IGNORED

Timm Klose - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Sarumred said:

Reading the article on Bristol Live, my main concern is his lack of fitness and problems with his knees. Is he capable of playing three games in a week? Possibly not.

He played a full season at Basel in 20/21.  So he’s missed 6 months admittedly, but no recurrence since returning post-Covid break.  Fingers crossed.

Assuming wages won’t be that high….can see a 6+12 offer being made.  Buys us time til the summer.

505BB12E-85F1-48F7-A19D-EFCC6027323E.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sarumred said:

Reading the article on Bristol Live, my main concern is his lack of fitness and problems with his knees. Is he capable of playing three games in a week? Possibly not.

Maybe not, but not sure how often that will apply now.

Looking at the remaining 18 fixtures we only have 4 night games, plus Easter where we play twice in 3 days, sensible management of him should see us cope, if Kalas, Atkinson, Vyner & Pring remain with similar availability records to now.

Essentially if he signs he replaces Baker, who we believe has no prospect of playing again this term.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He played a full season at Basel in 20/21.  So he’s missed 6 months admittedly, but no recurrence since returning post-Covid break.  Fingers crossed.

Assuming wages won’t be that high….can see a 6+12 offer being made.  Buys us time til the summer.

505BB12E-85F1-48F7-A19D-EFCC6027323E.jpeg

Scottish Premiership not much better than League 1?

There's lot to like about Klose. Excellent pedigree, good on the ball, good in the air, he's a leader and a great pro. That should help our young squad and with Nige's vision to drive up professionalism, but the two knee operations and his age (34 in May) are concerns IMO. Six-month deal would make sense. 

Edited by tin
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe not, but not sure how often that will apply now.

Looking at the remaining 18 fixtures we only have 4 night games, plus Easter where we play twice in 3 days, sensible management of him should see us cope, if Kalas, Atkinson, Vyner & Pring remain with similar availability records to now.

Essentially if he signs he replaces Baker, who we believe has no prospect of playing again this term.

Also . if he comes in , it gives us a chance to push cam out to wing back . Either strengthening the bench or using O’dowda in a midfield role 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 15:54, MichaelRobartes said:

I remember him mostly being good for Norwich in the Championship but I watch quite a bit of Swiss Super League and he really didn't look great for Basel in most of the matches I saw. Admittedly not helped by the fact that they were an absolute shambles last season.

Experience playing amid an absolute shambles should suit us down to the ground.

• Like 1