IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

I did wonder when this would be revisited.

And he ‘Never’ did score 10 goals in a season so I guess as painful as it is I was ‘right’…..

I did say I would change the post  once he gets 10 goals in a season.

I am sad to see him go.

We will miss him? Yes He is the only player who takes us up the pitch a bit like Albert used to do. 

Runs at players and creates space and opportunities. Had power and pace.

We def need a player who can do that. Harry Cornick is a good player and happy to see him join but he is not that player and we do need one.

£10m is great business for the club. 

Will he be a success in the Premier league and score goals don’t think so - I am sure I will get reminded of that but still it’s about opinions.

Good player for us ? No….            a great player for us on his day and as I think has been said not many players get you of your feet.

He’s a player who can do it at the highest level ? Not for me as a striker. 

As wide in a front three (read my first post) yes maybe but premier is a massive step up.

Was he better than I first saw? - Yes massively improved

Has he scored more goals than I thought he would - Yes

Did he get 10 - No

Would he have done it this season - Maybe yes and I think I might have had to change the post like I said I would.

Seymenyo ‘maybe’ he is a Striker they score goals.

Genuinely gutted he’s left but it’s good for him and the club.

I will be watching him and hoping he proves me wrong (maybe we got a add on for more that 10 goals a season)

Fair enough mate. Anyone who claims they haven't made a rash decision (or forum topic) about a player are lying. Glad you've given your updated reflections which I would say are a fair evaluation of Antoine. I do think that he'll become an established top flight footballer although perhaps not at the first time of asking given Bournemouth are looking pretty certain for relegation.

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Better Red said:

I did wonder when this would be revisited.

And he ‘Never’ did score 10 goals in a season so I guess as painful as it is I was ‘right’…..

I did say I would change the post  once he gets 10 goals in a season.

I am sad to see him go.

We will miss him? Yes He is the only player who takes us up the pitch a bit like Albert used to do. 

Runs at players and creates space and opportunities. Had power and pace.

We def need a player who can do that. Harry Cornick is a good player and happy to see him join but he is not that player and we do need one.

£10m is great business for the club. 

Will he be a success in the Premier league and score goals don’t think so - I am sure I will get reminded of that but still it’s about opinions.

Good player for us ? No….            a great player for us on his day and as I think has been said not many players get you of your feet.

He’s a player who can do it at the highest level ? Not for me as a striker. 

As wide in a front three (read my first post) yes maybe but premier is a massive step up.

Was he better than I first saw? - Yes massively improved

Has he scored more goals than I thought he would - Yes

Did he get 10 - No

Would he have done it this season - Maybe yes and I think I might have had to change the post like I said I would.

Seymenyo ‘maybe’ he is a Striker they score goals.

Genuinely gutted he’s left but it’s good for him and the club.

I will be watching him and hoping he proves me wrong (maybe we got a add on for more that 10 goals a season)

I offered you a bet on this and you ignored it. Literally 10 goals and you bottled.

Still an attention seeking ****.

10 million we got for him. As a striker. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RedHienz said:

I offered you a bet on this and you ignored it. Literally 10 goals and you bottled.

Still an attention seeking ****.

10 million we got for him. As a striker. 

You were lucky I did not take the bet.

For the record ‘6’ league goals this season…  

They do say a fool and his money are easily parted….

Thanks for the feedback as always.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Seasons only half way mind?

28 games played 

But take the point.

6 in 28 = 10 just about for the season.

Granted not been fit but he is never fit for a season always misses chunks of games.

9m for a 10 a  season goal Striker looks a bit to much 

9m for a 10 a season Winger looks a much better and he does get assists.

I hope Conway is that 15/20 a season ‘Striker’ we need.

12 minutes ago, Better Red said:

28 games played 

But take the point.

6 in 28 = 10 just about for the season.

Granted not been fit but he is never fit for a season always misses chunks of games.

9m for a 10 a  season goal Striker looks a bit to much 

9m for a 10 a season Winger looks a much better and he does get assists.

I hope Conway is that 15/20 a season ‘Striker’ we need.

Probably better to just crawl away and keep quiet at this point. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Probably better to just crawl away and keep quiet at this point. 

Why ?

6 goals so far does not say prolific to me.

Its just my opinion.

Its not my fault thats what the stats say that’s down to Antoine and his ability to find the back of the net.

Great winger (or wide forward) if you prefer.

Main Striker through the middle - No. Why? Simply he’s finishing is not good enough. Why? He ain’t a natural finisher.

Watch Wells, Conway, Bell and Martin they all that ability not to panic and pick there finish.

In (my opinion) Antoine has not got that.

That’s why I would play him wide and he is very good there.

Opinions  - that just mine.

Will he score regularly in the Premiership? I say no he is not at the level in front of goal.

Only he can prove if that is right or wrong by scoring goals.

Not me, not you it’s down to Antoine.

26 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Why ?

You seem far too eager to be correct, than to back the lad. You have expressed your opinion over and over. We get it. Most disagree however.

Looking forward to him getting 10 goals followed by more flapping from your good self.

6 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

We will miss a dimension in our play. Think Semenyo is a very Good player, he can make things alone. Sure we will miss him, but think we will do ok.

His power and directness when he managed to control the ball we will miss without doubt but the reason goal scorers are snapped for alot more money is purely because of the goals,semenyo is much of a likeness for most premiership teams but without the end product hence 9 million is a good deal for us

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

His power and directness when he managed to control the ball we will miss without doubt but the reason goal scorers are snapped for alot more money is purely because of the goals,semenyo is much of a likeness for most premiership teams but without the end product hence 9 million is a good deal for us

Yes, think he Will have the endproduct soon. Its all about training and confidence.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Why ?

Its just my opinion.

Its not my fault thats what the stats say that’s down to Antoine and his ability to find the back of the net.

Great winger (or wide forward) if you prefer.

Main Striker through the middle - No. Why? Simply he’s finishing is not good enough. Why? He ain’t a natural finisher.

Watch Wells, Conway, Bell and Martin they all that ability not to panic and pick there finish.

In (my opinion) Antoine has not got that.

That’s why I would play him wide and he is very good there.

Opinions  - that just mine.

Will he score regularly in the Premiership? I say no he is not at the level in front of goal.

Only he can prove if that is right or wrong by scoring goals.

Not me, not you it’s down to Antoine.

He's only played a full 90 minutes 6 times this season in the league and he was coming back from injury at the start of the season. He had just had his longest run of consecutive 90 mins (4 games) and had scored 3 times.

Had he stayed, he'd have breezed to 10. Probably finished somewhere on 12/15 assuming he stays fit. 

It's really not that hard to just admit you went OTT and were wrong. I thought Vyner would never be good enough for us and wanted him sold, now he looks very solid. I was wrong about that. It's just a football forum, doesn't matter that much.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's only played a full 90 minutes 6 times this season in the league and he was coming back from injury at the start of the season. He had just had his longest run of consecutive 90 mins (4 games) and had scored 3 times.

Had he stayed, he'd have breezed to 10. Probably finished somewhere on 12/15 assuming he stays fit. 

It's really not that hard to just admit you went OTT and were wrong. I thought Vyner would never be good enough for us and wanted him sold, now he looks very solid. I was wrong about that. It's just a football forum, doesn't matter that much.

Still the facts say 6 goals and it’s almost Feb.

Again not my fault they are the stats.

A ‘Striker’ will judged on his goals and he only has 6.

Again not saying he ain’t good.

He is someone who will only make it playing wide in a front three said that from day one.

Why wide? Because he ain’t a Striker he is not good enough in front of goal and is not natural finisher. 

Let’s see how many he scores for Bournemouth. 

Next season he will be back in the championship so he will get another crack at 10 or more in this division. I make that will be his third attempt.

6 so far let’s see if he gets to 10 

If/when he does have said will change the post title.

Goals this season against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Burnley (home & away) & a double tonight against Luton.

One thing that’s for certain is he won’t be “back in the Championship” next season.

I actually think we miss him more than Scott, best of luck to the lad.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Goals this season against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, Burnley (home & away) & a double tonight against Luton.

One thing that’s for certain is he won’t be “back in the Championship” next season.

I actually think we miss him more than Scott, best of luck to the lad.

100%.

He properly scared defenders. Especially when he had Martin backing into one CB and Weimann running off the pair of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

100%.

He properly scared defenders. Especially when he had Martin backing into one CB and Weimann running off the pair of them. 

What do you not want to play against as a defender?

A bloke who is quick or a bloke who is strong.

Bad luck- Antoine is both, plus he shoots equally well with either foot, so no good trying to show him on to a weaker side.

Nightmare to play against, as he’ll do you for strength or pace.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 4