IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

27 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

They still don't get it do they. It is not about FFP, if we fail, we pay the price. Like others. No one here under any illusions about that. 

The difference with Derby and. Morris is that he forgot to pay.  

If he had paid his bills and  Derby had not gone into Admin they would stay up this year. That is not  a punishment for overspending , but for not having the money he spent to back up his gamble. To the tune of £50m . Morris gambled the whole club and all of its history and it looks ever more like he will be the architect of its ultimate failure. There is only one place to look . 

Yep, it’s not a debt to Morris, like the debt City have to SL….he hasn’t effing paid the bills (to HMRC, Arsenal, St Johns Ambulance - FFS).  That was calculated.  The fact is he miscalculated, thinking someone would buy Derby.  Maybe they would’ve, but there was no ground, a 21 point deduction.  He’d have been better paying the bills, not going into Admin and selling at a cut price to get out.

He didn’t.

When the remaining Derby fans FINALLY realise what he’s done, boy is he gonna have to watch his back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Oh Dear Me!

You have made it on to the DCFC forum with this one. 

The usual shit, can't count and Popodopolus is a this and that.....And yet. At every stage this forum has predicted what was coming (probably why some check it out so often). For the benefit of some Derby fans checking this out, the reason is because not everyone is an idiot. This forum does have some well educated well positioned people a thing that I console myself with when the nutters are ranting. Unfortunately The DCFC forum does seem to have no lack of headers and a distinct lack of thought. I guess when you are this close to the precipice reason goes out of the window!  

Never really sure why it is deemed 'weird' to be interested in the case of a club that is in our division, is subject to the same rules as us, and which is currently going through the kind of financial uncertainty that I hope our club never goes through (again). If nothing else it is a case study in club mismanagement that every football fan should be interested in to some extent.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

They still don't get it do they. It is not about FFP, if we fail, we pay the price. Like others. No one here under any illusions about that. 

The difference with Derby and. Morris is that he forgot to pay.  

If he had paid his bills and  Derby had not gone into Admin they would stay up this year. That is not  a punishment for overspending , but for not having the money he spent to back up his gamble. To the tune of £50m . Morris gambled the whole club and all of its history and it looks ever more like he will be the architect of its ultimate failure. There is only one place to look . 

Indeed.

Mel pays his bills or at least agrees a feasible and mutually acceptable schedule to do so, no administration, no points deduction for that side and they might stay up. The FFP punishment still probably materialises, but the administration and the subsequent effects, well it's on him really.

Woodley Ram seems a decent poster tbh but had to put the other side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

Didn’t take long - I wonder how many lurk?  It would help if they had actually read what I wrote!  Plus don’t tell them that I live closer to Pride Park than most Derby fans do.

To be fair, some of their comments are quite amusing.

I particularly liked the disparaging comments about your (and Mr. Pops’) maths ability - the poster was assuming you are a West Country boy.

’One hay bale plus one hay bale seems beyond them’.

I found that quite funny ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

58 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Chucking morality out of the window for a moment, what do we rate the suggestion of Mel Morris returning in some guise as owner or similar of Derby as? Seen bits online.

As in, what chance is there of anything being in it?

About as much chance of Dan Bentley scoring a hattrick. I think we discussed this a few weeks back and it's clear there are legal, political, optical, and financial issues that would need to be sorted, and they won't be. 

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

About as much chance of Dan Bentley scoring a hattrick. I think we discussed this a few weeks back and it's clear there are legal, political, optical, and financial issues that would need to be sorted, and they won't be. 

Besides he spent two years trying to sell it, and nobody apart from a fake sheikh was remotely interested for some reason 

17 hours ago, Hxj said:

I have been told today that there will be no money left on Monday 9 May at the latest, and there are no other sources.  So DCFC will complete the last game of the season, but without a new owner by Sunday 8 May the club will fold.

I was also told that there isn't an offer on the table that meets the amount needed to pay off the MSD loans (both in Administration and before), so there is no money for any other creditors as things stand.

Quantuma claimed they will present details of the preferred bidder to the EFL this week.

I find it hard to see how there can be a preferred bidder if none of them meet the minimum requirement in terms of satisfying the creditors.

Quantuma tell us they are acting in good faith and of course I believe them* so what am I missing?

*not necessarily true.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I find it hard to see how there can be a preferred bidder if none of them meet the minimum requirement in terms of satisfying the creditors.

Depends upon their definition of 'Preferred', and how desperate things are.  I am sure that there is brinkmanship on all sides, and Quantuma may pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat,

But if it is correct the 9 May is a very hard deadline, they have six weeks to go, that's it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Quantuma claimed they will present details of the preferred bidder to the EFL this week.

Quantuma tell us they are acting in good faith and of course I believe them* so what am I missing?

*not necessarily true.

Surely if a bidder materialises they may well avoid the worst but start next season on - 15?

Of course attempts to impose a haircut on football creditors would constitute a significant problem, if Mel Morris steps up and pays a chunk then that reduces the size of the bid needed to pay the rest making - 15 less likely? Probably.

Still struggle to see why HMRC should take a haircut given rising inflation, every penny counting post Covid etc. Restructure with the appropriate interest rate different issue.

54 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Depends upon their definition of 'Preferred', and how desperate things are.  I am sure that there is brinkmanship on all sides, and Quantuma may pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat,

But if it is correct the 9 May is a very hard deadline, they have six weeks to go, that's it.

How many "very hard deadlines" have they had?

47 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely if a bidder materialises they may well avoid the worst but start next season on - 15?

Of course attempts to impose a haircut on football creditors would constitute a significant problem, if Mel Morris steps up and pays a chunk then that reduces the size of the bid needed to pay the rest making - 15 less likely? Probably.

Still struggle to see why HMRC should take a haircut given rising inflation, every penny counting post Covid etc. Restructure with the appropriate interest rate different issue.

Don’t think HMRC will be playing ball in anyway, nor should they.

It opens the door to so many businesses to follow the same route and simply not pay their taxes.

HMRC have been on football’s case for many years and they will not be conceding any ground on this in my opinion.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Don’t think HMRC will be playing ball in anyway, nor should they.

It opens the door to so many businesses to follow the same route and simply not pay their taxes.

HMRC have been on football’s case for many years and they will not be conceding any ground on this in my opinion.

Got a horrible feeling this might be when they change and agree to some sort of deal.

Lot of political pressure on this and looking ahead there could well be a number of other clubs heading down this same route.

They could come up with some sort of COVID rule and badge it as a one off, possibly ?

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

I think the efl have dug such a hole for themselves with Derby that any future cases will prove as difficult to resolve. Why would any other club in difficulties just roll over?

Surely the hope is that the EFL come down so hard on WRDCFC that no one would try & emulate their demise? 

• Like 5

This is from the Derby forum, and is pretty well done in my opinion.

Let's again try to summarise our position only this time using visual metaphors . The first one depicts where we are right now.

Imagine all the 'good guys' are pulling on the lead and that the dog represents all of the current potential buyers...

giphy.gif

For clarity, here's the same metaphor would look like if the buyers could actually

see some value in the deal and were keen to buy at the prices being quoted...

giphy.gif

And to fix this problem, here's the erstwhile admins trying to persuade Morris (the dog in this case)

to drop the stadium cost and make all these problems go away forever...

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, here's what we're all doing....

giphy.gif

Hope this helps! x

•  
  • Haha 8
  • Flames 1

Will reiterate a position though which is opinion and nothing else, not ITK- nothing.

Derby won't be liquidated- we hear all the time, clubs will go bust and so forth- but well even Bury didn't go bust. It is vanishingly rare- they may get a -15 and business plan if criteria are not met but it is really rare for clubs in this country, ie of the 92 to actually go bust. Macclesfield in modern times were a massive exception and technically were relegated when they did- was it the slide to relegation with the points deductions and suspended deductions activated that was the final nail?