IGNORED

Stoke sack O'Neill

CyderInACan

Comment on AssChat

"JB has signed a 4 year contract with us and he has already said he wants to be here and get us into the Championship"

They really lap up this shit don't they?

Someone tell him managers contracts aren't worth the paperless paper they're written on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rovers fan are so deluded they really think Barton would turn them down if approached. **** me dead

Think holden has a genuine chance of getting it imo. They’ve been shredding cash for fun for the past 4/5 years, stranger things have happened. 

Edited by petehinton

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thought his time was up when Holden started applying for manager jobs in the summer, he knew it was precarious.

Stoke really are a shit show, graveyard of managers with decent reputations, Rowett, Jones & now O’Neill.

This despite spending eye watering amounts for years & not doing any better than us.

A counter factual to the regular Preston, Millwall, do better than us comments..

Preston were/are regularly used to "counter" the "we cannot compete" and the "we don't have Parachute Payments" argument often cited on here that we are little Bristol City and cannot begin to think or hope we can do anything at this level beyond have one half decent season then slip quietly back whence we came.

We came up with Preston and so they are a very good barometer, unlike Stoke who were/are on a downward trend after a highly successful period for them. Very different, even with PP. 

Preston, and indeed Millwall, are excellent retorts to the notion that it is money we lack, whereas by now, surely, we can all see and understand that it was not a lack of funds but a lack of the right or good enough people making the right or good enough decisions. We wasted so much between 2016 and 2020.

Preston and Millwall are pertinent to us because up until Covid they managed to do better than us with considerably less than us, thus highlighting that we did not get enough or as much out what we did have as we perhaps should have got. As I believe SL probably thought, too.

Now I know you will have many thoughts in response to this and be minded to air them publicly in perhaps a forthright and some might say blunt manner on this forum but I am off out shortly and not going to take any notice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Has he though? Let's not forget that he got them relegated in the first place. They're in exactly the same division as when he took over.

And they’d still be in L2 if they hadn’t have got that lad in from Newcastle who got them up by himself pretty much 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Rovers fan are so deluded they really think Barton would turn them down if approached. **** me dead

Think holden has a genuine chance of getting it imo. They’ve been shredding cash for fun for the past 4/5 years, stranger things have happened. 

Suppose it depends if they start well & so base it on 5 games, like we did..

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Can't stand Barton but he's done a good job at the Blue few, so unsurprising he's been linked

I'm not sure on this either. Ultimately they would have been aiming for promotion in that division and it was a great turn around for them, but that hid an otherwise unconvincing season. 

If he wasn't well known, and used to play in the lower divisions, I suspect most would be pretty underwhelmed if he was appointed at championship level. 

Not surprised he's been sacked as Stoke fans I knew had enough last year. Not sure on doing it with the window just closing though. 

Edited by Rebounder

25 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

F724554F-ED19-4573-BEAA-84C8E552563E.png

There are people with scruples out there. My friend follows Yate Town and said he was chatting to 4 guys who were gasheads and have become season ticket holders there instead. There maybe more. Was it @Seventeenwho said on here that he hasn't been down since Barton came in?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Selred said:

Looks like Alex Neil could be going to Stoke? Seems a cheap option, in the sense they only need to remove two letters from the manager sign rather than full replace it.

That would be one of the strangest managerial moves ever

Why would Neil go from a massive Prem level club like Sunderland to a club like Stoke who have no bigger a fanbase than us?

21 hours ago, !james said:

Dream on! Would be a downward step for both.

Someone like Mowbray is more realistic 

Sky Sports now tweeting that Alex Neil has been given permission to speak to Stoke. His Sunderland press conference this morning was postponed as he was "in a meeting".

• Like 1