IGNORED

Timm Klose - SIGNING CONFIRMED

Davefevs

Just now, westonred said:

I think we need another 20 points before you can start saying we are not going down.

If Kalas got injured that would leave us with Vyner (god help us)  Atkinson (Naive) and the unproven Cundy so i think this makes a lot of sense

Definitely don’t need 20 more points. Relegation will be less than 47 points 

17 points from 20 games. We will be fine 

• Like 3

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Definitely don’t need 20 more points. Relegation will be less than 47 points 

17 points from 20 games. We will be fine 

I hope your right but as you know we can't defend set pieces and leak goals for a pass time, other teams know this and will punish us without any height and experience at the back

13 minutes ago, westonred said:

I hope your right but as you know we can't defend set pieces and leak goals for a pass time, other teams know this and will punish us without any height and experience at the back

Peterborough reading are worse then us Derby are miles behind, we will be fine

55 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Yep, this is the worry and not in the 3 year plan surely.

But this is the one position I feel we should be looking at experience, so considering the Baker injury this might be a decent stop gap.

Not on the bus = no chance.

Here you go with your lies and nonsense again. Taylor Moore being out on loan has nothing to do with him not being “on the bus”

Also, please remember to put “IMO” after every single thing you post. We don’t want to get fact confused with opinion. 

Edited by SBB
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Peterborough reading are worse then us Derby are miles behind, we will be fine

If we continue as we are and those below us also. 
I don’t think we will go down either but as we all know confidence is key in sport and it only takes three or four bad / unlucky results to start a downward spiral that can be very difficult to halt.

This lad could be on the same wages as Bakoffson thus changing nothing but experience. If he’s fit enough then it looks a sensible decision.

• Like 1

And if he comes in, looks classy, hasn't cost a mint and contributes around the club people will be saying what a great signing.
I don't think we'll go down either but it'll be nice to go into next season with some momentum. Starting the season on the back of a load of defeats and other teams points deductions can't be great for confidence I suppose.
It's all about value for money.... and trust. Does Nige trust Cundy, Atkinson and Pring if Kalas gets injured? Most definitely not so if in his judgement he's getting a safety net in that's fine by me.

• Like 2

Isn’t a waste at all to bring in someone like this. Has to be a view to a longer deal for me though. See how he gets on this season and have an extension in place if does well. Makes us better for next season too if so and his agent will know our finances as do we. So doubtful be an expensive contract. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, !james said:

Gregor has been reading otib this morning then! 

On the ball with his exclusives as ever!!

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

The sort of signing I could understand if we were in danger of relegation. We aren’t so what’s the point? We are building over 2 years ish by which point he will be retired.  So much money wasted over the years on players who are here for five minutes.  

We're not out of it yet. A bad run of results (quite possible with us in the past 18 months or so) could see us sucked in towards the end of the season.

Atkinson, Cundy, Vyner, even Kalas to an extent, could learn a hell of a lot from someone like him, and his experience would be invaluable.

Ashley Williams wasn't everyone's cup of tea when we signed him, but he did a job when we were struggling for cover, and he was older!!

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Makes it a bit more feasible,

Has he playing u23 games?

Would have thought not, as someone would have picked up on it. The game last week had a triailist playing for us, but people were saying it was the youngish  guy from Southampton who's name I forget at the moment.

Any behind doors games recently? Would no doubt have been playing with/against the first team in training games though?

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

On the ball with his exclusives as ever!!

We're not out of it yet. A bad run of results (quite possible with us in the past 18 months or so) could see us sucked in towards the end of the season.

Atkinson, Cundy, Vyner, even Kalas to an extent, could learn a hell of a lot from someone like him, and his experience would be invaluable.

Ashley Williams wasn't everyone's cup of tea when we signed him, but he did a job when we were struggling for cover, and he was older!!

Would have thought not, as someone would have picked up on it. The game last week had a triailist playing for us, but people were saying it was the youngish  guy from Southampton who's name I forget at the moment.

Any behind doors games recently? Would no doubt have been playing with/against the first team in training games though?

Disagree. We are out of it and will be fine. Much improved, picking up points and a long way clear of some very poor sides now 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

Atkinson off injured today. We need someone quickly.

1 hour ago, Bodiesaffer said:

And that’s how quickly it can change

Today sums it up completely. We’ve only got three fit central defenders who have experience of playing at Championship level. Towler isn’t really up to it at present, Cundy is unproven at this level and isn’t remotely match fit. 

• Like 1