IGNORED

Timm Klose - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Davefevs

15 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Decent player back in his day but would seem to me another odd signing that the club shouldn't be making. Henriksen, Williams, Brunt, etc etc.

We’ve got no money . A  very good defender at our level is available . Possibly to cover baker for the rest of the season. Who would you get in who’d be a better fit at the moment. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’ve got no money . A  very good defender at our level is available . Possibly to cover baker for the rest of the season. Who would you get in who’d be a better fit at the moment. 

Is he still a very good defender at our level? I assume there’s a reason he’s been out of English football and with no club at all this season. 

BUT as you say, we’re skint. 

Just now, Rocky said:

Is he still a very good defender at our level? I assume there’s a reason he’s been out of English football and with no club at all this season. 

BUT as you say, we’re skint. 

There’s dozens of good players without a club & he could of been holding out for a club in the top flight. He’s only 33 , that’s nothing considering how well players look after themselves these days, especially for a centre half  . He played 30 times for Basel last season 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The sort of signing I could understand if we were in danger of relegation. We aren’t so what’s the point? We are building over 2 years ish by which point he will be retired.  So much money wasted over the years on players who are here for five minutes.  

Two injuries to central defenders would leave us buggered!  Cover is insurance!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Decent player back in his day but would seem to me another odd signing that the club shouldn't be making. Henriksen, Williams, Brunt, etc etc.

Agree in principle, but arguably Williams did a job.

There is the ‘this is the type of player we would like to sign or loan’ vision. There is then the practicality of where we are right now. The area we are horribly exposed is CB. An injury to Kalas is not even worth thinking about.

If he is fit enough and judged up for it, it seems to make a lot of sense as insurance. Even if he ends up unused because everyone else stays fit and in form then I would still see the sense of it right now.

58 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yep, this is the worry and not in the 3 year plan surely.

But this is the one position I feel we should be looking at experience, so considering the Baker injury this might be a decent stop gap.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Rather recall Taylor Moore. We aren’t going down so this signing serves little purpose 

Not on the bus = no chance.

3 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Yep, this is the worry and not in the 3 year plan surely.

But this is the one position I feel we should be looking at experience, so considering the Baker injury this might be a decent stop gap.

Not on the bus = no chance.

Didn’t say there was a chance. Would rather Cundy played as well. Spending £100-250k on a 33 year old when we are skint and in no danger of going down is odd. 

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The sort of signing I could understand if we were in danger of relegation. We aren’t so what’s the point? We are building over 2 years ish by which point he will be retired.  So much money wasted over the years on players who are here for five minutes.  

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Rather recall Taylor Moore. We aren’t going down so this signing serves little purpose 

Normally would agree but if we signed no one, then Kalas got injured in the first game after the window closed, we’d be buggered.

Moore was told this summer he had no future with us, he won’t be back now bar some unforeseen crisis, he isn’t part of our plans.

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Didn’t say there was a chance. Would rather Cundy played as well. Spending £100-250k on a 33 year old when we are skint and in no danger of going down is odd. 

He’s completely unproven, alongside Vyner, Atkinson or Pring for an extended spell that’s a big gamble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Normally would agree but if we signed no one, then Kalas got injured in the first game after the window closed, we’d be buggered.

Moore was told this summer he had no future with us, he won’t be back now bar some unforeseen crisis, he isn’t part of our plans.

We still wouldn’t go down in my opinion so it’s a waste of money 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Oh I agree with you and definitely not what we should be doing BUT if it is to happen this is the one position I think we do need the experience.

I would rather we spent nothing at all. Played squad members and youngsters before reassessing in the Summer when we might be able to persuade some players to leave (subject to offers) and then continue with the 3 year plan.

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We still wouldn’t go down in my opinion so it’s a waste of money 

I’m a super optimist, so I don’t think so either, but a horrible run of results if Kalas got injured could make it closer than we’d like, especially if Derby keep winning.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

What’s so urgent if we aren’t going down?

I think we need another 20 points before you can start saying we are not going down.

If Kalas got injured that would leave us with Vyner (god help us)  Atkinson (Naive) and the unproven Cundy so i think this makes a lot of sense

• Like 2