IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Must be weird for Antoine going from a championship team to a Premier League club, whose entire stadium you could fit into the Lansdown stand. Can't feel like much of an upgrade apart from the coin. 

Probably helps when every other week you’re playing in front of 30-70k though 

5 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Must be weird for Antoine going from a championship team to a Premier League club, whose entire stadium you could fit into the Lansdown stand. Can't feel like much of an upgrade apart from the coin. 

Agree.  Gets to play away every week though at least   Palace the much better option though - if they want him and are prepared to pay.  

I think Richard Gould would have known last week that a deal was happening and as someone else said this may have been a deadline day for a deal set by us. If so then I would be surprised if a deal for a replacement had not been worked on and likely agreed before todays news on Antoine. I don’t thing an experienced CEO would have waited for the deal to be agreed before having his incoming plans either set up or at least very close.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

he'd get to play at Old Trafford, Emirates though…or at least trying their changing rooms to begin with

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You’ve started to answer it yourself below ???

I think it’s worth remembering who was playing left wing / forward for Blackburn on Saturday!  And what that might’ve been meant tactically?

I can’t comment on Swansea (a), but he was pretty decent with the ball v Brum too.

Lets wait until he’s played another 4-6 games at RB in a back 4 and see how we view him then.

I think anyone we look at on the right would be short term, you and @NcnsBcfc, haven't mentioned Kane Wilson is on his way back and would be long term competition.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I think Richard Gould would have known last week that a deal was happening and as someone else said this may have been a deadline day for a deal set by us. If so then I would be surprised if a deal for a replacement had not been worked on and likely agreed before todays news on Antoine. I don’t thing an experienced CEO would have waited for the deal to be agreed before having his incoming plans either set up or at least very close.

I agree.

Although stuff does fall through too, hopefully not in our case.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think anyone we look at on the right would be short term, you and @NcnsBcfc, haven't mentioned Kane Wilson is on his way back and would be long term competition.

@GrahamCdid on my behalf! ? He’s had a first season a bit like George hasn’t he?  Plenty of time for him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The £50k per week they were rumoured to be offering Semenyo might cushion the blow a little!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If you'd told me circa 2010 that in around 10 years time we'd be selling our best young players to Bournemouth for fees of £14m and £9m respectively, I'd have assumed you were a crackhead. 

Quite sad isn't it when you compare the likes of us to them, Brighton, Brentford etc

• Like 5