IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Radio Bristol, biased bastards said " Rovers stay 16th"...I think you'll find they're 17th !

Bet they mentioned that they haven't won a game yet this season over 90 minutes against 11 men..

What, they didn't?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Dopey Darrell says 3-4 in before end of month. Presumably with a multi trillionaire they'll break their record transfer fee. It's only been standing for 24 years

The money we're receiving for the Bolaise sell on clause is almost certainly more than the total they've spent on players in the whole of their miserable history.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So, to summarise their season so far;

Stuffed by Scunthorpe

Beat Oxford who got beaten by Fleetwood tonight and look like they`re going straight back down

Beaten at home by a team we beat 6-0

To be more precise:

Beaten by Scunthorpe, who were on the verge of the playoffs last season.

Beaten by Bolton, who were two divisions above us in May.

Beat Oxford, who finished above us and were tipped to do well in L1.

Beat Cardiff.  Your rivals, who do better than you.

Not brilliant, but not bad.

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that.

I'm not trying to big us up, but just hoping that some more reasonable posters on here might see that what we have achieved in the past two years is actually pretty impressive.  We're not going to storm League 1 as you did, but to be where we are now compared to May 2014 is something to be a little "prowed" of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that.

I'm not trying to big us up, but just hoping that some more reasonable posters on here might see that what we have achieved in the past two years is actually pretty impressive.  We're not going to storm League 1 as you did, but to be where we are now compared to May 2014 is something to be a little "prowed" of.

Enjoy your trip to saffend at the weekend. Have a poke of whelks on us.

2 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

But according to you lot, you're coming for us . Constantly over exaggerate how amazing your fan base is when in reality it ain't is it. You wouldn't get so much shit from us if you didn't believe your own hype. #gaslogic #ticktock

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Some perspective, for the small club they are. Two crowds of over 9k is pretty impressive. Last time they were in that division they averaged around 6k I think!

Last time they were there, Esther Rantzenhad a high profile charity encouraging kids to report mistreatment.

Coincidence? I think not. 

15 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that

Yes but in a City of around half a million people, with hundreds of thousands more in accessible surrounding areas, 9,000 is pathetic. You can't seriously be comparing Bristol to places like Blackpool, Chesterfield, Southend and Walsall where your attendances are concerned?! 

Blackpool, for example, averaged over 7,000 in League One last season in a relegation campaign with all their 'issues' - but their population is less than 150,000 - that makes your 9,000 look incredibly paltry.

And the others get bigger crowds than you in 'real terms' too.

And for the record, we are currently getting around 14,000 more than you at home games....and I still think our crowds are nothing to write home about given our population.

"Print that b@stard" DC....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

You got relegated out of the football league, absolutely pathetic for the club with the best fans in the country. Clawing your way back into the league and then scraping your way out of league 2 by the skin of your teeth is about even par I would say. Perhaps quietly content with being back where you started is appropriate as opposed to proud, sorry prowed

10 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Some perspective, for the small club they are. Two crowds of over 9k is pretty impressive. Last time they were in that division they averaged around 6k I think!

Back to back promotions always have that effect, you see it with other teams and then after season or two the crowds drop again.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

Beat by Scunthorpe who weren't good enough to break the top 6 and thus solid league one side

Beat by Bolton who are in free-for-all following a double drop - see how low Pompey went 

Beat Oxford who have been asset stripped and not replaced when they were reduced to 10  

Beat Cardiff reserves, over 120 minutes not 90, following a wonder strike with limited replication, when Cardiff knew they were up for an away trip at Scunthorpe whilst you knew Chelsea away was in the offering. A Cardiff side who have yet to score for themselves this season 390 minutes in including extra time v BRFC  

And 8,200 home supporters in your first home league game at this level for many a year after double promotion. 

But don't disagree with anything in the last para. All I would suggest is that this month so far does demonstrate investment is very much needed. 

Edited by Guest