IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

Beaten by Scunthorpe, who were on the verge of the playoffs last season.

Beaten by Bolton, who were two divisions above us in May.

Beat Oxford, who finished above us and were tipped to do well in L1.

Beat Cardiff.  Your rivals, who do better than you.

Not brilliant, but not bad.

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that.

I'm not trying to big us up, but just hoping that some more reasonable posters on here might see that what we have achieved in the past two years is actually pretty impressive.  We're not going to storm League 1 as you did, but to be where we are now compared to May 2014 is something to be a little "prowed" of.

I think you make a very good point. 

9000 is outstanding.

Granted, 6 thousand of those are people who can't believe your ground is a tent and are on a day trip (think 'seeing is believing') - the rest are made up of social studies students researching poverty and the sheep who blindly follow a leader who promises the earth but delivers nothing.

Kimmy Boy in North Korea has spent more money on hopeless causes than Wally has.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

And as for calling 9,000 in League 1 "pathetic", the vast majority of clubs in that league would bite your hand off for an attendance like that.

I'm not trying to big us up, but just hoping that some more reasonable posters on here might see that what we have achieved in the past two years is actually pretty impressive.  We're not going to storm League 1 as you did, but to be where we are now compared to May 2014 is something to be a little "prowed" of.

You've had one impressive season. Well done.

But don't come on here and expect us to be "prowed" for you.

On a seperate note, it's interesting to see that in the footballing "backwater" of ours, we have 30,000 people attending home matches this week. 

It makes you wonder how big Bristol, as a one club city, could be. 

Of course I'm not even remotely suggesting the ludicrous merger idea, but the sooner Rovers crawl away & die, the better. 

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

On a seperate note, it's interesting to see that in the footballing "backwater" of ours, we have 30,000 people attending home matches this week. 

It makes you wonder how big Bristol, as a one club city, could be. 

Of course I'm not even remotely suggesting the ludicrous merger idea, but the sooner Rovers crawl away & die, the better. 

I went to Norwich yesterday.  It must be great to live in a City which gets behind the one team.  It wouldn't be too bad if the sags actually made a positive contribution to Bristol, but throughout their history they have lived nothing more than a parasitical existence. 

• Like 4

Just back from Rovers. Actually seen them before City this year as I was on holiday for Wigan. 

When with a mate who is a huge Bolton fan so was on the terrace. Forgot how much of a shithole the Memorial is, a complete hodge podge of tents, sheds and that odd semi stand with box type things in it. 

Match was pretty dire, Rovers were woeful and Bolton didn't offer much but we're never really put under pressure. Amazing free kick from Spearing mind. Atmosphere was woeful from both sides, Rovers were bad, didn't hear them once apart from that God awful Irene thingy after their goal. 

Pie was alright, bit small. Miss those chicken and balti you used to get in the Dolman. 

Oh the gremlin came on, Cloughy, what's the score? Etc. Good play from him but devoid of confidence in front of goal. 

But yeah, overriding feeling is how shit the ground is, really really bad, not that close to full either which was a suprise considering they take 15000 to Woking.

Edited by Chairman Mao
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, boatman said:

Just found this gem on a Rovers Facebook page.

Wish I was able to go to not only the Chelsea game but every time the Gas play. Some people might think I am a part-time supporter ...... Let me explain.....
I went to my first game when I was just six weeks old. My Mum was ill and asked my Dad to miss the footy and look after me but my Pop had different idea. He wrapped me up in his coat and off we went to Eastville. He had the cheek to give me to the tea lady so he could enjoy the game without me crying .
Since then it has always been me and my Dad's special time . As I got older I went with him all over the country and I especially loved our trips to Twerton ( even if this meant I had to walk miles as he refused to pay car parking fees and I had to sit outside pubs in all weather with my soft drink and packet of crisps)

Am surprised social services are not asking a few questions.

"Me and my dad's special time"....not at all weird sounding...

51 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Just back from Rovers. Actually seen them before City this year as I was on holiday for Wigan. 

When with a mate who is a huge Bolton fan so was on the terrace. Forgot how much of a shithole the Memorial is, a complete hodge podge of tents, sheds and that odd semi stand with box type things in it. 

Match was pretty dire, Rovers were woeful and Bolton didn't offer much but we're never really put under pressure. Amazing free kick from Spearing mind. Atmosphere was woeful from both sides, Rovers were bad, didn't hear them once apart from that God awful Irene thingy after their goal. 

Pie was alright, bit small. Miss those chicken and balti you used to get in the Dolman. 

Oh the gremlin came on, Cloughy, what's the score? Etc. Good play from him but devoid of confidence in front of goal. 

But yeah, overriding feeling is how shit the ground is, really really bad, not that close to full either which was a suprise considering they take 15000 to Woking.

City fans in the away end. They were right all along.:disapointed2se:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

Thanks for your kind complement but I don't. It really isn't.

A Swansea fan mate of mine and myself went in the Bolton end tonight. Really had forgotten what an absolute shytehole that "ground" is. Bolton looked good first half to be fair, a cracking goal from Jay Spearing who looked very good.

Awful refereeing who gave every 50/50 in favour of the defender, which more often than not, was some G*s centre half against Gary Madine or Proctor. 

Ellis the Red looked pretty handy but on the whole, Rovers were very drab. That said, if Bolton play like they did the second half, they don't stand a chance of getting out of that league. Invited pressure and couldn't keep the ball. Didn't fight in the middle and let every 2nd ball fall to a blue and white shirt.

In other news, Zac Clough had a couple of handy runs but nothing more. Worked out well that we didn't sign him - couldn't even get into the starting line up and when he did come on he was pushed back into attacking midfield behind Madine. Oh, and Bolton fans - despite bringing a fair few - are terrible at creating an atmosphere.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To be more precise:

Yes.  To be fair you did give us enormous hilarity by losing first the "never been in top, never been in the bottom" boast (whilst we had famously been in Div 4) and then topping it with losing league status entirely.  All garnished by horse pucnhing, wonga loans and the rubbish spouted by Higgs about watertight contracts.

But since then you have achieved a lot in two seasons and can be prowed of that.

Football is all ups and downs and without the lows as contrast you don't enjoy the highs; and you had the most spectacular down since Tranmere who I note are now rdiing top of the Conference.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes.  To be fair you did give us enormous hilarity by losing first the "never been in top, never been in the bottom" boast (whilst we had famously been in Div 4) and then topping it with losing league status entirely.  All garnished by horse pucnhing, wonga loans and the rubbish spouted by Higgs about watertight contracts.

But since then you have achieved a lot in two seasons and can be prowed of that.

Football is all ups and downs and without the lows as contrast you don't enjoy the highs; and you had the most spectacular down since Tranmere who I note are now rdiing top of the Conference.

Frankly you'd have to be in a coma not to laugh at all that .

• Admin
11 hours ago, BRFC_Gas said:

...and yet you find yourselves a massive one division ahead of us, well done!

The gap now is comfortably shorter than the one between Scott Murray's teeth, saying that even when we were in the Bananarama the gap was probably still smaller than that.

Yeah valid point - we are on a par with Man Utd, after all they are only one division away

• Like 9

The gap now is comfortably shorter than the one between Scott Murray's teeth, saying that even when we were in the Bananarama the gap was probably still smaller than that.

Not as big as the gap in your arse, when you were backscuttled by your brother.

• Like 4

You know what I really don't mind you lot coming on here. But you and your personal insults of a club legend can **** off back to the Banarama.

• Like 6

If you think the 'Gap' is based only on what division we are playing in, you are as deluded as the rest of your lot. There would still be a 'Gap' between the 2 sides even if we were in the same division.

Anyway, i feel 'Gulf' is more appropriate these days. Once your established in the league above, filled your team with genuine quality and provided top facilities for fans and players like, please come back and tell us wont you.

• Like 5