IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

Just now, brad blit said:

Lets not forget people the reported 'Accepted' bid is from Talksport - They might have Simon Jordan as a commentator on there, but i dont believe they are the most reliable source out there. Plenty more to happen with this yet I believe

Yep, if I remember rightly talksport said that hughton was coming to us after we sacked Johnson and we all know what happened after that

29 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Unfortunately with only 1.5 years on contract we have to accept this fee which is a fair one.

Fair? Fair as in the way Bournemouth cheated their way to the PL and are now taking advantage of being a yo-yo club.

Quite frankly  **** what they think is fair, get as much money as possible, and even then ask for more.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Would we have to pocket any of this to be even safer with FFP? Or can we go absolutely wild in the market now / summer? Sorry very out of the loop with regards to FFP

It's a bit unknown.

The general consensus is that we're fine regardless, I have some doubts about the apparent methodology and whether bits of it would stand up to scrutiny. If we sell Semenyo we'll be fine come what may.

It'll help come the summer without doubt, with Bentley off early too, Wells contract extension spreading the cost although I estimate a £19m FFP Loss last season but we're very much trending in the right direction.

Mind you I am a bit bearish! Like I say the majority think we'll be absolutely fine based on acceptance of transfer add-backs and they could well be right, I'm a little on the cautious side.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£9m plus add-ons sounds a bit derisory tbh. Of course those add-ons could be very easy to hit, devil is in the detail but the initial fee yes is a bit derisory.

Could it be that Bournemouth are willing to pay £9m upfront and the rest in instalments ? I've heard some people say if it is £15m it would likely be paid over a period of time so £9m upfront right now doesn't seem to bad if the add on's are likely to come a later date 

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Could a best case end up being - he goes to Bournemouth, bangs in a few goals whilst they go down, then a bigger club pick him up this summer and we feast on the sell-on too?

Or, to answer my own question. Could that be a worst case?

Say he goes to another club for £14m.

We’d get at best 40% of profit, so circa £2.2m, but miss out on all these add on clauses for appearances and so on.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Value drops dramatically if he's here in the summer, plus the club needs the money (which is common knowledge to other clubs)

My own opinion, but I disagree…it doesn’t necessarily drop, let alone dramatically.  It would do if he was still here after the summer window closes, but not during it necessarily.

The club always needs money, but we don’t currently need it for FFP, and come the summer we lose a big chunk of the cost base anyway.

Just my view though.

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

I'm sure we have someone lined up and it'll be a condition of the deal for AS. We'd be silly not as otherwise once we've sold him then we'll be held to ransom knowing the amount in the kitty etc.

I think we are going to be held to ransom in any case, both by the selling club and the players agent.

Even if this deal has not officially gone through other clubs will be 100% aware of it and will price their player accordingly.

With an added premium as we are so late in the window. 

I think the best option financially would be a 6 month loan of a PL striker who is not currently getting a game.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£9m plus add-ons sounds a bit derisory tbh. Of course those add-ons could be very easy to hit, devil is in the detail but the initial fee yes is a bit derisory.

Not sure about that. If you look at Semenyo's body of work to date, and his conversion rate in particular, there has to be quite a big leap of faith element to paying this sort of money for him. 

32 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Defensively yes.

But I feel a Massengo type conversation for the future there @Davefevs ?

You’ve started to answer it yourself below ???

27 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

All good points @LondonBristolian

I just feel from an attacking perspective we are a bit lop sided at the moment. With the vast majority of our attacks down the left hand side.

Blackburn were well drilled on us last Sat, and when they shut down Pring. That showed up the lack of productivity from the right hand side, it left us a bit devoid until Bell came on and added a bit more impetus.

Completely agree with both you @GrahamC over Tanner defensively. When Pring goes, he stays, and provides cover for Vyner & Atkinson. Makes a huge difference as people have said, playing a right back there, rather than someone out of position.

I think it’s worth remembering who was playing left wing / forward for Blackburn on Saturday!  And what that might’ve been meant tactically?

I can’t comment on Swansea (a), but he was pretty decent with the ball v Brum too.

Lets wait until he’s played another 4-6 games at RB in a back 4 and see how we view him then.

23 minutes ago, CTIDhc said:

Would we have to pocket any of this to be even safer with FFP? Or can we go absolutely wild in the market now / summer? Sorry very out of the loop with regards to FFP

Multiple ways to skin a cat (£9m)! ???