IGNORED

Semenyo is not a striker they score goals

On 29/08/2022 at 20:39, Davefevs said:

Sorry, what do you mean by that?  Are you meaning “goals to game” or something like that?

He is a Drogba type player, he won't get you 20 goals a season but his pace and power will get 10 - 15 but create about another 20 pulling players out of position

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He is a Drogba type player, he won't get you 20 goals a season but his pace and power will get 10 - 15 but create about another 20 pulling players out of position

Bit harsh on Drogba's goal record, he got 29 in 32 games one season in the prem!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Bit harsh on Drogba's goal record, he got 29 in 32 games one season in the prem!

I do see Antoine a bit like Drogba (not aerially though).  A scorer of good goals, a bloody handful, etc.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I do see Antoine a bit like Drogba (not aerially though).  A scorer of good goals, a bloody handful, etc.

Reminds me of Akinbiyi in some respects.

Semenyo has more to his all round game, but the pace and strength are similar.

• Like 2

Is the point being made that a natural 9 would be something like a Lineker, Fowler type player... more a poacher and alert in the box player. 

Antoine"s strengths seem to be running at or behind players. I think for me that he can do both. He has shown more recently that his finishing is pretty clinical, especially with the power with which he can strike the ball. That said, I think him picking up the ball deep and running at players or using his power/strength/pace to get onto through balls is exceptional.

Its good because he isn't necessarily pigeon holed to one particular role but can effectively adapt to different phases of the game. 

On 07/02/2021 at 16:39, Ivorguy said:

Think it is impossible to pass judgement given the poor quality coaching and tactics

Would be interesting to see what a new manager would achieve with these players 

Some posts age better than others. This is a good one. NP appointed 22/2/21.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

It’s scary how good he is

When he came on he was pretty rusty, miscontrolled the ball twice but after that they were absolutely petrified of him, he has it all, quick, strong, strikes the ball hard with both feet.

If you give him space he runs at you, if you mark him tight, he’ll leave you for dead with his pace & he’s too strong if you try the physical game

Just a top player, who will score a load this season if he stays.

• Admin
2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

When he came on he was pretty rusty, miscontrolled the ball twice but after that they were absolutely petrified of him, he has it all, quick, strong, strikes the ball hard with both feet.

If you give him space he runs at you, if you mark him tight, he’ll leave you for dead with his pace & he’s too strong if you try the physical game

Just a top player, who will score a load this season if he stays.

I said in the Summer, if he stays, this will be his Ollie Watkins season. We either go up off the back of that or he joins a top half Prem team as a starter.

• Like 2