IGNORED

Nigel Press Conference Pre Swansea

And Its Smith

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Explain the figures to me- the ones where he'll walk away 'quids in'.

It's all in my initial posting.

And has been pointed out multiple times by more than one person.

Oh yeah - I forgot the multi-purpose indoor 6000 seater, 8,000 standing convention centre as well. What would that be worth?

Honestly MRR - you are one of the brighter posters on here, and you understand the point perfectly well.

To pretend otherwise does you a disservice.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure what thread this belongs in, but clicking on the link in the tweet didn't bring up a Paywall.

I like how he’s acting like some kind of hero for cleaning up his own mess. His investment into the club is fantastic but my god has he squandered a lot of money by making terrible decisions, then almost expects to be treated like the messiah just because he foots the bill. 

• Like 1

Just now, KegCity said:

I like how he’s acting like some kind of hero for cleaning up his own mess. His investment into the club is fantastic but my god has he squandered a lot of money by making terrible decisions, then almost expects to be treated like the messiah just because he foots the bill. 

Have you read the article behind the paywall? Without context it’s difficult to say whether he’s acting a ‘hero’ or not based on that extract. 

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have you read the article behind the paywall? Without context it’s difficult to say whether he’s acting a ‘hero’ or not based on that extract. 

I have, very grateful for Steve’s continued investment but moaning about the transfer market collapsing etc is a problem because of the flawed business model he implemented 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

It's all in my initial posting.

And has been pointed out multiple times by more than one person.

Oh yeah - I forgot the multi-purpose indoor 6000 seater, 8,000 standing convention centre as well. What would that be worth?

Honestly MRR - you are one of the brighter posters on here, and you understand the point perfectly well.

To pretend otherwise does you a disservice.

Thank for  the penultimate sentence.

So here's the thing about money and I've called this one out before when another poster stated similar, imo, fanciful talk of Lansdown making a fortune when he sells up.

You said of me:

"yet another one who cannot distinguish between the 225,000,000 quid spent on "Bristol City" over 20+ years, and the 750,000,000 quid the Lansdowns will make when they sell the ground, land, offices and shops. Oh and the hotels, and apartments and houses on the ex-brownland site...."

I want to know the breakdown of how he makes almost THREE QUARTERS OF A BILLION POUNDS profit from BCFC/BS? As Ashton Vale is no longer part of any stadium development and was bought with his own funds- what the hell has that got to do with us whether he makes profit or loss? Another poster even mentions his land in Botswana- again what possible relevance is this to the club? It is naive in the extreme to lump the Lansdown's assets/investments as if they were a direct result of Bristol Sport or somehow connected.

You have stated that SL will profit by three quarters of a billion pounds by selling Bristol Sport and I have asked for a breakdown of how this 750,000,000 is made rather than just a random figure to maintain a narrative. Steve is worth c. £1.7 billion and you have stated he's going to increase that by a third when he sells Bristol Sport. I say this is utter nonsense and delusional.

Please explain exactly how you arrive at these the figures and then please explain what assets you consider to be effectively as a direct result of Bristol sport.

Last time I asked this  a few weeks back - the poster went missing. I'm really interested in you posting these figures and will be even more interested in how you get hold of them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

I don't know how many times people have to repeat - we are paying rent to Lansdown to play in a stadium we used to own, and when all is sold (which has come a huge cropper just recently btw) SL will walk away quids in.

I believe that you are incorrect about City paying rent to play at Ashton Gate.

Before the advent of "Bristol Sport", City were the only club using the stadium. Thus all the ancillary services like stadium/pitch maintenance, ticket sales, refreshments, stewarding etc, were done by employees of BCFC.

But now all these functions are carried out by employees of Bristol Sport. Bristol City FC make a contribution to cover their share of these costs. As do Bristol Bears and probably Flyers basketball. So we almost certainly, pay less for this than we would have if we were still the only team using the stadium.

And because of the significant increase in income from sales, City are benefitting much more than they did. Income from hospitality is considerably more than it was before the stadium rebuild.

So to claim a negative that we pay rent to play at our stadium is incorrect. I also suspect that because FFP for EFL Clubs and Rugby Salary Cap rules are so different, that we get a significant, larger share of share of hospitality income than Bears.

The fact that the stadium is owned by Bristol City Holdings, a non trading company set up by Des Williams board after the 1982 fiasco, to ensure that never again would there be a risk of losing it via bankruptcy,

I know that SL is the major shareholder in all things City, Bears, Flyers and any others so he "owns" the stadium but it is still separate from any other company that uses the stadium.

PS. If any if the financial wizards on this Forum believe that the above fact are wrong, I'm very happy to be corrected

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I believe that you are incorrect about City paying rent to play at Ashton Gate.

Before the advent of "Bristol Sport", City were the only club using the stadium. Thus all the ancillary services like stadium/pitch maintenance, ticket sales, refreshments, stewarding etc, were done by employees of BCFC.

But now all these functions are carried out by employees of Bristol Sport. Bristol City FC make a contribution to cover their share of these costs. As do Bristol Bears and probably Flyers basketball. So we almost certainly, pay less for this than we would have if we were still the only team using the stadium.

And because of the significant increase in income from sales, City are benefitting much more than they did. Income from hospitality is considerably more than it was before the stadium rebuild.

So to claim a negative that we pay rent to play at our stadium is incorrect. I also suspect that because FFP for EFL Clubs and Rugby Salary Cap rules are so different, that we get a significant, larger share of share of hospitality income than Bears.

The fact that the stadium is owned by Bristol City Holdings, a non trading company set up by Des Williams board after the 1982 fiasco, to ensure that never again would there be a risk of losing it via bankruptcy,

I know that SL is the major shareholder in all things City, Bears, Flyers and any others so he "owns" the stadium but it is still separate from any other company that uses the stadium.

PS. If any if the financial wizards on this Forum believe that the above fact are wrong, I'm very happy to be corrected

No, Bristol City FC Limited do pay rent to Ashton Gate Limited for use of the stadium.  Bristol Bears Limited pay rent too.

Bristol City pay Bristol Sport for shared services like ticketing, marketing etc, like you say, but Bristol Sport Limited does not own Ashton Gate Limited, it is separate.

Thanks to @Coppellofor Pic1 and @ExiledAjaxfor pic 2

C5E3202E-B0A3-497E-A8DA-9B656D316309.jpeg

8F5535C3-93EE-45FE-9621-90277A3473F8.png

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, Bristol City FC Limited do pay rent to Ashton Gate Limited for use of the stadium.  Bristol Bears Limited pay rent too.

Bristol City pay Bristol Sport for shared services like ticketing, marketing etc, like you say, but Bristol Sport Limited does not own Ashton Gate Limited, it is separate.

Correct, I was told the same by the SLO on a stadium tour I did as part of a networking event.

Edited by Numero Uno

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Is it a rental in the accepted sense (like renting a house) or the costs that we would have incurred that are now done by Bristol Sport - former employees of City now employed by Bristol Sport to maintain stadium, ticket sales etc. I assume that EFL FFP rules will not allow a club to avoid these costs?

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Is it a rental in the accepted sense (like renting a house) or the costs that we would have incurred that are now done by Bristol Sport - former employees of City now employed by Bristol Sport to maintain stadium, ticket sales etc. I assume that EFL FFP rules will not allow a club to avoid these costs?

No, it’s bugger all to do with Bristol Sport…it’s a rental agreement between the football club and the stadium company.

They have over 300 employees that cost almost £5m in wages!!!

image.thumb.png.5a279bb310c05eba10dc1b058458be51.png

If employees of Bristol Sport provide any services to Ashton Gate Stadium or BCFC, then they will pay Bristol Sport for those services, whatever they may be.  We don’t avoid any costs by the set-up we use.  We do benefit from reduced costs thatthe efficiency / economies of scale BS can provide by its multi-sport services, e.g. ticketing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1