IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

He spent all of last season playing as a striker, which led to clubs bidding around £10m for him in summer?

He only played part of last season as he was as injured at the start, but when he came back he had his purple patch. That, strangely enough is the problem. Prior to this he was in headless chicken mode and this season he’s somewhere in between. A club who makes a bid for him will be on the basis of potential but, as time goes by this season, his value is probably currently going down 

2 hours ago, Better Red said:

But did they…

In our position £10m and he would have been gone.

Hard to know for certain mate, but it was reported that we rejected bids in that region. See below, for example ⬇️ That's just the first article that comes up after searching "Semenyo Bid" on google.

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/exclusive-bristol-city-reject-ps9m-offer-for-coveted-striker-antoine-semenyo-3729992

Think the club were fairly clear in saying they wanted between £15m - £20m for him in the summer.

15 hours ago, Better Red said:

Great contribution 

Ridiculous - Playing Seymenyo wider will make us better is so far wide of the mark - You really think so? 

Maybe you just don’t get what a debate is about and I guess football from your comments.

Have an opinion that’s all I am saying - not right, not wrong but certainly not ridiculous.

But thanks for the feedback

A debate involves contrasting views being discussed, to which you just keep peddling out the same tosh, telling everyone you are right and then moving the goal posts when challenged. How you are still trying to prove a mute point is frankly hilarious. 

It wasn't feedback, it is an opinion as is this and the below. Happy to help in trying to support any other knowledge gaps you may have.

Given your panache for the resurrection of old threads to A) feed your ego and B) fulfil your need to troll indicates you are not here to debate but rather be a fairly insubstantial sad little ****.

AS played upfront will score goals. As proven through the statistics of playing him upfront and him scoring and assisting goals. 

As wind up merchants go you are poor. 

Edited by RedHienz

14 hours ago, Better Red said:

We could even play 442 play him wide on either side.

Sykes could give him some completion.

We could play an actual Right and Left back.

It would would create a lot competition for places maybe 2 players for every position.

Jesus wept.

And you commented I know nothing about football before delivering this tactical masterpiece.

Clueless.

5 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

A debate involves contrasting views being discussed, to which you just keep peddling out the same tosh, telling everyone you are right and then moving the goal posts when challenged. How you are still trying to prove a mute point is frankly hilarious. 

It wasn't feedback, it is an opinion as is this and the below. Happy to help in trying to support any other knowledge gaps you may have.

Given you panache for the resurrection of old threads to A) feed your ego and B) fulfil your need to troll indicates you are not here to debate but rather be a fairly insubstantial sad little ****.

AS played upfront will score goals. As proven through the statistics of playing him upfront and him scoring and assisting goals. 

As wind up merchants go you are poor. 

That is slightly better.

Try to just reflect and comment on the subject rather than Kai throwing out insults.

But still it’s an improvement 

if you look at your comments are still only 20% ‘opinion’ so a long way to do.

Again thanks for feedback and the improved contribution and comment.

As for scoring goals it’s zero in eight…. 

6 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Jesus wept.

And you commented I know nothing about football before delivering this tactical masterpiece.

Clueless.

Best 11 players for me in 1 team

Also means competition  for places much stronger pretty much all over the pitch.

Full backs - JD Tanner Wilson

CBack - Klose 

Midfield - James, Massengo, Sykes

Upfront - Conway and Martin

Also plenty of movement for changes within the team Lots of interchange into positions they know.

Bentley

Pring    Atkinson Kalas     Vyner

Naismith  Williams          Scott.                          Seymenyo

Weiman      Wells

Clueless - Thanks 

What about what you ‘think’ why not add some thoughts rather than clueless.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Better Red said:

We could even play 442 play him wide on either side.

Sykes could give him some completion.

We could play an actual Right and Left back.

It would would create a lot competition for places maybe 2 players for every position.

4-4-2, easy as that. Why hasn’t Nige thought of it ?‍♂️

4-4-2 may just get us played through or bypassed in CM, although as a counterattack minded shape it could have some merit. Maybe the personnel would be of use to make it less of a traditional 4-4-2 and these risks could be reduced.

Overall though, not for me. Plus Tanner is a full back, whereas Wilson is a wing back and these while being similar in some ways, also have quite different tactical requirements.

4 hours ago, Better Red said:

Bentley

Pring    Atkinson Kalas     Vyner

Naismith  Williams          Scott.                          Seymenyo

Weiman      Wells

Clueless - Thanks 

So you want to play Pring at right back, Vyner at left back, no right winger and "Seymenyo" (whoever that is) somewhere around Row M?

I would have to agree with the clueless bit.

4 hours ago, Better Red said:

That is slightly better.

Try to just reflect and comment on the subject rather than Kai throwing out insults.

You are still struggling with what an opinion is.

Flattered you are so interested in my posts and opinions. There isn't a quota on posts Vs opinions - poor effort.

I guess from the grammar mistakes you are rattled, try to relax and just inhale the gas you so enjoy. 

Let's be clear - when AS was played as a striker last year before injury, meeting your objective of scoring goals ( coincidentally when you retreated to your hole ) he was a striker. However he didn't score enough goals for your liking when you tried to change the goalposts to coincide with your view that he  wasn't a striker, to which you dragged up this thread to try to prove a point and again garner attention.

Now you are saying zero in 8, it's pure tosh given him being eased in but fits your agenda. You are both needy and ridiculous - my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

So you want to play Pring at right back, Vyner at left back, no right winger and "Seymenyo" (whoever that is) somewhere around Row M?

I think the poster is laying out the side left to right as opposed to the usual traditional format of RB CB CB LB as laid out.

Scott right, Semenyo left I'd say.

Irrespective of the layout I don't see that side being a success!

51 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

You are still struggling with what an opinion is.

Flattered you are so interested in my posts and opinions. There isn't a quota on posts Vs opinions - poor effort.

I guess from the grammar mistakes you are rattled, try to relax and just inhale the gas you so enjoy. 

Let's be clear - when AS was played as a striker last year before injury, meeting your objective of scoring goals ( coincidentally when you retreated to your hole ) he was a striker. However he didn't score enough goals for your liking when you tried to change the goalposts to coincide with your view that he  wasn't a striker, to which you dragged up this thread to try to prove a point and again garner attention.

Now you are saying zero in 8, it's pure tosh given him being eased in but fits your agenda. You are both needy and ridiculous - my opinion. 

Again better.

’But’ if he was scoring goals the thread and your opinions would not be being raised.

I am only quoting the ‘facts’ 

I love you say they suit me agenda. That’s kind of it works…

Goal post never changed - Just read the title of the thread.

Again better but still some work to do.

55 minutes ago, grifty said:

Pring should be left back and Vyner on the right.

Seymenyo on the left in front of Pring.

Again - Clueless thank.

But really if the above is clueless then really I do wonder who is clueless.

55 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think the poster is laying out the side left to right as opposed to the usual traditional format of RB CB CB LB as laid out.

Scott right, Semenyo left I'd say.

Irrespective of the layout I don't see that side being a success!

I was trying to do exactly that.

Trying to get the ‘best 11’ on the pitch we have in positions they should be comfortable in. 

Also if don’t play well someone to come in and do a job pretty much in same position.

352 does not work for us. We don’t have 2 wingbacks and we look light in midfield most games.

Seymenyo and Scott have the energy to get forward and can also track back.

It looked a fair team to me.

it does show where we are light when you look at replacements

Centre back and Centre are both areas where 1 or 2 injuries and we are big trouble.

16 minutes ago, Better Red said:

I was trying to do exactly that.

Trying to get the ‘best 11’ on the pitch we have in positions they should be comfortable in. 

Also if don’t play well someone to come in and do a job pretty much in same position.

352 does not work for us. We don’t have 2 wingbacks and we look light in midfield most games.

Seymenyo and Scott have the energy to get forward and can also track back.

It looked a fair team to me.

it does show where we are light when you look at replacements

Centre back and Centre are both areas where 1 or 2 injuries and we are big trouble.

Tanner RB over Vyner? Scott wide right feels like a waste too- although I suppose an advantage is that Weimann wideish right of a front 3, Semenyo wideish left of a front 3 and Wells central.

Do we drop Naismith even though he gave us some thrust from the back 3. Pring perhaps deserves his chance.

Scott can tuck into a 3 out if possession I suppose, but if not we are numerically disadvantaged and outmanouvered in central areas.

It has some potential, I just see flaws that opposition can exploit and it's not quite for me.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tanner RB over Vyner? Scott wide right feels like a waste too- although I suppose an advantage is that Weimann wideish right of a front 3, Semenyo wideish left of a front 3 and Wells central.

Do we drop Naismith even though he gave us some thrust from the back 3. Pring perhaps deserves his chance.

Scott can tuck into a 3 out if possession I suppose, but if not we are numerically disadvantaged and outmanouvered in central areas.

It has some potential, I just see flaws that opposition can exploit and it's not quite for me.

Far enough and yes agree you would look to turn the ball over when we attack likely with 1 or 2 a little to far forward.

Put Vyner in as I think he deserves the shirt at the moment but not against Tanner coming in.

Scott would be involved to move in and act as a floating 10 as long as he tucks  back in when we don’t have the ball. He works hard so don’t see that being a problem.

Both Scott and Seymenyo can break the lines something no of midfielders ever do. We far to static in the middle.

6 hours ago, Better Red said:

That is slightly better.

Who died and made you King of OTIB?

It’s a forum.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Again better.

’But’ if he was scoring goals the thread and your opinions would not be being raised.

I am only quoting the ‘facts’ 

I love you say they suit me agenda. That’s kind of it works…

Goal post never changed - Just read the title of the thread.

Again better but still some work to do.

Aww, you are trying really hard aren't you!

When you say something it doesn't make it fact, it's an opinion - whole point of this forum is to share opinions, of which in this case you are wrong.

Tell you what I bet you £100 that AS gets 10 goals this season and 5 assists. Winner takes all what do you say? 

This thread was made to deride a young player. When said player proved you wrong - facts being he was scoring - you shut up. Now the better red / Dog /Lez show is back because the timing suits you, makes you look like an arse.

Help me on this on, using your logic and posts in this ridiculous self opinionated attention seeking thread-  if I swapped AS with Ronaldo who has 1 goal this season by your reasoning Ronaldo is not not a striker because facts. Correct?

I'll not even mention you team selection or tactical masterpiece you shared earlier - hilarious as it was. 

On 23/10/2022 at 15:52, RedHienz said:

Aww, you are trying really hard aren't you!

When you say something it doesn't make it fact, it's an opinion - whole point of this forum is to share opinions, of which in this case you are wrong.

Tell you what I bet you £100 that AS gets 10 goals this season and 5 assists. Winner takes all what do you say? 

This thread was made to deride a young player. When said player proved you wrong - facts being he was scoring - you shut up. Now the better red / Dog /Lez show is back because the timing suits you, makes you look like an arse.

Help me on this on, using your logic and posts in this ridiculous self opinionated attention seeking thread-  if I swapped AS with Ronaldo who has 1 goal this season by your reasoning Ronaldo is not not a striker because facts. Correct?

I'll not even mention you team selection or tactical masterpiece you shared earlier - hilarious as it was. 

Only trying to forge a conversation (that’s the whole point of OTIB).

Not really proved wrong - read my original post. I have not changed my opinion.

Its still relevant as he ain’t scoring.

As I said if he gets 10 in a season I will change the thread.

Again thanks for feedback but it’s still a long way away from a contribution but keep going.

As for ridiculous - Thanks again for the feed back.

Playing 442 - Yeah it’s like so ridiculous where did I get that from.

Playing Bentley in goal, Naismith in midfield, Wells & Wienmann up front, Vyner RB, Seymenyo wide in midfield who can also join upfront, Pring at leftback, Kalas at CB….

Shall I go on - like you say ridiculous….

And and one more Seymenyo is better wise rather than a striker because I don’t think he will score 10 a season.

All way of the mark…

Ridiculous - me.

Just have a little think before you post.

PS

C7 look at his record - Striker Yes

Seymenyo look at his record - Striker No (not yet)

Hope that helps.

Again thanks for feedback.

Only trying to forge a conversation (that’s the whole point of OTIB).

Not really proved wrong - read my original post. I have not changed my opinion.

Its still relevant as he ain’t scoring.

As I said if he gets 10 in a season I will change the thread.

Again thanks for feedback but it’s still a long way away from a contribution but keep going.

As for ridiculous - Thanks again for the feed back.

Playing 442 - Yeah it’s like so ridiculous where did I get that from.

Playing Bentley in goal, Naismith in midfield, Wells & Wienmann up front, Vyner RB, Seymenyo wide in midfield who can also join upfront, Pring at leftback, Kalas at CB….

Shall I go on - like you say ridiculous….

And and one more Seymenyo is better wise rather than a striker because I don’t think he will score 10 a season.

All way of the mark…

Ridiculous - me.

Just have a little think before you post.

PS

C7 look at his record - Striker Yes

Seymenyo look at his record - Striker No (not yet)

Hope that helps.

Again thanks for feedback.

You didn't answer any of my questions so will leave it at this.

If you think that team in 442 is the ideal we will never be able to agree.

As for AS when he gets back on the goal trail I'm sure you will congratulate him.

I did wonder when this would be revisited.

And he ‘Never’ did score 10 goals in a season so I guess as painful as it is I was ‘right’…..

I did say I would change the post  once he gets 10 goals in a season.

I am sad to see him go.

We will miss him? Yes He is the only player who takes us up the pitch a bit like Albert used to do. 

Runs at players and creates space and opportunities. Had power and pace.

We def need a player who can do that. Harry Cornick is a good player and happy to see him join but he is not that player and we do need one.

£10m is great business for the club. 

Will he be a success in the Premier league and score goals don’t think so - I am sure I will get reminded of that but still it’s about opinions.

Good player for us ? No….            a great player for us on his day and as I think has been said not many players get you of your feet.

He’s a player who can do it at the highest level ? Not for me as a striker. 

As wide in a front three (read my first post) yes maybe but premier is a massive step up.

Was he better than I first saw? - Yes massively improved

Has he scored more goals than I thought he would - Yes

Did he get 10 - No

Would he have done it this season - Maybe yes and I think I might have had to change the post like I said I would.

Seymenyo ‘maybe’ he is a Striker they score goals.

Genuinely gutted he’s left but it’s good for him and the club.

I will be watching him and hoping he proves me wrong (maybe we got a add on for more that 10 goals a season)

• Like 9
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

I can remember posts a few years ago saying that Semenyo was chasing shadows etc and won’t make it at this level. Can’t believe we turned down 2m from Chelsea for him blah blah blah. 

He really has turned it round to the extend that some fans were disappointed with the fee we are getting. 
I think it’s a fair fee. His goals ratio is still poor, he is still raw but has bags of potential. He will be missed but we can survive without him. He has been in and out of the team this season. Before the turn of the year Conway and Wells was our preferred partnership. 

I did wonder when this would be revisited.

And he ‘Never’ did score 10 goals in a season so I guess as painful as it is I was ‘right’…..

I did say I would change the post  once he gets 10 goals in a season.

I am sad to see him go.

We will miss him? Yes He is the only player who takes us up the pitch a bit like Albert used to do. 

Runs at players and creates space and opportunities. Had power and pace.

We def need a player who can do that. Harry Cornick is a good player and happy to see him join but he is not that player and we do need one.

£10m is great business for the club. 

Will he be a success in the Premier league and score goals don’t think so - I am sure I will get reminded of that but still it’s about opinions.

Good player for us ? No….            a great player for us on his day and as I think has been said not many players get you of your feet.

He’s a player who can do it at the highest level ? Not for me as a striker. 

As wide in a front three (read my first post) yes maybe but premier is a massive step up.

Was he better than I first saw? - Yes massively improved

Has he scored more goals than I thought he would - Yes

Did he get 10 - No

Would he have done it this season - Maybe yes and I think I might have had to change the post like I said I would.

Seymenyo ‘maybe’ he is a Striker they score goals.

Genuinely gutted he’s left but it’s good for him and the club.

I will be watching him and hoping he proves me wrong (maybe we got a add on for more that 10 goals a season)

Worst back peddling since Richard O’Donnell got caught out watching fireworks. 

• Haha 11
  • Flames 2