IGNORED

FA Cup 22-23

22A

This is the round clubs from Nat Lge North and South join in.

The tie of the round?

image.png.2b908fe6138b28ef2da26114c21efe3b.png

Elsewhere; 13; Darlo v Southport a pair of former league teams meeting at this level. ? There are some other former League teams in at this stage, but not paired together.

40; Heybridge Swifts. Anyone on here go to City's game there some years back?

Pleasing to see Taunton, Bath & Yate all have home ties.

• Admin
1 hour ago, 22A said:

This is the round clubs from Nat Lge North and South join in.

The tie of the round?

image.png.2b908fe6138b28ef2da26114c21efe3b.png

Elsewhere; 13; Darlo v Southport a pair of former league teams meeting at this level. ? There are some other former League teams in at this stage, but not paired together.

Pleasing to see Taunton, Bath & Yate all have home ties.

I honestly did not realise Southport were ever a league team, had to check. You've a great memory remembering back to 1978

As for Heybridge, yeah remember the early kick off. Remember them nearly taking the lead then we bossed them out the game. I'm sure that game was featured on match of the day 

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

I honestly did not realise Southport were ever a league team, had to check. You've a great memory remembering back to 1978

As for Heybridge, yeah remember the early kick off. Remember them nearly taking the lead then we bossed them out the game. I'm sure that game was featured on match of the day 

Christian Roberts got a few I think?

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, 22A said:

20 years ago. I wonder how today's team would hit seven?

DID YOU KNOW?
In 1893, the fans of the Heybridge F.C. were so unhappy with the performance of the referee that they threatened to throw him in the pond. Heybridge FC were fined £2 and banned for six weeks!

• Robin 1

Last night's replay ended Gosport Borough 4 - Hamworthy United 0 which sets Paulton Rovers up with an away game to Gosport Borough, 17th September.

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round South and South West Region.

67    Weston Super Mare (7)        Shepton Mallet (9)    
68    Havant & Waterlooville (6)        AFC Totton (8)    
69    Gosport Borough (7)        Paulton Rovers (8)    
70    Taunton Town (6)        Laverstock & Ford (9)    
71    Merthyr Town (7)        Cirencester Town (8)    
72    Bath City (6)        Hartley Wintney (7)    
73    Yate Town (7)        Tiverton Town (7)    
74    Winchester City (7)        Weymouth (6)    
75    Swindon Supermarine (7)        Dorchester Town (7)    
76    Bishop's Cleeve (8)        Helston Athletic (9)    
77    Hungerford Town (6)        Gloucester City (6)    
78    North Leigh (7)        Plymouth Parkway (7)    
79    Chippenham Town (6)        Sholing (8)    
80    Salisbury (7)        Oxford City (6)

Good representation by local non-league clubs.

Second Round Qualifying winners: £3,375
Second Round Qualifying losers: £1,125

Edited by Gosport_Red

On 05/09/2022 at 19:01, 22A said:

The game itself was a non-entity but two incidents live long in the memory.

We stood directly behind their dugout and they had a Mike Brolly lookalike winger by the name of 'Jamie', I recall. Their very loud (and friendly) manager started by trying to direct all traffic through wonderkid Jamie. "Jamie take a touch...Jamie come inside... Get wide Jamie." It was relentless. Problem being Jamie wasn't all that and not long in made a total rickett, the first of many as it transpired. At the time I was somewhat known for being able to 'get into' players heads. Insults and abuse are water off a duck's back to most players but be polite, give them something to think about and you'll have their ear. "I feel sorry for you Jamie, doing that on your big day....occasion getting to you Jamie...Jamie, shall I ask them to turn the cameras off? Their manager seeing what was happening upped the ante lavishing ever more encouragement and instruction Jamie's way. Reciprocally, Jamie screwed up and I upped my game. One ball was coming wide to him, Jamie alone in acres of space, when at full volume and with much urgency I screamed " Man On!" Jamie jumped a couple of feet in the air, nearly followed through and mis-controlled the ball into touch. City fans erupted with laughter. The manager turned to us, half laughing, and asked, "Come on, give the kid a chance, he's only young.." To which the obvious response was, "No, all's fair in combat so to protect him you'd better sub him." Several City choruses of "Taxi For Jamie," subbed he was.

The other incident related to a seemingly nasty injury incurred by one of their players. After much head scratching between the physios and St John's Ambulance a stretcher was called for, which took some time to arrive courtesy of the groundsman. As the player was being carried off you could see (and hear) the fella at the front cotton on to the fact the keys to the locked changing rooms were in his trouser pocket. Those following appeared oblivious to this predicament. Entering the goalmouth the bearer at the front attempted a deft slight of hand in trying to hold both stretcher AND extricate the keys. As they say in entertainment, with hilarious consequence, he secured the keys but not the handle of the stretcher, the injured party rolling sideways from height onto the pitch. Gasps and giggles throughout the stadium and I do believe the injured player thought it safer to struggle to the changing rooms on foot rather than risk further injury at the hands of the medics.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 22A said:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fa-cup/fixtures-results

Bath drew 2-2 at home as did Bishop's Cleeve, Chippenham won 3-0 at home, Paulton drew 1-1 away, Gloucester won 3-1 away,

Then looking at team Rovers might possibly meet in two rounds time; Weston s Mare 1 - Shepton Mallet 0 and Yate 2 - Tiverton 1

Gloucester City and Taunton Town through to the next round along with Plymouth Parkway.

Long old trip down to Helston for Bishop`s Cleeve for a replay.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Bath drew 2-2 at home as did Bishop's Cleeve, Chippenham won 3-0 at home, Paulton drew 1-1 away, Gloucester won 3-1 away,

Then looking at team Rovers might possibly meet in two rounds time; Weston s Mare 1 - Shepton Mallet 0 and Yate 2 - Tiverton 1

Paulton equalised in injury time with a goal straight in from a corner. Off to the replay on Wed night.

I watched an entertaining game yesterday. Yate 2 Tiverton 1

Both had players sent off. 

The ref had a nightmare game. 

First time I've seen Beadle get off his arse and get animated :laugh: 

Lots of banter from the crowd...felt like a pantomime at times.

Three well taken goals though.

Our own Prince Henry nicking the ball and scoring.

Craig Woodman player assistant coach for Tiverton, didn't come on.

An enjoyable afternoons entertainment for a tenner ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I watched an entertaining game yesterday. Yate 2 Tiverton 1

Both had players sent off. 

The ref had a nightmare game. 

First time I've seen Beadle get off his arse and get animated :laugh:

Lots of banter from the crowd...felt like a pantomime at times.

Three well taken goals though.

Our own Prince Henry nicking the ball and scoring.

Craig Woodman player assistant coach for Tiverton, didn't come on.

An enjoyable afternoons entertainment for a tenner ?

I know he scored a cracker yesterday, but what are your thoughts on Khari Allen? I know we can't keep them all, but I always thought he looked like he could get a club higher than his current position.

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I know he scored a cracker yesterday, but what are your thoughts on Khari Allen? I know we can't keep them all, but I always thought he looked like he could get a club higher than his current position.

Tbh...I haven't seen enough of him yet to make a fair judgement.

Yate have also got Barney Soady who was also released.

Whilst competent at this level, I haven't seen anything him in yet to make me think he could make it at City.

In saying that, he showed composure and guile yesterday, against a beast of a player, who was both fast and strong with good feet. Tivertons number 10. Can't remember his name.

Perhaps they will both develop and move to bigger things.

Happened with Tyrone Ming's when he developed at Yate. So who knows.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 22A said:

Up the Hartley Wintney (for the 2-2 at Bath).

On 20/09/2022 at 15:30, Lanterne Rouge said:

Tough draws for the two Devon/Cornwall sides left in. Helston away at WSM if they win their replay v Bishops Cleeve and Plymouth Parkway away at Oxford City.

Taunton should be OK provided the opposition don`t wear laced up boots and corduroys.

Hell of  a result for Helston, first year in the Western League after a limited time in the South West Peninsula.

Mate of mine runs there Development side.

• Like 2