IGNORED

Can someone clarify for me...

spudski

9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Oh come on Pete, stop the shite.

You normally come across as an intelligent and thoughtful poster but in recent weeks you have become immersed in conspiracy theories etc etc. If you have evidence then share it. Don't become a Boris Johnson clone.

Happily able to tell on DMs if you want to know desperately! Let’s just say there’s a reason there were so many ‘ITKs’ during Lee Johnson’s reign with Macca at the club

45 minutes ago, spudski said:

No harm I guess...but you've got to think to yourself, why would an assistant think they are good enough in their first job, to get promotion,  which was the remit. To improve upon what we already were.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was purely a stop gap appointment because of covid. Thrown to the lions in many ways.

Can imagine MA telling him to go for it, and dangling a carrot if he did well.

I said it at the time and I still believe it. He wasn’t intended to be appointed but he just interviewed well. His first interview and his sound of the city ? Radio show was brilliant and it was a “breath of fresh air” compared to LJs talk at the time.

he clearly knew our players, knew our problems and probably set out a clear plan to get it right. Covid, injuries and perhaps naivety on Deans part means it hasn’t played out that way.

First few games went alright

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We’re both regular posters. Over time it becomes clear who posts BS and who you take seriously. Pete clearly falls into the latter category. It’s such a specific rumour and obviously no way of corroborating it - but I think Pete is reliable so I believe him here.

That's fine but show some evidence to collaborate the issues.

31 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on,I’m no heart surgeon but if I was offered good money I would have a crack at it 

Just don’t book me in for my coronary artery surgery with you!

And even then you have the intensive care unit to pick up the pieces afterwards. No such option for a football manager. Everybody can quickly see if you aren’t up to it...

16 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Happily able to tell on DMs if you want to know desperately! Let’s just say there’s a reason there were so many ‘ITKs’ during Lee Johnson’s reign with Macca at the club

There are so many ITK's that any credibility starts to wane. Some even state to be "substantially ITK". It really does have the opposite effect on any credibility. It seems that many want us to think they know the in and outs of all when the actual fact is that they don't. Problem is they are more than likely way off beam with regards to the truth.

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ok - I want to know desperately and please DM me. I've called out so many posters over the years and have yet to get a single reply. 

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes I realise he applied for it...but was it after he'd been 'invited' so to speak. Or on a whim? 

Was there anything in...' if you apply there is a good chance of you getting it? '

Obviously that's pretty difficult to know for sure but it's my understanding he applied for it immediately. He was interviewed in the first round of interviews and the decision took 6 weeks to make, so I doubt he was given an indication he'd get the job before applying. 

59 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I'll never forget the comment made by Ashton, or it might have been Junior, just prior to DH being appointed. He said that "Dean has got a lot of support from those within the club" we assumed that meant the players, and that is never a good sign when the manager is best mates with the players.

Would expect that to have been Tinman. In that he knew more academy types would get a go under Holden.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Obviously that's pretty difficult to know for sure but it's my understanding he applied for it immediately. He was interviewed in the first round of interviews and the decision took 6 weeks to make, so I doubt he was given an indication he'd get the job before applying. 

But your previous post indicated that he 100% applied for it not that you understand he did. Now you are back tracking which indicates that you are not as ITK as you profess to be.  Do you know for sure? A simple yes or no will suffice.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

But your previous post indicated that he 100% applied for it not that you understand he did. Now you are back tracking which indicates that you are not as ITK as you profess to be.  Do you know for sure? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Bloody hell Tone. 

I am certain he applied for it.

It is my UNDERSTANDING he applied for it IMMEDIATELY. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

...did DH apply for the job, or was he cajoled into the job and suggested he applied by MA, and he went for it?

I was thinking this during the week. When we heard , he was thinking it over for the weekend . What were the conditions . On the face of it you’ve got a established championship club that needs a new manager . What is there to think about ?

MA says Dean always gets the final sign off on players etc . What if he doesn’t get to choose the pool of players to sign off on. Another one we’re the coaches. He said he knew “simmo” a bit but never knew Downing . This obviously means Ashton brought them in .

How can that possibly work 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair point.

My gut tells me he was a candidate that would have been strongly considered.

Purely for the fact, that imo, at the top, they are getting more insular and want everything done their way.

I get the impression MA is taking over...and JL just comes across as a wet weekend. 

SL has numerous interests...I can't help but think MA has taken advantage of a position he was given...he comes across as far more ruthless and a go getter. JL on the other hand just comes across as the lucky son who is only in a job because of his dad. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bloody hell Tone. 

I am certain he applied for it.

It is my UNDERSTANDING he applied for it IMMEDIATELY. 

So you really are unsure then based on previous posts. One says he did and one says you understand he did. This post just cements the fact that you really are unsure. Are you certain or do you understand ?

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was thinking this during the week. When we heard , he was thinking it over for the weekend . What were the conditions . On the face of it you’ve got a established championship club that needs a new manager . What is there to think about ?

MA says Dean always gets the final sign off on players etc . What if he doesn’t get to choose the pool of players to sign off on. Another one we’re the coaches. He said he knew “simmo” a bit but never knew Downing . This obviously means Ashton brought them in .

My thoughts too. A rush job.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because they’d been turned down by Hughton & or cook .

what Ashton said on twentymans show stuck with me.

not a lot of managers will work with our set up geoff (paraphrasing slightly ) 

It's something I've been saying for years. The pool of managers that would work under our remit, with the expectation of top 6 is minimal. Because as experienced managers they'd know it was nigh on impossible.

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Simpson was his manager at Shrewsbury.

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So you really are unsure then based on previous posts. One says he did and one says you understand he did. This post just cements the fact that you really are unsure. Are you certain or do you understand ?

My reading of Kid's reply is:

Did he apply? Yes.

Did he apply immediately (i.e. a question of timing)? I understand he did.

Both indicating he was not "invited" to apply at some later point in other words but did so of his own accord at the outset.

They don't seem to be contradictory.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

It's something I've been saying for years. The pool of managers that would work under our remit, with the expectation of top 6 is minimal. Because as experienced managers they'd know it was nigh on impossible.

This is why I’ve said for years , we’ll never get to the prem with him at the helm . He’s way to egotistical . He’s not a football man but thinks he is & surrounds himself with people that that strokes that ego. As @Davefevssaid about Ashton , they’re wannabe football men 

Archived