IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

...and yet you find yourselves a massive one division ahead of us, well done!

The gap now is comfortably shorter than the one between Scott Murray's teeth, saying that even when we were in the Bananarama the gap was probably still smaller than that.

....and this is what many of your fanbase have become, getting boners because you've made it to within one division of us. Well done, have a ******* cookie :clap: 

I remember when you used to play us twice every season, not for a long time though. The 'gap' is certainly no smaller than it was in August 2001 when you started life in the basement. In fact, looking at our respective Stadiums and crowds plus actual investment by our owners, it's clear the 'gap' is far bigger now. Bolton fans will know this after their visit to Chernobyl last night, Villa fans who came to the Mem pre season will realise it next week when they come to AG. 

If you're just going to focus on the League table then Fleetwood and Bury are closer to us than you. You've got the club you deserve...

image.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

....and this is what many of your fanbase have become, getting boners because you've made it to within one division of us. Well done, have a ******* cookie :clap: 

I remember when you used to play us twice every season, not for a long time though. The 'gap' is certainly no smaller than it was in August 2001 when you started life in the basement. In fact, looking at our respective Stadiums and crowds plus actual investment by our owners, it's clear the 'gap' is far bigger now. Bolton fans will know this after their visit to Chernobyl last night, Villa fans who came to the Mem pre season will realise it next week when they come to AG. 

If you're just going to focus on the League table then Fleetwood and Bury are closer to us than you. You've got the club you deserve...

image.jpeg

I see that the Bolton game was the match which "celebrated" the 20th anniversary of the gas playing at the former rugby ground, which they then pirated solely for their own benefit just two years later. Time flies. As these pics show, they've really made some changes under their stewardship. These days it's hardly unrecognisable from that which they stole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I see that the Bolton game was the match which "celebrated" the 20th anniversary of the gas playing at the former rugby ground, which they then pirated solely for their own benefit just two years later. Time flies. As these pics show, they've really made some changes under their stewardship. These days it's hardly unrecognisable from that which they stole.

A bit harsh methinks, you didn't mention the canopy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

Beaten by Scunthorpe, who were on the verge of the playoffs last season.

Beaten by Bolton, who were two divisions above us in May.

Beat Oxford, who finished above us and were tipped to do well in L1.

Beat Cardiff.  Your rivals, who do better than you.

Not brilliant, but not bad.

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that.

I'm not trying to big us up, but just hoping that some more reasonable posters on here might see that what we have achieved in the past two years is actually pretty impressive.  We're not going to storm League 1 as you did, but to be where we are now compared to May 2014 is something to be a little "prowed" of.

A bit like Chlamydia then?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

image.jpeg

#EvolutionNotRevolution :clapping:

25 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Shouldn't you be in bed Phil?? You have to be up in 8 hours to post on here again!

He checks this place last thing at night and first thing in the morning.  Pretty much like myself and many others.  Come out of the closet Phil. There is a nice real actual seat waiting for you in the Lansdown Stand. They are really comfortable. You will also be able to access the fans village pre match and enjoy a nice beer/cider in the sun with a big screen to watch and sports action.  There is also plenty of food outlets dotted about.  Or if you prefer you could go into our fantastic sports bar which went viral during the Euros. You may have seen that already? Inside there is an even bigger screen,  the biggest pub screen in the UK. If you are feeling peckish you can sit down and have a meal. 

Inside our horse shoe shaped concourses you can walk completely through.  You will find some artwork on display in the SS of our club legends.  You will find many food and drink outlets in the concourses,  there is even free WiFi in the concourse.  There are many TV's to watch the early kick offs and it shows our game during the game.  Quite handy if you need a pee. 

Oh please excuse my ignorance, I am not sure if you know what a concourse is? Considering Charnoboyl doesn't have any. 

If you have the budget I can give you details of all our hospitality suits and boxes? 

Oh and we are soon to have a further two extra big screens installed in the stadium which will go rather nicely with our new electronic advertising boards. 

I look forward to showing you around all our facilities and welcoming you to the home of Bristol Championship football. 

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Griffin said:

About a month ago someone posted a lengthy essay explaining how rovers acquired the mem, which I can't find, can anyone help me find it?

I have the condensed version. 

They stole stole it from the Rugby club at a time when they were struggling. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

He checks this place last thing at night and first thing in the morning.  Pretty much like myself and many others.  Come out of the closet Phil. There is a nice real actual seat waiting for you in the Lansdown Stand. They are really comfortable. You will also be able to access the fans village pre match and enjoy a nice beer/cider in the sun with a big screen to watch and sports action.  There is also plenty of food outlets dotted about.  Or if you prefer you could go into our fantastic sports bar which went viral during the Euros. You may have seen that already? Inside there is an even bigger screen,  the biggest pub screen in the UK. If you are feeling peckish you can sit down and have a meal. 

Inside our horse shoe shaped concourses you can walk completely through.  You will find some artwork on display in the SS of our club legends.  You will find many food and drink outlets in the concourses,  there is even free WiFi in the concourse.  There are many TV's to watch the early kick offs and it shows our game during the game.  Quite handy if you need a pee. 

Oh please excuse my ignorance, I am not sure if you know what a concourse is? Considering Charnoboyl doesn't have any. 

If you have the budget I can give you details of all our hospitality suits and boxes? 

Oh and we are soon to have a further two extra big screens installed in the stadium which will go rather nicely with our new electronic advertising boards. 

I look forward to showing you around all our facilities and welcoming you to the home of Bristol Championship football. 

When you put it like that ...........................  mind the chasm!!!

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Ha ha love it .. but no I'd rather be at the mem  standing up with our A1 facilities etc ... you're only jealous. . Ha ..

7 hours ago, Griffin said:

Shouldn't you be in bed Phil?? You have to be up in 8 hours to post on here again!

they have previous with trying to steel grounds, they did the same in 1982 but without success because no matter how bad it was with the people we had in charge, we werent stupid and safe guarded the gate, which is one of the reason ashton gate is separate to Bristol City 

6 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Can I ask you a question @Philgas? I'm gonna ask it anyway, you can all answer. If City sold Ashton Gate to you lot in 82, do you think you'd be in a better place than you are now? countless ground shares and ground moves, what positives has it brang and what negatives?   

Phil would now be a West Tent season ticket holder.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Griffin said:

If I was to have checked who was viewing this thread at 7am £10 would say you were one of them :thumbsup:

Just cracked open his first can of the day prob sat on his sofa in his tracksuit bottoms.

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Can I ask you a question @Philgas? I'm gonna ask it anyway, you can all answer. If City sold Ashton Gate to you lot in 82, do you think you'd be in a better place than you are now? countless ground shares and ground moves, what positives has it brang and what negatives?   

We'd probably be European Champions. .. Top Of The Premiership And Holders Of The Gloucester Cup. ... we'd of United Together Keeping The Bristol  ( your part ) ... And Kept The Rovers. . Forming An Amazing Amalgamation. ... 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philgas said:

We'd probably be European Champions. .. Top Of The Premiership And Holders Of The Gloucester Cup. ... we'd of United Together Keeping The Bristol  ( your part ) ... And Kept The Rovers. . Forming An Amazing Amalgamation. ... 

Phil, you're a diehard Rovers fan with a (not so) secret crush on City.  How many times have you been to the Gate in disguise to watch a game?