IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 hour ago, Waconda said:

And Reading will fail, deal will go through with points taken this season.

EFL will want this done and dusted before next season.

Would be my guess.

Hmm, not quite there but slightly moving towards snookers now...don't takeovers in the EFL usually take a long time- when the Turkish guy took over Hull it took between 2.5-3 months until all was sealed and this was surely less complex than this. I suppose they know who Kirchner is though and there were some tests in November/December time plus with Preston.

Rule has generally been -15 the following season if it doesn't hit the Insolvency Requirements- maybe a vote of clubs to decide? EFL DOES constitute the clubs after all- I struggle to see why the EFL would hand down a deduction that while on the one hand would guarantee relegation for sure, otoh would have zero effect if as is likely they go down.

Barnsley who are 3rd bottom still have winnable home games vs Blackpool, Preston and Peterborough- they sit a point above Derby with a game in hand...

...Will let @Hxj do the honours, the full roundup!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.kingschambers.com/assets/files/News/Kings Insolvency Issue 3Sport Insolvency.pdf

seems to imply that any points deduction for a team already relegated would apply the following season, plus it’s after the 4th Thursday in Match.

”sporting sanctions”

Any further points deduction will be this season.

Kirchner would've been assured of this before agreeing.

That's my guess anyway.

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will let @Hxj do the honours, the full roundup!

With pleasure!!

Good results for Derby (24th) on Saturday, they beat Preston and Barnsley (22nd) drew with Reading (21st).  Last night Reading really put the boot in with a win, to make it an unbeaten 4 in a row.

Reading now on 37 points, Barnsley on 29, Derby on 28 and Peterborough on 27.  All played 40 except Barnsley on 39.  In order to overtake Reading, Derby need to take 9 more points over six games, that's 1.5 points a game, some task.

More interestingly, Derby can only do this by winning at least three games or wining 2, drawing 3 and losing one, assuming that Reading get no more points.  Based upon that scenario the earliest that Derby can get relegated is on Saturday 23 April ...

Assuming all results go against them it could be Friday 15 April against Fulham.

Of course Derby also need to get one more point than Bansley to finish ahead of them, and one less than Peterborough to stay ahead of them.

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Waconda said:

That's my guess anyway.

It's not about guessing though is it.

The EFL have rules. They have been applying those rules. They will continue to apply those rules. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Waconda said:

That's my guess anyway.

You’d fit in well at Quantuma with those assurances…and a “my guess” caveat! ?

As Q hasn’t taken PB to EFL yet, Kirchner can have had no assurances, apart from ones from Q….which are worthless.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As Q hasn’t taken PB to EFL yet, Kirchner can have had no assurances, apart from ones from Q….which are worthless.

I'm sure they'll take it to the EFL imminently.?

Edited by chinapig
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Where he found it I dunno- I certainly haven't and I found the original EFL 2021/22 updated rules as far back as last June/July, bookmarked but anyway Kieran Maguire.

Anyway, sounds highly likely that if the minimum threshold is not met then it would be NEXT season. As expected. Although it mentioned a bit about schedules?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Where he found it I dunno- I certainly haven't and I found the original EFL 2021/22 updated rules as far back as last June/July, bookmarked but anyway Kieran Maguire.

Anyway, sounds highly likely that if the minimum threshold is not met then it would be NEXT season. As expected.

Prima facie next season, although there's scope for the EFL to decide differently. Can't imagine they will though, they hate Derby and everyone that lives there.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Prima facie next season, although there's scope for the EFL to decide differently. Can't imagine they will though, they hate Derby and everyone that lives there.

And according to the Derby forum Maguire is both part of the conspiracy and doesn't know anything about football finance anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What are you going to do when this is sorted in the next few days ?

Big hole in your life.

10 minutes ago, Waconda said:

What are you going to do when this is sorted in the next few days ?

Big hole in your life.

Out of interest, what did I do / post to turn you from being all “pally” with me to becoming all passive aggressive and trolling my posts?

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, what did I do / post to turn you from being all “pally” with me to becoming all passive aggressive and trolling my posts?

Thats why the ignore button exists fella. It works great providing people don’t quote him! 

• Like 1

Derby County are apparently finally on their way to being bought, with the club’s administrators now accepting an offer from American businessman Chris Kirchner. The news was confirmed this morning amid reported interest from former Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley.