IGNORED

City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Davefevs

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Slightly over-simplifying but I see our strategy for midfield in terms of having a sitter, a creator and a runner. I think Weimann is the runner, which is the same role as Nagy would occupy. Palmer is competing with Paterson to be the creator whilst Bakinson, Massengo and Brunt are competing to be the sitter.

I think Walsh would be competing with Paterson and Palmer to be the creator. I've not seen enough of Williams or Morrell to work out if they'd be sitters or runners...

See no reason why they can’t interchange and rotate formation when playing as they don’t necessarily need to play a rigid formation. Pretty sure Walsh & Williams are as good off both feet 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I’m palmers biggest fan, but is he really a player to bring on when you’re trying to hold onto a lead? Not that I think Pato is good for that either. 

Usually I'd say "no" but Stoke seem quite cautious and I reckon giving them something to worry about going forward might be a good strategy to relieve defensive pressure. I wouldn't mind seeing any or all of Palmer, Semenyo or Eliasson get the last 15 mins instead of Paterson, Wells or Rowe...

2 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

I had multiple windows flash up continuously. Managed to shut everything down eventually. I now expect to see credit card transactions in Moscow within the hour.....

Only Moscow, I think it's more likely to Beijing!

Archived