IGNORED

Timm Klose

Robbored

1 hour ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

Dasilva was often quite advanced. That meant the pass from Klose had to be accurate to avoid being intercepted and that Klose had to trust JD to control the ball in a tight space between the touch line and a couple of players - the forward dropping back and their right sided midfielder / full-back. Basically the pass was slightly riskier. As well as not passing out to Dasilva, it also meant that often when the pass did come, it was behind him which meant the ball getting recycled back.

With more games like last night, Klose is going to increasingly trust that Dasilva can look after the ball reliably in small pockets and may choose to play to him more often. And if he doesn't, Jay will have to drop deeper to make the pass feel less risky to Klose.

Spot on.

47 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The difference second half was that Martin went back through the middle which gave us a focal point. First half he was playing from the left hand side with Semenyo through the middle. For all of his good performances recently Antoine couldn't keep hold of the ball in the first half. Much more involved second half when reverting to the wide forward role.

Another spot on too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

I thought he took a knock or two and appeared to be struggling for a while, the bench had Vyner up and warming up.

I've seen all the games he's played since he joined and have been very impressed. Thankfully he was able to continue.

Yeah definitely took a whack just before half time and was struggling a little.

Coventry did their homework and did a fantastic job on us in the first half. Restricted any forward passes, causing Klose and Kalas to pass sideways and back. They made us look really poor because of their energy and pressing. It’s very difficult to pass forward without smashing it 90 yards, if you don’t have the options. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think (as has been said) it was partly trying to move Cov around to make space, also there were times the forwards were static. 
The ball I would have like him to try, was a ball into the corner space. Semenyo was waving for it all night, and had the beating of his man. I thought a few longer passes to get them to turn. 

I was more annoyed the other side, it was almost like Kalas didn't want to pass to Bell.

If you're anywhere near section 16 in the lower, I apologise for my language, if you're not you can **** off ?

Oh! That's you is it ???? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I think (as has been said) it was partly trying to move Cov around to make space, also there were times the forwards were static. 
The ball I would have like him to try, was a ball into the corner space. Semenyo was waving for it all night, and had the beating of his man. I thought a few longer passes to get them to turn. 

I was more annoyed the other side, it was almost like Kalas didn't want to pass to Bell.

If you're anywhere near section 16 in the lower, I apologise for my language, if you're not you can **** off ?

I’m in W16 - was that you  that kept shouting “get it in the mixer” every time a City player got into a crossing position?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m in W16 - was that you  that kept shouting “get it in the mixer” every time a City player got into a crossing position?

Wow, W16 is becoming the home of OTIB’s finest (for the want of a better word) 

Myself, @Robbored. @1960maaan and I saw a tweeted photo taken from there last night from @3 Peaps In A PodCast Anyone else on here? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Myself, @Robbored. @1960maaan and I saw a tweeted photo taken from there last night from @3 Peaps In A PodCast Anyone else on here? 

I'd dispute the word "finest" :bonkers: 

47 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ll take a photo at the next game and post on here. The one that DaveFev put up earlier is pretty close to my location.

• Like 1