IGNORED

City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Davefevs

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. You'd have to suggest Nagy injured 

Han Noah not even near the starting eleven... £7m well spent LJ

Let's give DH some credit so far. Andreas in midfield doesn't feel right to me, but we've got to bow to their knowledge. It's easy to moan on a forum

Martin and wells, happy with that !

1 minute ago, Matthew me said:

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. You'd have to suggest Nagy injured 

Han Noah not even near the starting eleven... £7m well spent LJ

Let's give DH some credit so far. Andreas in midfield doesn't feel right to me, but we've got to bow to their knowledge. It's easy to moan on a forum

Martin and wells, happy with that !

He didn’t cost £7m

Far from what would be our first pick back line. As for Weimann, no issue with his contribution. Just feel him, Paterson +2 up front is one to many and I would rather lose one and have another CMer. Lots of ways of perming it up front and still looking for our best partnership, but feels a little unbalanced. Very happy to be proven wrong.

2 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He's still cost an arm and leg and not even close to being a regular in the championship. 19 or not, waste of money

Walsh, morrell, Nagy , Palmer, bakinson, all ahead of him

We'll get our money back on Massengo when we sell as an absolute minimum, probably make a handsome profit, lots more to come from him

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

None of: Williams, Nagy, Morrell, Walsh and Massengo in the squad (for various reasons), surely we have far too many midfielders?

Loads of midfielders but it's not clear who our best ones are, or even a single "nailed on" starter, apart from Williams perhaps but he hasn't played a game for us yet.

Some are saying it's great strength in depth but it's almost a problem if you ask me. I'd rather have less of higher quality, and a couple youngsters keeping them honest.

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Loads of midfielders but it's not clear who our best ones are, or even a single "nailed on" starter, apart from Williams perhaps but he hasn't played a game for us yet.

Some are saying it's great strength in depth but it's almost a problem if you ask me. I'd rather have less of higher quality, and a couple youngsters keeping them honest.

You put some great clips, but some odd comments.

1 minute ago, Blackbird1 said:

Depth?

I agree that's a good thing. But there's a balance there right?

Depth for me would be a couple of nailed on starters of high quality, and 2-3 more who can rotate depending on the opposition / injuries / fixture congestion - just as a quick example.

Having what, 12 players (Nagy, Walsh, Paterson, Morrell, Williams, Brunt, Bakinson, Morton, Massengo, Palmer, Weimann... and arguably also O'Dowda) looking at 3 spots goes far beyond depth for me! Especially when so many are pretty untested at this level.

19 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He didn’t cost £7m

Almost every source says we paid £7.2m for him, if we didn't pay that for him how much did we pay and do you have a source? I'm not arguing, I'm just genuinely interested in how much we paid for him.

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I get your point but it is clear.

Like it or not Holden picks Paterson & Weimann there at every available opportunity, & in the case of the former it is very hard to argue with that.

When Williams is fit it is highly likely that will be the 3, though where that leaves the likes of Nagy, Morrell, HNM & Walsh (because we obviously don’t need all 4 of them) time will tell.

Archived