IGNORED

Timm Klose - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Davefevs

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

According to Footystats.........he scores a goal every 1216 minutes, so we will have to be patient?  Norwich paid £7 mill for him 6 years ago....so if he retains his fitness, he definitely has ability?

Just as well we've not signed him to play up front then really.

Edited by Northern Red

Has been a great player at Championship level in the past so worth a punt. However has had serious knee injuries and can't run as fast since he had those problems. In the past we've signed previously good defenders with fitness issues and it hasn't worked out but I suppose Nige hasn't got many options at present so let's hope he can play a part for the rest of the season, our defence certainly needs some help.

Welcome Timm.

Quite happy with this- the only caveat is, let's hope he doesn't get injured but beyond that this seems a useful addition. 6 months, hopefully not too expensive- experienced but not too old. Maybe another year if all went well and favourable terms?

Bristol Post in terms of what to expect said he can be good on the ball ie bringing the ball out and he looks quite tall, could be useful at defending set pieces etc? It also suggested that he is best suited to a back 4.

Atkinson, Cundy, Towler and Vyner can all learn from him a bit?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Given his lack of games, let’s hope he is ready to hit the ground running and it isn’t one of these that we are hearing about lack of fitness being an issue when March comes around 

He’s been training with FC Basel all season, so that’s encouraging.  Obviously not played games though.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Puts paid to the “2 year deal” nonsense from a certain journalist.

Sensible move all round, we don’t commit if it doesn’t work out & he puts himself in the shop window if it does.

Pretty sure Gregor picked that up from a WhatsApp group, eh @petehinton?

I said it had to be bollocks, because you can’t do a 2 year deal in January, it can only be 6, 18, 30, etc deals.  

32 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You got the nod, didn't you?

Haha, no….but 2+2 did indeed equal 4 from what I heard earlier.  I actually did my charts before I heard that, but I had a feeling it would happen.

• Like 1

I’m sure our new friends in Suffolk are absolutely delighted that we’ve signed him.

Still crying over his 95th minute equaliser against them from 2018..

I thought he spoke well, excellent English as you would expect & our first ever Swiss player, I think.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s been training with FC Basel all season, so that’s encouraging.  Obviously not played games though.

Pretty sure Gregor picked that up from a WhatsApp group, eh @petehinton?

I said it had to be bollocks, because you can’t do a 2 year deal in January, it can only be 6, 18, 30, etc deals.  

Haha, no….but 2+2 did indeed equal 4 from what I heard earlier.  I actually did my charts before I heard that, but I had a feeling it would happen.

I prefer not to speak ????

• Haha 1