. If he's playing at the top he wouldn't be in that position so often.

Slightly over-simplifying but I see our strategy for midfield in terms of having a sitter, a creator and a runner. I think Weimann is the runner, which is the same role as Nagy would occupy. Palmer is competing with Paterson to be the creator whilst Bakinson, Massengo and Brunt are competing to be the sitter.

I think Walsh would be competing with Paterson and Palmer to be the creator. I've not seen enough of Williams or Morrell to work out if they'd be sitters or runners...

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Slightly over-simplifying but I see our strategy for midfield in terms of having a sitter, a creator and a runner. I think Weimann is the runner, which is the same role as Nagy would occupy. Palmer is competing with Paterson to be the creator whilst Bakinson, Massengo and Brunt are competing to be the sitter.

I think Walsh would be competing with Paterson and Palmer to be the creator. I've not seen enough of Williams or Morrell to work out if they'd be sitters or runners...

Yeah I'm going with the terms Continuity, Transitional and Creative I used "runner" before but thought about it more!

But I see it the exact same way. Maybe I've seen Williams a bit more (6-8 games or something) to be pretty confident on him.

45 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Strange usnt it

22 players in the pitch and you can put your house on certain (obsessed)  posters making a negative one  about AW

Yet James Collins watching for Sky raving about him 

And @JoeAman08 'Weimann just isn’t very good at football    - Surprised how he played Prem and International football then really ....eh

Weird comment.

I don’t rate him. I mean, he’s better than me, but poor in the grand scheme of things. It’s my opinion. I don’t rate him. Is that okay boss?

Fancy posting an opinion on a forum...strange, ISN’T it?

Archived