IGNORED

Have you renewed?

Red-Robbo

Have you renewed?  

391 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I am great believer in things going in cycles, I am always thinking the good times are coming around again. Looking forward to seeing the next generation come through too.

Yes our cycle is 8 years.

So next season is our season....

1975/76 > 8 years

1983/84 > 6 years

1989/90 > 8 years 

1997/98 > 9 years 

2006/07 > 8 years

2014/15 > ?

Average every 8 years

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Done.

Old man took me to my first game in 1973, so I’m balls deep now. Anyhow can’t let the old bugger suffer on his own now, can I…?

I expect he's renewing for similar reasons - "I took him to his first game in 1973, I can't abandon him now ..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

There are 4 of us that sit together, a few others scattered around AG. 
I love our get togethers pre match, I'd miss that massively. Plus I will always watch anyway, some how. Stoke was the first game I haven't bothered with at all for ages. There has been some hesitation , one guy has been working for Sheff U so has missed many more games than he's seen, one isn't sure, one wants to, and me?  Not enjoyed football much for 2 years, it has been better lately (a little), and the prospect of seeing Scott, Semenyo, HNM and a few other fulfil potential is a draw. So I probably will.

If this season follows previous ones, then my mate who suggested we tell the wives we have renewed and just went on it all day, may have some takers for the year after.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had a ST for the first ever couple of years in the Dolman and a couple in The Eastend, used to go all home and most away back in late sixties/early seventies; not been to The Bristol Sport Stadium since the Eastend got chopped, still following but from afar :tv_horror:

Edited by gl2

I have done, but it did occur to me I'm spending nearly a grand a year (Lansdown ticket at around £660, watching most away games on Robins TV at £10 / time) on it at the moment which is insane.

Working full time and with a kid who's too young to go if there aren't improvements next year I'll probably think a bit harder - and then renew anyway.

Still looking forward to next season. I pretty much always do!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

If, as I suspect, we get around 80% renewal and we end up with circa 10-11k season ticket holders then I think the owner should count himself lucky tbh. It hasn’t been one bad season, we’ve been watching crap football for four seasons now and the mismanagement of the club which will not repair itself short term whoever is first team manager is certainly testing loyalty.

4 seasons of crap football a tad harsh I reckon.

Don't think 2018/19 was so bad, felt more mixed IMO. Definitely surrendered initiative a lot in 2019/20, after a good start with reasonable performances last season things went south badly results, injuries and performance wise and we've had ups and downs but statistically one of the worst this season and some awful stuff but not solely awful stuff.

Seeing younger players arriving ie Tanner and Atkinson, and a range pushing through internally gives me some hope moving forward too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

4 seasons of crap football a tad harsh I reckon.

Don't think 2018/19 was so bad, felt more mixed IMO. Definitely surrendered initiative a lot in 2019/20, after a good start with reasonable performances last season things went south badly results, injuries and performance wise and we've had ups and downs but statistically one of the worst this season and some awful stuff but not solely awful stuff.

Seeing younger players arriving ie Tanner and Atkinson, and a range pushing through internally gives me some hope moving forward too.

We will have to agree to disagree. Four seasons of counter attacking football AT HOME is wearing on me tbh. Each to their own though. I’m happy that youth are being given a go but that doesn’t alter the fact that overall the football is crap and if I solely went to Ashton Gate for the quality of the football I would have stopped going a long time ago to be honest.

Even Nige alluded to it a couple of days ago. We play counter attacking football because the players we have are not capable of playing on the front foot.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Four seasons of counter attacking football AT HOME is wearing on me tbh. Each to their own though. I’m happy that youth are being given a go but that doesn’t alter the fact that overall the football is crap and if I solely went to Ashton Gate for the quality of the football I would have stopped going a long time ago to be honest.

Even Nige alluded to it a couple of days ago. We play counter attacking football because the players we have are not capable of playing on the front foot.

Some games in 2018/19 were counterattacking at home yes, some weren't IIRC. Probably vs similar and better teams but yes agree to disagree certainly.

6 hours ago, Red Exile said:

No, and we won't be. Like @Lanterne Rouge it's the sheer slog of a whole day travelling for a 'matchday experience' that has usually been one of extreme frustration. Apart from the chat with @GrahamC it's rarely been worth the effort. It'll be POTD next year, as it often has been in the past, we'll buy memberships. On the upside our last POTD season was 2014-15. Very happy to be out of pocket if next year turns out to be as good as that!

Thanks for the kind words Steve.

As we have discussed your travel & mine are worlds apart, because as you know I’m fortunate enough to be able to walk to the Gate.

Toying with the idea of moving to the Lansdown, same price (if I avoid the central section), but comfier seats!

Keep in touch.

• Robin 1

Let’s be fair, for those that have renewed, they have gone for the experience of the day of watching City. It’s tough, never easy but it’s your team at the end of the day….

I admire anybody paying to watch the struggles…

UREDS.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Toying with the idea of moving to the Lansdown, same price (if I avoid the central section), but comfier seats!

Not sure about comfier seats. We chose the Lansdown for the little bit of extra legroom compared to the Dolman.
If you move to the Lansdown wings, I apologise for the bad language :blush:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure about comfier seats. We chose the Lansdown for the little bit of extra legroom compared to the Dolman.
If you move to the Lansdown wings, I apologise for the bad language :blush:

No one ever needs to apologise to me for bad language mate, trust me, it is far more likely to be the other way around..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have been taking my lads but they’re off to sit with their mates next year so going to not renew and POTD.  Went to Peterborough away this year for an over night and enjoyed that so am going to use the money saved and pick a few away games next year.   Not enjoying the match day experience as much anymore.  Silly things could improve it as well.   The quality of the food has dropped, the band always come on late( we get up to ground at one). No toilets outside when you are having a few beers in the sunshine.  Busses unreliable leaving the ground.  Have a new born as well so miss out on time with him  but will join when he’s old enough to come and watch.

• Like 3

I'm not renewing after 25 years of having a season ticket. Nothing to do with the shite football of the last few seasons though. 

Hit with redundancy last year, and have decided to sell up and start a new chapter in life with the other half in the New Forest. 

Bit gutted to be honest, but will make it for a few select games I expect. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 13

Renewed, two of, had these Dolman seats since the dark days of 1982 and was in another block before that from the Division 1 promotion time. One was my late father’s, now my older son’s.  This frustrating club just gets in your blood !

I could get to watch FGR quicker and easier than getting to the gate but just couldn’t do that.

• Robin 3

4 minutes ago, leader said:

Yep I’m renewing  getting out the dolman and going to south stand (East end) to me

Did the same last year, except Lansdown to East End. Back to where it all started for me and despite my age I still enjoy a good sing song at football.

• Like 1

After a good moan and giving it some good thought of course I’ve renewed.

One major plus was walking away from Stoke on Saturday realising I had a 100% away record this season, ok I didn’t get to many but it’s never happened before. I usually see one away win in 3 seasons.

Cardiff, QPR, Stoke and but for a last minute change of mind Reading. I thoroughly enjoyed each one, especially Cardiff and would hate to miss out on tickets by not being a season card holder. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 2