IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

13 minutes ago, Gol said:

Their local reporter seems to think so. Forest is my bet however, they had a bid rejected at the end of January. He would fit their style of play and cooper has a proven record of developing players

I would be  disappointed to see him go this summer but I feel it is likely with the interest in him

Forest is a good shout and I don't think 20 million will worry them, they aren't afraid to spend big

• Like 1

Celtic aren't spending that sort of money on anyone - let alone someone that wouldn't be straight in as first choice.

Disagree that it would be a bad move for him though, plenty of players have gone through the pathway of Celtic to the EPL. That said, I don't think he needs that pathway right now, there will already be top flight clubs wanting to bring him in.

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Forest is a good shout and I don't think 20 million will worry them, they aren't afraid to spend big

I think they will spend big this summer. Mind you it would take a lot of money just to make their loans this season permanent! Be interesting to see what they do.

Alleged story is that Forest bid £3m in January, thinking they could take advantage of the losses we announced in December.  They were miles off our valuation.  Further rumour is that they wouldn’t risk £15m+ this summer on an untried player who’s only had a breakthrough season…and more likely to go in for Davies permanently.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Alleged story is that Forest bid £3m in January, thinking they could take advantage of the losses we announced in December.  They were miles off our valuation.  Further rumour is that they wouldn’t risk £15m+ this summer on an untried player who’s only had a breakthrough season…and more likely to go in for Davies permanently.

Let’s hope that there’s no club out there, willing to risk £15m on AS this summer - if we can keep WSM performing as they did last season and then have a much tighter defence  (looks promising, based on our transfer business so far), we could/should have a much better season coming up ??

• Like 7

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yeah , strange. That line up I saw clearly didn’t have him on it . Congratulations Antoine 

Yes congratulations Antoine !:clap: 

Do you know if a line up be changed at the last minute through illness/injury ?

Must be a serious bid, if true. Instantly meeting the clubs asking price.

I suppose it's also best to get the deal done and improve the squad early, as opposed to trying to replace him later in the window. 

Would be a huge shame to lose him after the form he showed last season. However we must keep his contract situation in mind, he's currently at peak value. 

£15m-£20m would be ideal, would allow us to invest in the squad, whilst banking much needed funds to ease the financial burden. 

It would be nice for us to just once actually keep a quality player. Chucking 20+k at people like Wells and Palmer when that money should be going to Semenyo, Scott etc.

Very disappointing but we haven’t got much of a choice. Hopefully it’ll enable us to bring in some real quality at least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Im no expert on transfer fees but I think people are gonna be disappointed judging by the £20,000,000 price tag people keep commenting.

Pearson has said on a few occasions that he won’t stand in his way if Prem club came in but he would be ‘very expensive’ 

Latest (earlier today) from Daily Record re Celtic interest:

Another attacker who has been linked is Bristol City striker Antoine Semenyo but any deal there will likely have to wait til his business with Ghana finishes on June 10.

He made his debut in the 3-0 win over Madagascar on Wednesday night and Ghana hero Awudu Issaka was pleased with what he saw. Although he reckons Semenyo is far from your traditional front man.

"I see him as a playmaker and not a striker," he said. "He is very mobile and has good movements.

"He tackles as well, he plays in the same role as Jordan but he's mobile and industrious.

"He is good on both the left and the right side. He knows how to curl the ball and he is strong and forceful.

"If he is given his opportunity, he should do his best because in Ghana normally, when you are talented, you get attacks.

"He should be focused and think about Ghana. What we need now is someone who can partner him."