IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Are you saying you agree with the OP that he's pants??

21 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

How big are your pants ffs?

(I really don’t want to know btw)

I'm saying my third nicest pair of pants are worth £15m plus performance based add-ons.

Clean sheets are the main metric.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Big ‘if’. 

I was thinking the same thing.

If they are only his 'third nicest pair', what must his first and second pair be worth? 

Perhaps @ExiledAjax might care to send a picture of said pants, preferably washed and hanging on the clothes horse, rather than being worn.

Frankly, I am not familiar with the price of high quality pants, mine tend to be a five pack from M&S ?.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was thinking the same thing.

If they are only his 'third nicest pair', what must his first and second pair be worth? 

Perhaps @ExiledAjax might care to send a picture of said pants, preferably washed and hanging on the clothes horse, rather than being worn.

Frankly, I am not familiar with the price of high quality pants, mine tend to be a five pack from M&S ?.

I’m amazed someone owns 3 pairs Phil

?

, but there’s you going for a bumper pack of five !l

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Only read this quickly. I think you’re  saying that @ExiledAjax is hung like a horse, right?

Apparently not.

http://www.maicar.com/GML/000Images/aim/ajax1-0220.jpg

Although....?

http://www.maicar.com/GML/000PhotoArchive/078/slides/7814.jpg

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

Took a lot of stick to this post 2 years ago and it is often brought up when he scores.

For me nothing changed play him wide in a front three and ‘we’ would be a better and ‘he’ would be better player.

Not posting to gloat as obviously he can score at this level ‘but’ we need some pace out wide and he’s everything we need and for me we would be a ‘better’ team and you can leave Wells to play through the middle (who will score 10 plus goals)

I said if he scores 10 league goals in a season I will change the title  - not ready to do that for the minute

But can’t we just move him wide and then we may have that £10m player no one’s paying that for a ‘Striker’ who get 10 a season.

Is he a good player - Yes

Is he a Striker - Still no from me

Is he a winger - Yes for me.

On 02/09/2022 at 07:56, ExiledAjax said:

1) is he a striker? I refer you to the opening post of this thread ?

2) personal opinion. He's not Watkins level. Nearer Eze. Still top drawer, but not the top of the top drawer. Lower-middle of the top drawer. Kinda where you keep your third nicest pair of pants. 

I didn’t know you were a chic! I don’t know a single bloke that grades his undies. But hey I might just be out of touch

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

You are honestly ridiculous. 

Ridiculous post. Ridiculous comments. 

Great contribution 

Ridiculous - Playing Seymenyo wider will make us better is so far wide of the mark - You really think so? 

Maybe you just don’t get what a debate is about and I guess football from your comments.

Have an opinion that’s all I am saying - not right, not wrong but certainly not ridiculous.

But thanks for the feedback

5 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Semenyo was invisible today. Has he got the World Cup on his mind? You know what happened last time he got a call up?? 

For me I would have got rid in the summer of we could have. 

Pearson has made comments about HNM not signing a contract and not deserving a place in the team over others that have committed their futures but for me Semenyo is in the same boat. 

6 months +12 months left on his contract, he's got no intention of signing a new deal. As his contract winds down then so does his value. We're his home town club that have invested a lot into him in terms of development and recovering from injuries and he's essentially costing us money so imo unless he's willing to sign a new deal then he is a bench warmer. 

For a while now I've got the feeling that Semenyo cares more about playing for Ghana than he does us.

27 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Not Striker.

For me he would be so much better wider and his pretty good now he help the team out.

I see your logic, I think he's good enough to play in either position. Last season he was unplayable at times, got plenty of goals and assists based on minutes played, but for whatever reason he looks low on confidence. I'm confidence he'll get his mojo back and will be banging goals in sooner or later.

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

What has been noticeable imo since he has been back in the side is our high pressing from the front has dipped considerably. Tommy made a big difference in that respect when he came on today.

Agree I have posted before that as good as he can be he is difficult to get into a set disciplined system he is an off the cuff type better suited to a 30 min tare up second half.

54 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

For me I would have got rid in the summer of we could have. 

Pearson has made comments about HNM not signing a contract and not deserving a place in the team over others that have committed their futures but for me Semenyo is in the same boat. 

6 months +12 months left on his contract, he's got no intention of signing a new deal. As his contract winds down then so does his value. We're his home town club that have invested a lot into him in terms of development and recovering from injuries and he's essentially costing us money so imo unless he's willing to sign a new deal then he is a bench warmer. 

For a while now I've got the feeling that Semenyo cares more about playing for Ghana than he does us.

I'm not sure whether this is fair to Antoine. The clubs not a charity, the only reason they invested time and money into him was because they wanted to reap the rewards. And there's nothing wrong with that, but there's also nothing wrong with Antoine doing what he feels is best for himself and his family. His contract and wages weren't handed to him, he earned it. I've not seen any evidence of him lacking desire or heart, have I missed something?

Edited by Champfan45
  • Like 1

Semenyo is class……however i think he is trying too hard, either to get his world cup place or a move (probably both to be fair). Not basing it on today, but particularly the last few games at home where he just seems to kick the ball as hard as he can hoping for a goal, without getting his head up.

Either way, he is far too good to leave out of the team, but hopefully he can start to be a bit more composed again soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Champfan45 said:

I'm not sure whether this is fair to Antoine. The clubs not a charity, the only reason they invested time and money into him was because they wanted to reap the rewards. And there's nothing wrong with that, but there's also nothing wrong with Antoine doing what he feels is best for himself and his family. His contract and wages weren't handed to him, he earned it. I've not seen any evidence of him lacking desire or heart, have I missed something?

He’s not scoring every game or ripping sides apart

Obviously a lack of desire 

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

He spent all of last season playing as a striker, which led to clubs bidding around £10m for him in summer?

He may have been player there but that don’t make who one.

JD is playing as a wingback…

And Sykes for that matter.

Also Scott played there.

David James once played upfront for Man City.

Swallow and Summers and all that..

3 minutes ago, Better Red said:

He may have been player there but that don’t make who one.

JD is playing as a wingback…

And Sykes for that matter.

Also Scott played there.

David James once played upfront for Man City.

Swallow and Summers and all that..

My point is that it directly disproves this statement ⬇️ Clubs were making £10m bids for Semenyo after he spent last season playing as a striker?

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

But can’t we just move him wide and then we may have that £10m player no one’s paying that for a ‘Striker’ who get 10 a season.