IGNORED

Remember When Some Wanted to Scrap the Academy?

Port Said Red

9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Ok so you have now confirmed you a wind up merchant. You have read a statement of intent from the club's official website, and deliberately decided to misinterpret it and twist it to match your agenda.

And don't ******* quote me as if I am some kind of disciple.

You need some of this to sort you out.

81LAwnlNwVL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f754901440060d541d9f344ccf922ec0.jpg

All I did was -

Read it using a skill I picked up at School.

After reading it I formed an opinion using some skills called ‘thinking’

After reading it I expressed my opinion in writing again another skill I picked up at School.

Or I could have copied a picture and use some words I have heard the grown up use…..

I know it can be difficult but why not try to use the skills of reading, thinking and writing.

Honestly it will make you feel better.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Better Red said:

All I did was -

Read it using a skill I picked up at School.

After reading it I formed an opinion using some skills called ‘thinking’

After reading it I expressed my opinion in writing again another skill I picked up at School.

Or I could have copied a picture and use some words I have heard the grown up use…..

I know it can be difficult but why not try to use the skills of reading, thinking and writing.

Honestly it will make you feel better.

I can only assume you completely failed your English Comprehension exam then. That quote starts with a line that says the licence was given to BCFC, but concludes with "produce home grown talent for professional clubs (plural) to use in their teams. 

That's more than one club then, isn't it? Unless of course you would like to use 1984 Newspeak talent to show that my contradiction to you inaccurate assessment, is actually me giving you top marks.

If anyone is interested on how an academy is run from 8 to 18 yo...the pressure, work ethic, what's expected, let down etc...then this series is worth a watch.

The first 3 episodes have shown pretty much what it's like from both sides 

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/academy/channel-4-to-air-documentary-series-on-crystal-palace-academy-football-dreams-the-academy/2022-08-09/

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Academy product Joe Bryan scored in European (conference) competition last night for Nice against Partizan Belgrade.

Not sure who the last a) Bristolian or b) Bristol City academy product would be to have done that?

Magnússon is presumably our last ex-player to play in European competition. 

A chap called Chris Sloan scored in the Champions league for a Cypriot side, but that was probably 20 years ago.

He was from Oldland or Bitton 

47 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Academy product Joe Bryan scored in European (conference) competition last night for Nice against Partizan Belgrade.

Not sure who the last a) Bristolian or b) Bristol City academy product would be to have done that?

Magnússon is presumably our last ex-player to play in European competition. 

Marcus Stewart for Ipswich in UEFA cup?