IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

You might not get a choice..... :) 

5 hours ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Cummon major, just to balance the books and get rid of some big wages. 

You could be the new Ashton Gate one.

I suppose if the offer was big enough. I could go to Cardiff, be crap and come back at the end of my contract on a free . 

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If Antoine did get sold, you could even try to renegotiate a deal with Wells, try to get him to accept a lower wage for an extra year.  He’s still fit, doesn’t get injured, and appears to be good with the younger players.

I’m convinced the uncertainty around Semenyo is one of the 2 reasons Pearson doesn’t appear too fussed about moving Wells on, the other being his professionalism.

Other factor in play here if Semenyo goes & we have funds to replace, is that Martin will be 34 next season & it is incredibly optimistic to expect him to be available for all 46 games again & turn in the consistent level of performances he managed in 21/22.

A striker bought potentially to replace Semenyo could on occasion need to perform his role, too.

There is definitely no one at U23 level who is a like for like for either Semenyo or Martin.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Now being reported as being dropped rather then sorting his future out,

Maybe he didn't make a good impression 

With whom? The fans appeared to really like what they saw and he played a major part in their 2nd goal. Unless he wasn't popular within the squad for some reason?

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Now being reported as being dropped rather then sorting his future out,

Maybe he didn't make a good impression 

An odd way of reporting it don't you think? Removed from the squad and sent home after one sub appearance suggests more than simply being dropped.

I conclude that none of the reports we are getting are reliable.

• Like 1

Came across this ‘showreel’

A relaxing , enjoyable , fun watch and really makes you realise what a growing talent he is , and why Premier League Clubs would be circling 

Last season really was a Semenyo- Andi , Andi - Semenyo show

https://youtu.be/a6a-Qr1TTBU

Watching it , what is frustrating and a little sad , is that , had it not been for the s** show of the last 4 yrs or so and creating a complete mess, even if we had pushed and prodded in upper half of table with sensible ins and outs , Antoine now fulfilling his potential should be the wildcard / joker that suddenly makes us very much a play off team if not a realistic chance of promotion

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, robin for life said:

This. The most logical option all round. Say he's on 20K now, say you go right how about we guarantee you football this year, we pay you £15,000 a week, you're helping our wage bill, but in return we'll give you a 2 year extension on 10K a week for the following two seasons, with appearance, goal and win bonuses, so if we win and score, you'll get 15K that week.

What's he done to be a guaranteed starter and deserving of a longer contract? 

On 03/06/2022 at 21:23, archie andrews said:

just when something looks like clicking too......

Always seems to be the way 2 steps forwards 1 step back and gets a bit annoying after 50 years like I have endured, it's catch 22 we can't hold on to players because we don't go up and don't go up because we can't hold on to our best players, Buggered if I know the answer though.

• Like 5

Question is, should we get an offer we can’t refuse (20+mill) who do we look to replace him and wells with? 

to note I still think wells should go even if semenyo does due to his wages, age etc.

In the scenario of money coming in, I would like us to explore the signing of Cameron archer from villa.