IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

thought they had a billionaire owner ?   hasnt spent a penny on players, and now cant get finance for a new ground !  all pie in the sky the blue few, basically they want a new ground and someone else to pay for it . 

beware any rugby clubs, do not approach !

A leopard never changes it’s spots.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

thought they had a billionaire owner ?   hasnt spent a penny on players, and now cant get finance for a new ground !  all pie in the sky the blue few, basically they want a new ground and someone else to pay for it . 

beware any rugby clubs, do not approach !

If I were chairman of Dings I'd put another padlock on the gates tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Woohoo! We're getting a new ground.

That will shut you lot up :)

You started singing that to us 5 years ago now, about time you gave it a rest mate, you’ll get a sore throat.

Edited by BCFC11

3 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

look im not much of contributor to this forum but why are there so many posts about that Manky lot ?

This thread is always near the top of the posting list . Its meant to be a City forum

**NEWSFLASH**

It’s a pisstaking thread, somewhere to escape the groaning everywhere else on here, even if only for a minute or two.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keepers Ball said:

Fair enough i suppose. Personally i couldnt give a shit about them. Way too beneath us.

Can never understand why Songs are still sung about them

Can see your points totally, but no matter what people say they will always be our rivals, Cardiff never have and never will, it’s only because of the previous trouble that we don’t like each other. 

As for the Sags they are just a turd that won’t flush.

1 minute ago, Keepers Ball said:

Trust me I dont.

I'd laugh my Cock off if they went bust.

Yeah yeah I know. Even City fans would hate me for saying that but this City isnt big enough or passionate enough for two

clubs and God knows how many Glory Hunters there are in Bristol

So you DO care then :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

So you DO care then :)

I certainly care. Always hated them.

They remind me of folks who arrive twice yearly for the Stow fair in my neck of the woods. 

Which reminds me, I must lock my shed properly tonight, it's that time of year. 

6 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Trust me I dont.

I'd laugh my Cock off if they went bust.

Yeah yeah I know. Even City fans would hate me for saying that but this City isnt big enough or passionate enough for two

clubs and God knows how many Glory Hunters there are in Bristol

That pisses me off more than anything about football in this city, locals are usually rammed when one of the top clubs are on TV especially on the weekends, yet you ask them why they don’t support a local club all you’d get back in response is ‘oh they are shite, they’ll never get in the prem’ then if you try to explain to them that if more people got off their asses and went to support a local side it will improve their revenue etc and enable them to push on, which is usually replied with a ‘ I’m not paying £20/£30 to watch that shit’ but spend £50 on the piss watching their heroes who they’ll never see live.

You’ll struggle to ever change people like that, not a clue what real emotions are of following a football club.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

That pisses me off more than anything about football in this city, locals are usually rammed when one of the top clubs are on TV especially on the weekends, yet you ask them why they don’t support a local club all you’d get back in response is ‘oh they are shite, they’ll never get in the prem’ then if you try to explain to them that if more people got off their asses and went to support a local side it will improve their revenue etc and enable them to push on, which is usually replied with a ‘ I’m not paying £20/£30 to watch that shit’ but spend £50 on the piss watching their heroes who they’ll never see live.

You’ll struggle to ever change people like that, not a clue what real emotions are of following a football club.

Simply not football fans. 

Its a bit like refusing to go and watch club racing because it isn't as fast as F1. Completely misses the essence of sport and getting involved. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

Fair enough i suppose. Personally i couldnt give a shit about them. Way too beneath us.

Can never understand why Songs are still sung about them

But you do care... you post about them, City  OTIB  has a 700 plus page thread about them,  if only we could channel all that energy into supporting City.  

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Simply not football fans. 

Its a bit like refusing to go and watch club racing because it isn't as fast as F1. Completely misses the essence of sport and getting involved. 

Similar to a bloke who comes in to my work, been coming in a few years now says he’s a city fan etc i had a couple of freebies going, think it was for the forest home game this season offered the tickets to him ‘oh no I can’t go down there, no not going, trying to use any excuse not to go, but come Monday morning he’ll be in slating them, whether he’s right in what he’s saying or not it goes in one ear and straight out the other, have no time for ‘supporters’ like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Same here. Got plenty Man U / Liverpool etc fans in work and I ask them why they don’t support City (even the Gas) and the answer is that the Bristol teams sh1t and never win anything 

My favourite response is to ask who they’re supporting in the World Cup. Of course they say England and I ask why, “because I’m English”.  When I mention England never win anything and by their Club logic they should support a team like Germany for example they just don’t get it 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Same here. Got plenty Man U / Liverpool etc fans in work and I ask them why they don’t support City (even the Gas) and the answer is that the Bristol teams sh1t and never win anything 

My favourite response is to ask who they’re supporting in the World Cup. Of course they say England and I ask why, “because I’m English”.  When I mention England never win anything and by their Club logic they should support a team like Germany for example they just don’t get it 

:laughcont:  love that response! Will try that one next time.

I really struggle to see the mentality in their reasoning, completely baffles me, then again it just pisses me off thinking about it so just leave them to jerk off over how great their team is. Funny that I didn’t see many Manchester Red fans for a good couple of weeks earlier on this season though, the ones I did see only mentioned how crap the Manc’s were.

Boiled piss all over Bristol that night :laughcont:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

But you do care... you post about them, City  OTIB  has a 700 plus page thread about them,  if only we could channel all that energy into supporting City.  

The world's most vociferous fans still have plenty of time and energy to take the piss out of their rivals.

You make it sound like taking the piss is instead of or at the expense of supporting City. It isn't. 

• Like 1

**** me it never ends does it, every single failed attempt to build a new stadium Mangotsfield, Severnside and UWE etc. have failed because they always want somebody else to pay for the ******* place and when the council say show us the money they can't because they ain't got none and nobody wants to invest and now this.