IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Can't see the EFL bending any rules, particularly as they are answerable to 71 other clubs and one of the board members is a QC. This all has to be strictly by the book or repercussions will go on for years.

2 hours ago, Midred said:

Haven't people been saying this for the last couple of seasons?

Amazing how much more amenable the authorities can be with the 'big' clubs? Efl with Derby and now the PL with Everton!

I hope Sir Geoff is right and of course the clubs will have their say. However I can see this running for years what ever happens. 

My personal thought is despite the nonsense that comes from Derbyshire The EFL have already gone above and beyond to assist a club that tried to break as many rules as possible which could have resulted in the EFL being broken. 

I guess by next Friday we will know something concrete. I won’t be holding my breath mind you!

• Like 1

No news on Derby as such but saw this on another forum and did a quick followup search...

From the same account, see...

Oh, how they all laughed...

Putting any gloating from our end to one side I still don't understand the fan reaction to this day- it was as if a collective mania had overcome many, in respect of this issue at least. Other clubs cheer somewhat when spending big and seemingly swerving FFP but nowhere else have I seen the number and style of it and for so long!

Ooh- another one!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I have been told today that there will be no money left on Monday 9 May at the latest, and there are no other sources.  So DCFC will complete the last game of the season, but without a new owner by Sunday 8 May the club will fold.

I was also told that there isn't an offer on the table that meets the amount needed to pay off the MSD loans (both in Administration and before), so there is no money for any other creditors as things stand.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hxj said:

I have been told today that there will be no money left on Monday 9 May at the latest, and there are no other sources.  So DCFC will complete the last game of the season, but without a new owner by Sunday 8 May the club will fold.

I was also told that there isn't an offer on the table that meets the amount needed to pay off the MSD loans (both in Administration and before), so there is no money for any other creditors as things stand.

Interesting. Were you told why Monday 9 May is the £0 day?

Nixon on Twitter was saying that none of the bids submitted last week were sufficient.

8 minutes ago, Hxj said:

WTAF!!!

So if no money on 9th May, even things like end of contract bonuses and month’s wages in July for those who are OOC can’t be paid.

Might we see some players refuse to play?

Really shitty.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting. Were you told why Monday 9 May is the £0 day?

Funding had to be agreed to complete the football season, that ends for Derby on Saturday 7 May.  The funding does exactly what it says on the tin.  There are no significant funds available after that date until the season starts again in August.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So if no money on 9th May, even things like end of contract bonuses and month’s wages in July for those who are OOC can’t be paid.

Or staff wages in May onwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Season ticket sales and EFL Central awards? Would these not constitute some level of off season income.

That's quite a potential bombshell. Wonder how MSD would act...they had cross security over everything IIRC.

Otoh wouldn't Derby be just allowed to restart in League Two if the worst happened?

Precedent is that they won’t be in the EFL…one of the northern leagues like Macclesfield I guess.  Who amongst the other 71 would vote to keep Derby? Any of them???

21 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Funding had to be agreed to complete the football season, that ends for Derby on Saturday 7 May.  The funding does exactly what it says on the tin.  There are no significant funds available after that date until the season starts again in August.

Or staff wages in May onwards.

shocking.

I suggest Morris and Quantuma get out of the country quickly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Season ticket sales and EFL Central awards?

Season ticket receipts whilst cash are actually for the next season.  Normally it would be cashflow, but Administrators are in a trickier position.  Central funds will only be released where it is clear that there is not a requirement to meet football creditors.

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Otoh wouldn't Derby be just allowed to restart in League Two if the worst happened?

My understanding is that 90% of EFL clubs would have to agree, I reckon that only 7 need to vote against, as Derby don't get a vote as they are not a member.  There is one guaranteed vote against, the club that would otherwise not be relegated.  Not sure I would bet on less than six clubs saying no.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hxj said:

Season ticket receipts whilst cash are actually for the next season.  Normally it would be cashflow, but Administrators are in a trickier position.  Central funds will only be released where it is clear that there is not a requirement to meet football creditors.

My understanding is that 90% of EFL clubs would have to agree, I reckon that only 7 need to vote against, as Derby don't get a vote as they are not a member.  There is one guaranteed vote against, the club that would otherwise not be relegated.  Not sure I would bet on less than six clubs saying no.

Thanks, that clears a couple of things up.

As a club and fanbase they've done precious little to cultivate goodwill among EFL clubs or the hierarchy- even while in administration!!

Which also feeds into Dave's point about who would vote for them. Without a doubt they have pissed anyone and everyone off in an EFL context with little contrition either.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Season ticket sales and EFL Central awards? Would these not constitute some level of off season income.

Are they likely to have issues selling season tickets? Swindon aren't able to sell season tickets by card as their facility has been withdrawn due to their rather rickety finances before their takeover (https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20023431.winding-petition-affects-swindon-town-fcs-ability-take-card-payments-season-tickets/).

Feels like no card company would want to be going near Derby season tickets whilst there remains any doubt about their future ownership and survival.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

Oh Dear Me!

You have made it on to the DCFC forum with this one. 

The usual shit, can't count and Popodopolus is a this and that.....And yet. At every stage this forum has predicted what was coming (probably why some check it out so often). For the benefit of some Derby fans checking this out, the reason is because not everyone is an idiot. This forum does have some well educated well positioned people a thing that I console myself with when the nutters are ranting. Unfortunately The DCFC forum does seem to have no lack of headers and a distinct lack of thought. I guess when you are this close to the precipice reason goes out of the window!  

• Like 2

Questions for the class.

Do we know how much the Administrators have taken out of the Club, while seemingly not doing much of a job ?

OOC players, actually , any players. If there is no guarantee of a Club & so job for next season , would non payment of wages be breech of contract ? Would this allow players to walk away with their registration? 
Last one.
When is the cut off for next season ? I imagine there is a date by which Clubs have to prove finances are in place for the coming season.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are they likely to have issues selling season tickets? Swindon aren't able to sell season tickets by card as their facility has been withdrawn due to their rather rickety finances before their takeover (https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20023431.winding-petition-affects-swindon-town-fcs-ability-take-card-payments-season-tickets/).

Feels like no card company would want to be going near Derby season tickets whilst there remains any doubt about their future ownership and survival.

Interestingly, last season Derby didn't put them on sale initially, not until 18th August 2021.

Within about a month they were in administration- a quick search suggested that the first game covered was Stoke at Home, September 18th 2021? Unsure what their ST, carry forward etc arrangements were during the Covid season.

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Do we know how much the Administrators have taken out of the Club

The original fee was £3 million I believe in Administrator’s fees and other professional charges.

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

would non payment of wages be breech of contract ? Would this allow players to walk away with their registration? 

Yes - once due notice is given - plus a suspended three point penalty for Derby and a further sanction.

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When is the cut off for next season ? I imagine there is a date by which Clubs have to prove finances are in place for the coming season.

Technically 31 March …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quick one to Woodley Ram over there too.

You mention us and FFP.

1) IF we breach, we risk a deduction and Embargo. To next season I anticipate the issue if it arises, if we breach we'll get the appropriate sanctions- no illusions here.

2) You reference issues in respect of wanting to include hypothetical transfer revenue. Won't fly, nor should it as I've stated ever since the idea first came out. Probably a player sale and wage restraint to keep us at or below £39m.

3) All clubs will benefit from Covid allowances, including Derby- that extra £2.5m loss is a further £2.5m headroom for the period to 2024.

The £5m x 2? Impossible to say while DCFC accounts not in the public domain, and FWIW Stephen Pearce said Covid losses were around £20m so to set an allowance of £10m for all clubs across 2019/20 and 2020/21...presumably Derby put that £20m into their FFP returns?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

You have made it on to the DCFC forum with this one. 

Didn’t take long - I wonder how many lurk?  It would help if they had actually read what I wrote!  Plus don’t tell them that I live closer to Pride Park than most Derby fans do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

Well Mike Ashley knows a distressed sale. Just keep hanging in there . The issues are the same as they were day 1 . The club is worthless without a ground and 30 m HMRC debt . It has no value . Morris needs to hand over the ground , settle the MSD debt himself  , then just maybe someone would cover the HMRC debts . The issues remains solely Morris . Maybe he no longer has the money , but he has to pay his debts if Derby are to survive . Talk of 50 m is hilarious . 

I said early on that someone will let the club fold before picking up the pieces at rock bottom and build them up again . 

of course there will also be a lot of brinkmanship going on by any potentially genuine new owner . They hold all the cards 

It’s been my view too.  It will take a club the size of Derby to go bust and out if the EFL to 1) make (some) clubs think twice in future and 2) give the EFL a bit more strength to play hard-ball.