IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Markred said:

We need to improve the atmosphere at the gate, im getting sick and tired of away fans coming to the gate and saying "rovers made more noise" even at there sh*t shed

Yeah, of course they say that :laughcont:.

I’m sure the likes of Ipswich, Leeds, Derby, Wolves, Forest, Boro, Cardiff, Villa, QPR, Hull etc regularly praise the atmosphere at a ground like the Mem that none of them have visited for absolute donkeys years. For balance, I’ve read many posts on social media from fans who’ve actually visited the Mem and described the atmosphere as shite. What do you think about that?

6 hours ago, Markred said:

I also never hear manager that come to the gate comment on the atmosphere and say its a hard place to go.

In the past Alan Curbishly described AG as the most intimidating ground he’d ever visited and Graham Poll claimed it was louder than the Nou Camp. Warnock has mentioned the atmosphere inside a hostile Ashton Gate as have others. If those comments have become fewer in the last couple of years I would suggest that you could say that about pretty much every modern, all seater stadium. They’re not designed to be a ‘hard place to go’ unfortunately.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SimonR said:

I expect the out of date pies will have rebelled by next season, rovers will be playing on the downs as the mem will have been condemned as a Biohazard... well more than normal. :gasmask:

Well, the lads from Porton Down currently decontaminating Salisbury should have finished by then so could move straight to Horfield - although the scale of the problem may defeat even them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Oh behave Miah.

Please, tell us one (just 1) thing your campsite dwelling lower league, recent non league club can hold over the mighty Bristol city please?

This should be interesting. 

More people used the conferenece* facilities at the Mem than used them at The Gate one year.

*artistic licence, I think it was called the national league at the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We are still primarily a football club :)

You're getting a bit chopsy today.

Have Rovers announced their revenue raising plans for the world cup yet?

'Come to the Mem and watch all the action on a 14" portable television and enjoy the surroundings of carpet and curtains that have been cleaned in the last 24 months.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

enjoy the surroundings of carpet and curtains that have been cleaned in the last 24 months.

That's below the belt. Having all those unlagged water pipes burst on you in the middle of winter is no laughing matter ....

19 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Give LJ a couple more years :)

Having studied it for a club to fall out of the league it tends to be rotten at all levels of a club , so the players don't care, the manager doesn't care , the owners don't care (have the money)

Well I for one am very disappointed.

After the EU Referendum, the fewers were quick to put out a statement. And yet despite their clear influence on negotiations we have had nothing since. Unless of course they put out another statement and wrote it on the side of their open topped bus and drove it around for an hour and no one turned up to read it.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Ironic that now in Bristol we have a rugby club taking over a football club :)

Is the fake sheik buying a rugby club?

Have to say I admire your ballysness at the moment, after an iconic 13th place in division 3.. :rofl2br::rofl2br:

Edited by Sergio Georgini