IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

How would 26,000 rugby fans fit into the Memorial Stadium?

That was our biggest ever crowd, and although I'm not saying it couldn't happen again, it is unlikely unless we start becoming very successful. 

If we could buy back the mem and then upgrade it to a 20000 all seater with room for more that would be perfect for the club at the minute 

38 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Don't normally get riled up by them, but this irritated me quite a bit... 

Yes Neil, Bristol don't play at their spiritual home anymore, that's correct. Now, let's think about why bristol rugby club were forced to move out of their home of 97 years. 

It was because your horrible lot pounced on them when they were at their weakness, went on to take the ground over from them before gradually making it harder and harder for them to play there before SL saved them and brought them over here. 

As much as myself amongst many bristol fans are enjoying playing at ashton gate in front of big crowds, our spiritual home has been and always will be the Memorial Ground. So realistically, we'd love it much more if you lot just buggered off out of there and gave us our home back, then maybe SL fan upgrade it and turn our historic home into a decent ground. But as that won't happen, you enjoy being in the knowledge that you'll stole your ground off of the rugby club who you are glad don't play there any more whilst you sit there seething about what they now have compared to you. 

Rant over... 

Screenshot_20180918-160223.png

Yank-like? Utterly wrong. The only similarity is that Ashton Gate is now a multisport stadium and it is common for Basketball (NBA) and Ice-Hockey (NHL) franchises to share an arena, but the franchises from the same City are not usually owned by the same person/company and will not actually own the arena themselves, since most of them got the local authority to pay for it in order that they would relocate (or remain) in the City. 

There's only 1 professional football club who franchised themselves out to another City who were originally based in Bristol and there is only 1 professional football club in Bristol begging for someone else to build them a stadium.

Edited by awbb
  • Like 3

Dont you just love how dumb and envious they are!!!

When i saw this item on news ,just knew it would create talking point on here!think we have to separate the 82ers from Bristol sport plc and then we realize nowt really changed. Bristol City play in a league just 1 tier? higher than us despite all the perceived advantages they have, one bad season for them and a good one for us and on the playing side we would have a roll reversal! ?i am a glass half full type and realize the glass half empty types would look at the opposite scenario, but thats how it is at the moment.This development does nowt to change that and you could deduce that Landsdown is providing Bristol with facilities which the Council should be providing but show neither the desire or intent to do so and has been the case since time immoral!The costs are quite staggering and the event hall would seem to fall twixt two stools,4000 ? certainly 4 times bigger than required for the world famous Bristol Flyers ?(world famous in Ashton anyway!)but no where near big enough to attract major Boxing or top band Gigs after all Bristol Arena ,that was, was deemed not big enough for the like even with a 10000 + capacity , it may compete with the farcically re-branded Hall in Colston street but thats about it.In conclusion as i said this news changes nowt as far as football goes and i am not plagued with the green eyed monster!Ever since i was old enough i chose Rovers for there eternal under dog tag and backs to the wall fighting spirit, our remarkable ability to turn disaster into triumph and to make a silk cloth from a pigs ear! ?it has been so for all my 70 years and all you true Gas eds out there will know what i mean,i mean just a simple thing like Gas ed was meant to be a derisory term but what did we do? adopted it and now its 'our handle'throughout the football world!Old Gas eds like me will no doubt be smiling wryly at the delusions of grandeur emulating from the dark side again bless their fickle souls, ?!That said if the good Lord could give us some good news from the club soon it would be much appreciated!just so long its not so good we will lose our unique identity!Up the Rovers!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

When i saw this item on news ,just knew it would create talking point on here!think we have to separate the 82ers from Bristol sport plc and then we realize nowt really changed. Bristol City play in a league just 1 tier? higher than us despite all the perceived advantages they have, one bad season for them and a good one for us and on the playing side we would have a roll reversal! ?i am a glass half full type and realize the glass half empty types would look at the opposite scenario, but thats how it is at the moment.This development does nowt to change that and you could deduce that Landsdown is providing Bristol with facilities which the Council should be providing but show neither the desire or intent to do so and has been the case since time immoral!The costs are quite staggering and the event hall would seem to fall twixt two stools,4000 ? certainly 4 times bigger than required for the world famous Bristol Flyers ?(world famous in Ashton anyway!)but no where near big enough to attract major Boxing or top band Gigs after all Bristol Arena ,that was, was deemed not big enough for the like even with a 10000 + capacity , it may compete with the farcically re-branded Hall in Colston street but thats about it.In conclusion as i said this news changes nowt as far as football goes and i am not plagued with the green eyed monster!Ever since i was old enough i chose Rovers for there eternal under dog tag and backs to the wall fighting spirit, our remarkable ability to turn disaster into triumph and to make a silk cloth from a pigs ear! ?it has been so for all my 70 years and all you true Gas eds out there will know what i mean,i mean just a simple thing like Gas ed was meant to be a derisory term but what did we do? adopted it and now its 'our handle'throughout the football world!Old Gas eds like me will no doubt be smiling wryly at the delusions of grandeur emulating from the dark side again bless their fickle souls, ?!That said if the good Lord could give us some good news from the club soon it would be much appreciated!just so long its not so good we will lose our unique identity!Up the Rovers!

Love the 1 tier bit. 

Therefore if we were to go up would we suddenly be on par with the Manchester clubs and chelsea/liverpool/arsenal? 

Don't think so... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

They say that with age comes wisdom...............this blokes 70 FFS.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Jesus! 

My ******* sides are in orbit! :rofl2br:

9CFC12C9-CC7A-412A-9C13-A57BB9E961AA.jpeg

Worried? Oh Lord above. They do realise that we're not worried by them in the slightest? Because they'll never be a rival anymore, don't provide any competition amymore....

....all they provide us with are gems and nuggets of golden delusion to keep this thread going!

#pricelessfools

24 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Don't you just love it when thick fukkers try to come across as being intelligent on the Internet?

49 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

There is so much wrong with that, I have no idea where to start!

'Triumph'? When was that? I must have missed it. 'Just 1 tier' maybe but in a totally different stratosphere as a club. 'Role reversal'? They wouldn't stand a chocolate fireguard in hells chance at our level and they know it. '4000' seats', that's 2,000 more than they currently have. 'Famous in Ashton'? They play in Filton you numpty. 'Silk cloth from a pig's ear'? You mean turn crap into even more crap. 'Throughout the football world'? He means the Lamb. 'Unique identity'? In what way are they unique? They're just shit! 'Worried'? ? ??

What a belter! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

This "roll reversal", how would that work exactly?

Suddenly The Gas references appear apt. Like Lamplighters and following Miners who unearted the coal that kept the Town Gas flowing they're in the final throws of claiming the moral imperative. "I'd rather uphold the tradition of what I have than admit to the temptations of progress." 

And soon, like the aforementioned, they'll be confined to the pages of tattered history books. A Scargillesque Henbury Gas bewigged and clutching his hand painted, part soiled bedsheet, proclaiming "This will always be my home," as the Horfield highrises tower taller than Warboys in his prime over his shoulder. And his one remaining comrade, looking ever sheepish knowing he's betrayed both mate and cause by opting for a Mangoes season ticket.

It'll make a magnificent Evil front cover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Love the 1 tier bit. 

Therefore if we were to go up would we suddenly be on par with the Manchester clubs and chelsea/liverpool/arsenal? 

Don't think so... 

One bad season for Man City and one good season for us and we would have a role reversal. #gaslogic

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Suddenly The Gas references appear apt. Like Lamplighters and following Miners who unearted the coal that kept the Town Gas flowing they're in the final throws of claiming the moral imperative. "I'd rather uphold the tradition of what I have than admit to the temptations of progress." 

And soon, like the aforementioned, they'll be confined to the pages of tattered history books. A Scargillesque Henbury Gas bewigged and clutching his hand painted, part soiled bedsheet, proclaiming "This will always be my home," as the Horfield highrises tower taller than Warboys in his prime over his shoulder. And his one remaining comrade, looking ever sheepish knowing he's betrayed both mate and cause by opting for a Mangoes season ticket.

Wonderful.

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Haha, Warboys was a long time ago. Worboys would more likely fit their setup nowadays.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

Post by Weeezord on 53 minutes ago

"I realise our ground is a shithole before anyone gets on the defence, but have they spent any money bringing up that stand behind the goal which (last time I had any interest) looks sh**?"

I realise this is an incredible reach but even still I'm really going to try reaching*

Screenshot_20180918-160223.png

"If we manage to build a decent stadium" = If I win the lottery this week.

"They've never been able to shake us off and never will" = so they admit to being irksome and unwanted.

"Thank God the rugby don't play at the Mem anymore" = We put the boot in to a fellow Bristol sports club.

13 minutes ago, Unan said:

"I realise our ground is a shithole before anyone gets on the defence, but have they spent any money bringing up that stand behind the goal which (last time I had any interest) looks sh**?"

I realise this is an incredible reach but even still I'm really going to try reaching*

Shithole? Tad optimistic from the Tent Ender..........bit like saying Aleppo is slightly “run down”.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

There is so much wrong with that, I have no idea where to start!

'Triumph'? When was that? I must have missed it. 'Just 1 tier' maybe but in a totally different stratosphere as a club. 'Role reversal'? They wouldn't stand a chocolate fireguard in hells chance at our level and they know it. '4000' seats', that's 2,000 more than they currently have. 'Famous in Ashton'? They play in Filton you numpty. 'Silk cloth from a pig's ear'? You mean turn crap into even more crap. 'Throughout the football world'? He means the Lamb. 'Unique identity'? In what way are they unique? They're just shit! 'Worried'? ? ??

What a belter! 

Roll reversal you mean?! When their tea lady accidentally mixes up the cheese and the ham butties in their tin pot Sunday league club house

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I've got to be honest, I'm worried that if they keep DC they are coming for us, its keeping me awake at night.

:laughcont:

What should be more terrifying to THEM is the very real prospect of Yeovil and Exeter going up when they go down.

And if Plymuff manage to avoid the drop somehow, but FGR join the Glovers and Grecians, that would make the Gash the 6th most successful team in the West Country. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont:

What should be more terrifying to THEM is the very real prospect of Yeovil and Exeter going up when they go down.

And if Plymuff manage to avoid the drop somehow, but FGR join the Cobblers and Grecians, that would make the Gash the 6th most successful team in the West Country. 

And hopefully, the 24th most successful League 2 team.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Ohhhh maaaaan, that is such an embarrassing clutch at straws……………

he's spouting about a stand that is brick / blocks and mortar, doesn't rattle about in the wind and has around 4200 seats.  So…….that's NOT metal framed (✔️) NOT canvas roofed or sided (✔️) and has a rather pleasant review on football tripper.com (✔️)

AWAY FANS

Away fans are housed in the sleek looking Atyeo Stand which first opened in 1994 to replace the aging terrace after the publication of the Taylor report. The single tiered construction offers unrestricted views regardless of where you are sat, and has decent levels of leg room and comfort as one would expect from a stand less than 25 years old.

The "sh**" stand has 1200 more seats than the entire 4 sides of that poxy hole up North.  Every day brings even more exasperation in reading their comments about us and our club.  

The sooner that horrible little blot on the landscape goes bust (again….you know the rest).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On a note of footballing solidarity, well done to them for the tiny turnout at the cabbage patch. That competition is an abomination and needs to be boycotted. Could you ever imagine a senior fixture against an under 21 side? Hideous.

Credit where it’s due, I like the way that they take the boycott so seriously that they carry it over into every match they play. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Two sides of their 'stadium' were closed last night and just over 1,000 turned up to watch them.......meanwhile, at the Hawthorns...

They're Coming For Us

You aren't suggesting that more fans travelled to West Brom than attended a home game are you?

(That said, if we were in League 1 with that joke of a competition I wouldn't go either, so I don't blame them for boycotting).

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You aren't suggesting that more fans travelled to West Brom than attended a home game are you?

(That said, if we were in League 1 with that joke of a competition I wouldn't go either, so I don't blame them for boycotting).

we'd still get about 4k turn up

29 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Two sides of their 'stadium' were closed last night and just over 1,000 turned up to watch them.......meanwhile, at the Hawthorns...

They're Coming For Us

We give them slack for boycotting that competition. 

What was a good little comp for lower league teams has been ruined and you can’t knock them for boycotting it, along with every other club. 

There is plenty more to laugh at about them!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We give them slack for boycotting that competition. 

What was a good little comp for lower league teams has been ruined and you can’t knock them for boycotting it, along with every other club. 

There is plenty more to laugh at about them!

Yep, it's been runied by the inclusion of premiership reserve teams and this should be protested so that it returns to its original format.

Well done the 5,000 Rovers' fans who stayed away and it's a shame that the other 1,000 didn't also stay away to make this point.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wonder if they’ll be so principled if they get to the final?

15 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

That would be funny to take 1000 to Wembley 

The final..? They’d have to beat some adult teams to get that far..!

• Haha 1

Hahahaha 

Question, how many real Bristol Rovers and Bristol City fans are there overall?

What I mean is if you were to ask the people of Bristol and beyond what football club do they support, how many first clubs would be either Rovers or City?

You cant go by current gate averages alone as many fans from both clubs cant get to games due to work,family,lack of money, living away etc..etc. Im also not asking for either clubs diehard support core which is around 6,000 for us and 10,000 for City when things get bad at either club over the years.

You also cant go by the support that either club takes to wembley as apart from our conference final we always take 35,000/40,000 as do City. We still took 31,000 in 2015 when our club was at its lowest ever point.

Im talking about the fans that Rovers or City are the first result that they look for on a saturday at 5pm? 

Those who turn into the radio for games, read the evening post match reports, go online to see the hightlights,read on either clubs forums.Banter with the oth

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12965/bristols-clubs-fanbases

18 minutes ago, Unan said:

Hahahaha 

What I mean is if you were to ask the people of Bristol and beyond what football club do they support, how many first clubs would be either Rovers or City?

You cant go by current gate averages alone as many fans from both clubs cant get to games due to work,family,lack of money, living away etc..etc. Im also not asking for either clubs diehard support core which is around 6,000 for us and 10,000 for City when things get bad at either club over the years.

You also cant go by the support that either club takes to wembley as apart from our conference final we always take 35,000/40,000 as do City. We still took 31,000 in 2015 when our club was at its lowest ever point.

Im talking about the fans that Rovers or City are the first result that they look for on a saturday at 5pm? 

Those who turn into the radio for games, read the evening post match reports, go online to see the hightlights,read on either clubs forums.Banter with the oth

Wow! 

2 hours ago, B block said:

I heard that they only “opened” three stands and one stand was closed, surely the correct terminology for opening a tent is to un zip ? 

That would indicate they have 4 stands / tents B block. They've got about 30 haven't they? 

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Hahahaha 

So their 'support' rises by over 300% of their actual crowds and ours by less than 50% of ours? 

What a bunch of assholes they really are. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Unan said:

Hahahaha 

It's a fair question and I can do no better than this answer on that thread:

I reckon you'd get 100,000 of each. Of course if you asked them if they'd ever been to a game, you'd get a different result.

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Having a look it was 48000, according to grimsby they sold 19000, that leaves 29000 tickets left for gas and corporate... 

Paul Hurst's team had got off to a flying start in front of a Conference record crowd of 47,029 fans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32679757

28000.... Dont want to encourage them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Having a look it was 48000, according to grimsby they sold 19000, that leaves 29000 tickets left for gas and corporate... 

Pretty sure the conference final has a fairly large neutral area as well.

Was probably a good few thousand fans of conference football who just wanted a day out.