IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Some people on Rovers forums may have got a tad carried away with the wealth of our new owners. However, most  Rovers fans I know, are well aware that they aren't they are not in the league of Russian oligarchs, or for that matter Steve Lansdown.

I am certainly not expecting them to start flashing the cash at big name signings (nor would I want them to).

I do think that they probably have a lot more acumen than Nick Higgs when it comes to the funding of a new stadium, and that the possibility of a new ground is as close as it as ever been. Having said that, I will believe it when I'm sat watching a game in it!

Fair point Miah, though posters such as yourself and in the net didn't do the 'going over the top' routine, which my post was referring to (admittedly not clearly) when it said "you lot"

20 hours ago, bert tann said:

But if someone is being asked to put up £30 million they are going to demand an extremely convincing business plan plus a very high equity stake.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wally being ripped to pieces on the next series of Dragon's Den!

I want £30m for a 5% stake in the Gas......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Somerset Red said:

Millwall to visit the Family Club then.

That'll be fun!

(Do tents burn?)

Hopefully it'll be raining and the thugs will get a good soaking in our luxurious "you're not welcome" roofless away enclosure.

They were up to their usual antics today chasing Barnsley fans in the upper tier at Wembley. 

Poor ole #BriistolScum, watching Chris Wood (he's one of our own) win the Golf at Wentworth must have spoilt his Bank Holiday weekend.  His TV screen covered in spittle yet again, only days after the Bristol Rugby success. 

Edited by Malago

14 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Hopefully it'll be raining and the thugs will get a good soaking in our luxurious "you're not welcome" roofless away enclosure.

They were up to their usual antics today chasing Barnsley fans in the upper tier at Wembley. 

Give me Millwall fans over a bunch of prolific racists, as Rovers' fans have proven to be, any day of the week.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ok ,own up. Which one of you is "Tote End Tony" in the EP letters. Brilliant piss-take of a gapper. 45 k at Wembley, 50k seat UWE, priceless...and the EP have been well and truely fished in !:P:P:P

Ikea Tony is a well down deluded fewer.. he's been saying the same shit for years.

22 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

How do you know this? Genuinely interested...I didn't see any reports of trouble

hargravegas Avatar
Should we really be spending money on the Mem IF we are getting a new stadium soon? Is there a problem or big delay anticipated?

Yes when i hear talk of work being done to the mem it does make me nervous about the uwe going forward. Apart from Hamer media speak we have heard nothing concrete since the takeover. I do hope we can break ground by xmas as the momentum the club currently has needs to be maintained.     

Have the penny just dropped 

1986gas Avatar
Shoveller Avatar
You must have to write quick this week (DC signed within hours of publication).

Al Qadi & Hamer's business is going perfectly so far.
1. Absolve BRFC of Wongadministraion. Tick.
2. Exctracate the club from embarrasing and expensive litigation. Tick.
3. Leave DC alone to try to get another promotion. Tick.
4. Offer DC all he's worth and convince him to sign. Tick.

5. Sign the existing and new players DC needs for the 3rd Division.
6. Youth development, training ground, stadium, etc.

But, but, but they don't have as much money as some have said they have, they only own one an investment bank various hotels and run HSBC in Jordan, it's all a cover up they are skint, and why isn't the stadium being built yet?

There is little more as irritating at some so called Rovers fans who have sat back and allowed the previous chairman to run the club into the ground without challenge, and then nit pick at every opportunity to discredit the best thing that has happened to the club in its history.

Tick

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5242/waels-real-job-starts#ixzz4AAZIIPhC

"I still think we are amongst the best fans in the country as you only have to look at how many still turned up when we were in the conference and staring administration in the face, with the ongoing wonga fiasco"

You've almost gotta admire their dedication to the delusion. 

They've obviously forgotten the likes of Wimbledon AFC who rebuilt a club, or the likes of Pompey who pull crowds of nearly double theirs amongst others....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Coombsy said:
hargravegas Avatar
Should we really be spending money on the Mem IF we are getting a new stadium soon? Is there a problem or big delay anticipated?

Yes when i hear talk of work being done to the mem it does make me nervous about the uwe going forward. Apart from Hamer media speak we have heard nothing concrete since the takeover. I do hope we can break ground by xmas as the momentum the club currently has needs to be maintained.     

Have the penny just dropped 

At last one of their own is starting to ask relevant questions.

And as funny as it is to watch them implode (which is what will happen) genuine football fans need to get real and ask the searching questions that need to be asked of their owners - especially in this instance.

All is not as it seems, I see it, we see it, looks like someone over there is starting to see it too.

Bath Gas Avatar

I was told that all hospitality boxes (West Stand) are sold out for next season.

The only match-day hospitality you will be able to book is a meal and seat in the East Stand.

Will 34 boxes be enough for us when we move to the UWE, or should we plan more?  

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5246/memorial-stadium-boosted-12-700#ixzz4AB36RTt0

Oh the gift is still giving.

I can't believe they still think UWE is going ahead, let alone that they might need more than 34 boxes.

9 hours ago, cidercity said:
Bath Gas Avatar

I was told that all hospitality boxes (West Stand) are sold out for next season.

The only match-day hospitality you will be able to book is a meal and seat in the East Stand.

Will 34 boxes be enough for us when we move to the UWE, or should we plan more?  

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5246/memorial-stadium-boosted-12-700#ixzz4AB36RTt0

Oh the gift is still giving.

I can't believe they still think UWE is going ahead, let alone that they might need more than 34 boxes.

They will need hundreds or maybe even thousands to cope with all the corporates that are locked outside.

• Like 3

On 28/05/2016 at 08:21, Miahdennehy said:
16 minutes ago, cynic said:

What with the magnificent ST sales (over 4k now), a top 6 budget, loadsamoney for transfers, sell out crowds, not enough corporate boxes, new stadium on the horizon, when is it all going to end ? 

Exciting isn't it ?

32 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Exciting isn't it?

I have often wondered who the people who think everything on the internet is true are......... I now think they have managed to gravitate to one place to make it easier for the WUM's to find them. Perhaps someone should test this theory by trying out a few of the more outlandish urban myths or conspiracy theories on gaschat and see what they eat up as fact? Now that would be quite exciting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cynic said:

What with the magnificent ST sales (over 4k now), a top 6 budget, loadsamoney for transfers, sell out crowds, not enough corporate boxes, new stadium on the horizon, when is it all going to end ? 

I don't know when, but I do know how, it will all end in tears. Sorrow for them and tears of laughter for us.