IGNORED

Team for - Derby (A) - Sat 30th Jan 15:00 - Matchday thread

What will the result be?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome?

• Derby County Win
    • Draw
    • Bristol City Win
    • We got to see Wayne Rooney so we all win!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/21 at 15:01

Just need to make a few comments to lower my blood pressure, thank you OTIB for being there not sure what I’d do otherwise after a performance like that...

We were awful

Derby were slightly better

Two tame shots on target 

Not a single corner

Never looked like scoring

Sadly a pretty typical Cit6 performance

off to walk the dog which might calm me down a bit 

3 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Could Brentford midweek be Holden’s Tinnion moment at Swansea

Perhaps, except no way would he resign. He has been given a job no other Championship club, and quite possibly no EFL club, would have given him.

He knows he has a free pass from Ashton so why would he?

Well. That was dreadful . I’ve stuck up  for Holden so far and am getting bored of saying it, but match up in midfield . Three league games  on the trot playing 442 we’ve been out numbered and overran . If the point of his tactics is to stay in games until we get players back then at least go 352 or 451. Even COD  on commentary said they’re running off the back of us because they’ve got 3 to our two. It’s like having Johnson back in charge . If he goes with 2 against Brentford they’ll score another 7 . We’ve had some bad performances this season. That was by far the worst . I’m getting drunk now , **** this ???

9 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

When was the last time we controlled a game in the midfield 

Playing 2 genuine of that position in CM you don't tend to at this level- not the sole reason but it doesn't help.

Oddly enough, our form and displays early season even in midfield, were not bad- averaged a shade over 50% possession which helps.

@The Wild Bunch You might want to look around. Swansea (who are 2nd) had 8 in 3 games...and scored 6 goals, gaining 7 points! Think Sheffield Wednesday won 1-0 today with 2 shots on target, maybe teams are shooting less a bit.

We clearly need more though.

Agree fully with @steviestevieneville on the midfield bit- we do not control the midfield- and the shape absolutely is a factor here.

Poor scrappy game from both sides with the only goal coming from the only decent cross of the match. Much was made on commentary about the pitch (which we never adapted to) but while it was very poor by today's standards it was like a billiard table compared to what Derby used to play on at the Baseball Ground. There it was not a case of spot the ball but spot the grass. 

Just have to pick ourselves up and go again. 

It is pretty baffling that we're still in the top half despite looking so uninspired and dull for more than 2 years now.

Makes me wonder whether Johnson and Holden have actually done a good job in some ways to churn out occasional results and outperform expected goals etc.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

From absolute heaven yesterday evening (Bristol Bears) to a deeper depression that any hurricane creates.

No season ticket next year because this is appalling tripe yet again. AFTER 70 YEARS I GIVE UP.

SLO - Pass that on to SL please. @JerrySLO

Have a feeling you won't be the only one, if I was SL I would be very worried.

8 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

You think now people may realise why it was a perfectly acceptable view to not be happy with the performance on Tuesday?

How many times do we need to see people saying that the only thing that matters is the score line after this team nick a spawny win?

I would be amazed if anyone was happy with the performance on Tues, unless you are only considering the first 25 mins.

Archived