IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Philgas said:

We'd probably be European Champions. .. Top Of The Premiership And Holders Of The Gloucester Cup. ... we'd of United Together Keeping The Bristol  ( your part ) ... And Kept The Rovers. . Forming An Amazing Amalgamation. ... 

Holders of the Gloucester cup,in your dreams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super said:

Just cracked open his first can of the day prob sat on his sofa in his tracksuit bottoms.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

1280x720-KF5.jpg

6 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Or more likely sat on the sofa 'Cracking' one off.

Well it was like this .. first 1 @ 7-8am  then breakfast  ( free as I train the owner ) .. then 9-12 with a class .. break now till 12.30 then non stop through till 7pm then home then I shall definitely crack open a few .. There ya go that's my day .. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Super said:

Is there anything they can claim over us?

Of course not, however that won't stop them completely making things up. 

Better support, Richer owner, in their new stadium before we are, more loyal, coming for us, blah blah blah. 

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

realization is finally sinking in,

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7944/new-signing  

Some have known from the start.

4 Responses to “The Al-Qadi Investors – What we know

• The accounts show the bank with profits after tax of 24m Jordanian dinars, roughly the same in pounds. That is not a lot for a bank. Our guy owns 4% . A quick Google search puts his holdings worth USD 22m. Say £16m. So not a billionaire. The bank only pays 12m in total salaries so he’s not getting wealth that way. The total net assets of the bank are 250m dinar. The estimated market value per a Google search is 300m dinar. It is a tiny bank.

I am really struggling to see why our guy is seen as a billionaire. I am delighted he is on board. He appears passionate, he has some money but not substantial amounts.

•  

I too am airing on the side of caution when it comes to the claimed ‘billions’. I get the impression the BBC and ITV etc are sensationalizing it, as you’d expect. But I do think he has a little more than you’ve suggested… if he seriously does only have what you’ve said, that’s a little worrying.

That said, I’m incredibly happy with him as a person and think we’ve ‘got a good one’ here. FTG!

•  

Oh , also had a look at the Tourism company accounts. That company has net assets of £50m , let’s say a market value of £100m. The family owns about 30% . That includes our guys holding of 4 %.

I should have added to my first post that the family only owns 30% of the bank.

So I make it that the value of the family’s banking and tourism business is about £130m of which our guy has about £20m

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Some have known from the start.

4 Responses to “The Al-Qadi Investors – What we know

• The accounts show the bank with profits after tax of 24m Jordanian dinars, roughly the same in pounds. That is not a lot for a bank. Our guy owns 4% . A quick Google search puts his holdings worth USD 22m. Say £16m. So not a billionaire. The bank only pays 12m in total salaries so he’s not getting wealth that way. The total net assets of the bank are 250m dinar. The estimated market value per a Google search is 300m dinar. It is a tiny bank.

I am really struggling to see why our guy is seen as a billionaire. I am delighted he is on board. He appears passionate, he has some money but not substantial amounts.

•  

I too am airing on the side of caution when it comes to the claimed ‘billions’. I get the impression the BBC and ITV etc are sensationalizing it, as you’d expect. But I do think he has a little more than you’ve suggested… if he seriously does only have what you’ve said, that’s a little worrying.

That said, I’m incredibly happy with him as a person and think we’ve ‘got a good one’ here. FTG!

•  

Oh , also had a look at the Tourism company accounts. That company has net assets of £50m , let’s say a market value of £100m. The family owns about 30% . That includes our guys holding of 4 %.

I should have added to my first post that the family only owns 30% of the bank.

So I make it that the value of the family’s banking and tourism business is about £130m of which our guy has about £20m

4% of 24 million is 960K, and 4% of 50 million is 2 million,

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Well it was like this .. first 1 @ 7-8am  then breakfast  ( free as I train the owner ) .. then 9-12 with a class .. break now till 12.30 then non stop through till 7pm then home then I shall definitely crack open a few .. There ya go that's my day .. 

So basically all day you self pleasure yourself whilst reading OTIB?? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

realization is finally sinking in,

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/7944/new-signing  

and yet, and yet.........

32 minutes ago via mobile Jon the Stripe and okebournegas like this

2 hours ago KippoGas said:

Wael's wallet is empty.

Post by socrates on 32 minutes ago
"I doubt it his family are billionaires and they've bought the club not Wael individually from what I can gather.
DC will strengthen the squad but he won't bring in a player over another player just because he's a name or costs more which I'm glad of.
Any new players need to fit the Darrell Clarke way and I'm happy with that."

Just now, Port Said Red said:

and yet, and yet.........

32 minutes ago via mobile Jon the Stripe and okebournegas like this

2 hours ago KippoGas said:

Wael's wallet is empty.

Post by socrates on 32 minutes ago
"I doubt it his family are billionaires and they've bought the club not Wael individually from what I can gather.
DC will strengthen the squad but he won't bring in a player over another player just because he's a name or costs more which I'm glad of.
Any new players need to fit the Darrell Clarke way and I'm happy with that."

That Socrates chap seems like the sort of dunce who no matter how many times you told him how to do something he would still ask "how do I do that?". 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That Socrates chap seems like the sort of dunce who no matter how many times you told him how to do something he would still ask "how do I do that?". 

So you think his username refers to the ex-Brazilian captain rather than being an ironic nod to this man?

Socrates

Philosopher

Socrates was a classical Greek philosopher credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy. He is an enigmatic figure known chiefly through the accounts of classical writers, especially the writings of his students Plato and Xenophon and the plays of his contemporary Aristophanes. Plato's dialogues are among the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity

:cool:

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So you think his username refers to the ex-Brazilian captain rather than being an ironic nod to this man?

Socrates

Philosopher

Socrates was a classical Greek philosopher credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy. He is an enigmatic figure known chiefly through the accounts of classical writers, especially the writings of his students Plato and Xenophon and the plays of his contemporary Aristophanes. Plato's dialogues are among the most comprehensive accounts of Socrates to survive from antiquity

:cool:

Neither, a nod to a question he once asked. "So, crates, what are they used for?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course not, however that won't stop them completely making things up. 

Better support, Richer owner, in their new stadium before we are, more loyal, coming for us, blah blah blah. 

And Its Bristol Rovers. .. Bristol Rovers FC .. We're By Far The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen .. So There ..