IGNORED

City v Stoke City - Match day 2

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Almost every source says we paid £7.2m for him, if we didn't pay that for him how much did we pay and do you have a source? I'm not arguing, I'm just genuinely interested in how much we paid for him.

No it doesn't. If it does then it's talking about the whole potential package. 

Upfront fee was quite openly reported as being nearer 2.5million.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I get your point but it is clear.

Like it or not Holden picks Paterson & Weimann there at every available opportunity, & in the case of the former it is very hard to argue with that.

When Williams is fit it is highly likely that will be the 3, though where that leaves the likes of Nagy, Morrell, HNM & Walsh (because we obviously don’t need all 4 of them) time will tell.

Yeah fair point. But your final sentence is what I'm talking about really - that goes well beyond having good depth for me.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

No it doesn't. If it does then it's talking about the whole potential package. 

Upfront fee was quite openly reported as being nearer 2.5million.

Well the sources I've been reading say "a £7.2m fee", as I said, I'm not arguing so you don't need to tell me I'm wrong about the sources I'm reading as I know what they say, whether they're correct or incorrect is another matter but I simply asked because I'm yet to find anything that confirms it wasn't a straight fee hence asking for some sources that suggest otherwise.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s what it will total in the end with all the add ons. Up front fee was less than £3m.  

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Well the sources I've been reading say "a £7.2m fee", as I said, I'm not arguing so you don't need to tell me I'm wrong about the sources I'm reading as I know what they say, whether they're correct or incorrect is another matter but I simply asked because I'm yet to find anything that confirms it wasn't a straight fee hence asking for some sources that suggest otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He's still cost an arm and leg and not even close to being a regular in the championship. 19 or not, waste of money

Walsh, morrell, Nagy , Palmer, bakinson, all ahead of him

Do you mean the players who are 3-5 years older than him? Morrell was in non league at the same age. 

Just over a year ago many had written walsh off.

Its only a waste when he doesnt realise the potential and leaves for less than we paid (from memory c£3m)

21 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

He's still cost an arm and leg and not even close to being a regular in the championship. 19 or not, waste of money

Walsh, morrell, Nagy , Palmer, bakinson, all ahead of him

A bit too early to say any on that list are all ahead of Massengo. None of them have made it here - yet - and, unless I’m mistaken, all are older than Massengo. 

Just now, eardun said:

A bit too early to say any on that list are all ahead of Massengo. None of them have made it here - yet - and, unless I’m mistaken, all are older than Massengo. 

19 and playing in the champions League and now can't make the bench against stoke

Something hasn't gone to plan. You don't buy that sort of player to be sat in a tracksuit watching the match 

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t you think Stoke fans might think the sane with Mikel Obi being the only defensively minded CM alongside Clucas and Powell (who is not much of a grafter at all)?

Quite possibly. But this Bakinson’s second league appearance? As good as he’s been, he’s very much still learning. I’d like to see someone like Nagy alongside him who just ticks along and isn’t afraid of the dirty work. Can’t help but feel Weimann will try and do too much of what Pato is there to do, which will leave us exposed. 

I’m all up for a midfield battle of two unbalanced sides, feels like we’ll have a stronger chance at 3 points. 

Your earlier stats back up that we’re ok with Weimann, and I do really like his workrate. We just have an absolute wealth of midfield options and I just don’t think he offers us the strongest option of what we have available. Happy to be proven wrong

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Almost every source says we paid £7.2m for him, if we didn't pay that for him how much did we pay and do you have a source? I'm not arguing, I'm just genuinely interested in how much we paid for him.

No they don't. That was the headline figure. Actual sources say 2.5-3

Archived