IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

My concern is, that’s a high opening bid. That £15m mark could be reached fairly quickly. 

If he’s still here in July and scores in the opening game, the floodgates of cash open imo. 

Agreed and given it’s only mid-June he could be gone before the season starts if the price is right. What that is I don’t know but if it gets to £20m+ I think he will go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Agreed and given it’s only mid-June he could be gone before the season starts if the price is right. What that is I don’t know but if it gets to £20m+ I think he will go.

I think we’ll except something in the region of 14-15 million with add ons taking it to 18 ish 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

£20 million minimum considering we got that for Adam Webster. 

How should we respond to lower bids, your Majesty?

Animated GIF

Transfer market is an interesting thing tbh- Spence at £20m, would that have been predicted when loaned out at Middlesbrough and this post Covid too!

Then again, Armstrong at Blackburn went for less didn't he despite a fantastic season. Granted we're a year on from the summer following Covid.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, BLRed said:

I think we can afford to hold out for minimum 20mill. Our hand doesn’t need to be forced unless for huge money. I don’t even see 20mill as huge nowadays either imo

As long as Antoine is head down and happy to be patient for his move , and if we believe that Antoine is still developing and improving (Which clearly we are) then we need to hold our nerve unless the offer is simply ridiculous - If he starts with us next season every goal and good performance increases his value , and for his POV , potentially his choice of destination.

I think we should be looking for 20 Minimum, 

There are few attractive options in EFL for clubs looking for forwards

• Like 2

He's such an important player but the reality is that if there is no contract extension his value declines with just one year left on his contract at the end of this season.  He's got a great attitude but like all players, he's ambitious to play in the Premier League aside from the financial considerations.  I think it's almost inevitable he will go for between £15m and £20m with add-ons. 

He'll be a significant loss but I am very impressed with how Nigel and co have operated this transfer window.  That was my one fear that the manager had a taste for players a bit past their sell-by date. But that was clearly just an interim approach and he is now going for both experience with mileage left on the clock and high potential flair players in tandem with bringing on academy players.  Very relieved and impressed by that.   Antoine will be hard to replace, but there's no doubt the recruitment team have upped their game and there are always exciting up-and-coming players out there in the lower leagues that they will have their eye on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bcfcnick said:

He's such an important player but the reality is that if there is no contract extension his value declines with just one year left on his contract at the end of this season.  He's got a great attitude but like all players, he's ambitious to play in the Premier League aside from the financial considerations.  I think it's almost inevitable he will go for between £15m and £20m with add-ons. 

He'll be a significant loss but I am very impressed with how Nigel and co have operated this transfer window.  That was my one fear that the manager had a taste for players a bit past their sell-by date. But that was clearly just an interim approach and he is now going for both experience with mileage left on the clock and high potential flair players in tandem with bringing on academy players.  Very relieved and impressed by that.   Antoine will be hard to replace, but there's no doubt the recruitment team have upped their game and there are always exciting up-and-coming players out there in the lower leagues that they will have their eye on.

It’s hardly a shock that we’re receiving a bid, with probably more to come. Let’s hope recruitment have been succession planning for this eventuality.

I love the player Semenyo has become, he has be one a focal point of our attack, and has all the attributes required to play at the highest standard. But £20m is likely to be peak value for him. 

He has 2 years (1yr + 1yr option) left on his deal. If he stays and has a brilliant season, it's likely we will still only be in a position to demand £20m next summer due to his contract situation. 

Unfortunately, if someone is willing to pay the £20m this summer, it will be hard for the club to refuse. 

• Like 2

Forest, Bournemouth, Palace or Southampton my best guesses.

If Forest I don’t reckon they’ll go any higher…I think they are just trying to get in early because they’ll lose out to other clubs if they become interested.

Bournemouth I wonder where he fits in with Solanke and K.Moore….playing him wide isn’t what he needs.