IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Whether he remembers it or not, it wasn't as bad as that shithole north of the river.......

It was a bit old school wasn`t it? I remember being up there one freezing cold wet Tuesday when we won 4-1. Only about a hundred City on that huge bank that had the supermarket built on it. I remember the home fans singing `there`s only one player trying` at their own team. Warren Joyce was the one player so it was a while ago - around 1985 I should think. Seem to remember Andy Llewellyn scored one of his few for us too.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was a bit old school wasn`t it? I remember being up there one freezing cold wet Tuesday when we won 4-1. Only about a hundred City on that huge bank that had the supermarket built on it. I remember the home fans singing `there`s only one player trying` at their own team. Warren Joyce was the one player so it was a while ago - around 1985 I should think. Seem to remember Andy Llewellyn scored one of his few for us too.

I was there, didn;t Neville get a hat trick ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It was a bit old school, but so were many grounds 30 years ago, I know the 80's don't seem that long ago to us of a certain age, but there aren't many clubs that have stayed still or even gone backwards in their facilities.

I know what you mean mate. Much as I like my comfy dry seat in the nice new South Stand part of me does miss the old windswept terraces on a cold Tuesday.