IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, cityal said:

2nd post on that gaschat  thread about the new tent

:laughcont:  deluded half-wit!! :rolleyes:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/bristol-rovers/attendances

The gas getting more than 9500 happened just 6 times last season, and 4 of those were clubs with what I assume was a pretty good away following (Plymouth, Pompey, Blackburn, Oxford) - The other two were their first and last home league games of the season.

EXACTLY NONE OF THESE were midweek/night games - but lets never let FACT get in the way of more gas bullshit about attendances.

If they actually had more of their own fans turn up instead of relying on good away support - worrying about 9500 capacity might be worth doing.

How many times in the last 30 years have they had an attendance that exceeds the capacity of just the Lansdown stand..?! 

One of the sad Sags on SagChat commented: 

"Problem is if the club release artists impressions of what is most likely going to look like the West tent the club would be a laughing stock."

Who's gonna tell him that this particular horse (apt analogy intended) has already bolted? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Four sides to the ground yet I think they've nine stands of which just three are permanent, the rest being tents. Billy Smart eat your heart out

I reckon that if they aren’t careful they’ll have to take thier shoes and socks off to count them all soon.

Gromit Unleashed 2018.... 

Visiting everywhere that's anywhere this summer....

Hardly a worthwhile location has been overlooked, 

Coming to Ashton Gate of course... 

Locations revealed in todays Bristol Post .. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/locations-grand-appeals-2018-wallace-1571355  

(Hmm, cant see The Mem on the huge location list.. obviously not worthy! )

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/whats-on/locations-grand-appeals-2018-wallace-1571355  

They said they are waiting for the sequel 'a shite day out' to be released before they get involved.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How many times in the last 30 years have they had an attendance that exceeds the capacity of just the Lansdown stand..?! 

None, but they did take 13.5 million to Wembley (or ‘Wembly’ as they like to express it) so clearly they need a ground as big as Lagos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

These things take time

since they got their new ground we've been promoted reached a cup semi final won a league, won a cup, rebuilt a ground, improved the training ground, brought a rugby team, got them promoted relegated and promoted again, 

thats all before they laid a brick on their new ground

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

It would be unwise to tether even a model dog, such as Gromit within touching distance of Darrell Clarke. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I see The Evil is reporting (sic) that the pitch issues last year were due to them using  '...the wrong type of sand...' when laying the pitch.

Now if there's one thing you'd think their Arab owners would know about....

Quite a skill really. Selling not just sand, but the wrong type of sand to the Arabs.

Fingers crossed a consortium of Eskimos are the next owners.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Quite a skill really. Selling not just sand, but the wrong type of sand to the Arabs.

Fingers crossed a consortium of Eskimos are the next owners.

They've already relaid using Fibresand and I hope, like one or two nags I've backed in my time, they're as useless on the all-weather as they are on turf. ...

• Haha 1

I understand the addition of their new stand is to increase not only, the capacity  but, also the in tents atmosphere. Sometimes it's so in tents, it's unbearable for many fans, who have been canvassed for their opinions. One supporter, a Mr Guy Rope, said he and his wife Peg are holding firm in their support of the clubs new plans and want to see the ex tent of the development.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I understand the addition of their new stand is to increase not only, the capacity  but, also the in tents atmosphere. Sometimes it's so in tents, it's unbearable for many fans, who have been canvassed for their opinions. One supporter, a Mr Guy Rope, said he and his wife Peg are holding firm in their support of the clubs new plans and want to see the ex tent of the development.

Such a camp bunch those sags... Sorry.

Have you seen the write up in the Evil Post? Must have been tongue in cheek......

There is a part where they talk about some group and in brackets write (SAG) :laughcont:

It apparently took a team of Project Managers 14 months to decide which tent to buy and 2 days to erect.

15 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Have you seen the write up in the Evil Post? Must have been tongue in cheek......

There is a part where they talk about some group and in brackets write (SAG) :laughcont:

It apparently took a team of Project Managers 14 months to decide which tent to buy and 2 days to erect.

14 months? They must have had their own allocated parking spot at Go Outdoors!