IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

But you do care... you post about them, City  OTIB  has a 700 plus page thread about them,  if only we could channel all that energy into supporting City.  

I think considering the past 3/4 months the support BCFC have received has been incredible but not always reciprocated with effort on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

**** me it never ends does it, every single failed attempt to build a new stadium Mangotsfield, Severnside and UWE etc. have failed because they always want somebody else to pay for the ******* place and when the council say show us the money they can't because they ain't got none and nobody wants to invest and now this.

Tbf I had a gander at Durdens twitter page and it’s not recent he said it, he still said it mind so point still stands, they got **** all to build anything with.

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Unfortunately this is fake. 

I believe one or two seasons ago SL said he’d welcome outside investment in one of his interviews?  

It may have been the one he got pissy and all ‘I’m considerably richer than you’ in.  I’m sure someone with a memory that works may help out with this.

Edited by RumRed

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I believe that was a tongue in cheek comment from our blue friend, no need to be nasty.

I know full well it was tongue in cheek, as was my reply nothing nasty about it at all. Merely pointing out how they sang in our faces in the EE that they were getting a new stadium, we’ll we’re still waiting......

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Simply not football fans. 

Its a bit like refusing to go and watch club racing because it isn't as fast as F1. Completely misses the essence of sport and getting involved. 

People supporting their prem team via Sky Sports baffles me.  These plastics also take up the majority of the air time on the various phone-ins etc.  Makes me cringe when they start moaning about this and that.  They will never get it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

I believe one or two seasons ago SL said he’d welcome outside investment in one of his interviews?  

It may have been the one he got pissy and all ‘I’m considerably richer than you’ in.  I’m sure someone with a memory that works may help out with this.

Maybe he did.

.....but we’ve NEVER claimed to be the 6th wealthiest club in the Football League.

12 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Well I just drove past the Dings and up to 40 caravans are now on the new state of the art pitch 

That's right, that's right, I'm sad and blue
'Cause the Mem's only got three portaloos
I'm lost, I'm lost, can't do my thing
That's why I sing "Gimme, gimme dat Dings!"

• Haha 1

Maybe they will build it underground, how about the first stadium on the moon? nothing is impossible for wally, but personally i hope they build it down by severn beach, with all the strange emissions they will feel like being back at the dog track. :gasmask:

Some (most) of them really do not have a clue do they, they think they’d survive for a couple of seasons at this level but would need better facilities to push on etc the thing they seem to forget is you need a good team for a start not a shit one that they currently have and an owner who’s willing to back you with funds and that’s just to get out of L1.

They won’t be anywhere near this league anytime soon, or a new training facility or new ground for that matter, tell them something they want to hear and they’ll lap it up forever and a day, tell them something they don’t want to hear and it never happened.

Evolution :rofl2br:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Wig Wam Bam I think?

Anyway, that have shut Ye Olde Flowerpot in Kingswood.....another Gas haunt bites the dust.

Really..... was my local for many years and was City in the lounge.... and Gas in the bar 

On 10/05/2018 at 21:35, 1bristolcity said:

But you do care... you post about them, City  OTIB  has a 700 plus page thread about them,  if only we could channel all that energy into supporting City.  

True, if it wasn’t for this thread we would be winning the Champions League.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4